Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #46
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

Oddometer: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Shovel View Post
Here in Washington State motorcycles are not required to carry any insurance, which is absolutely stupid.
Whut

Good to have a choice, but what a choice that is.

I am defiantly going to look into vintage insurance when I get it back on the road. As I started repairing it, the deeper I get the more I find wrong. Went to put another set of forks on it and found out the trees are bent. With that, the entire front was broken or bent in the crash with the exception of the headlight. How the headlight didn't get broken is a small wonder since even the speedometer got tweaked, the headlight cowl got cracked and various headlight supports were also bent. The tire is still holding air, even with the damage to the wheel.

I have been back on a bike but just on the street so far and the first ride after the crash felt soooo good. Driving an automobile after a two year absence from them reminds me of how complacent and unaware it causes drivers to be unless they are actively engaged in driving and driving only. As a motorcycle rider, I have acquired an almost second nature at detecting hazards before I get to them by looking far ahead, but obviously not far ahead enough to see the future and I still can't read drivers minds, but working on that.

I've got to get out of the automobile before it makes me soft. I find myself enjoying the heater and staying dry too much.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #47
inbred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Nasty wrist injury. Best of luck with your recovery.
inbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #48
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

Oddometer: 723
Thanks inbred, I'm doing better but by no means able to ignore that something still isn't right, or at least as it was before. The lawyers are still doing their thing and that is getting to me more with every week that passes. It is just one of those things in the back of the mind until it is over, I can't hardly go a day without worrying about the whole thing.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #49
Strave19
n00b savant

Oddometer: 77
Oh man, sorry to hear about the latest crash and new hardware...

I just read through this thread for the first time. Some good advice about insurance, etc...

Really a bummer to hear about your newest 2 wheel mishap. Heal up quick, keep your chin up, get back on it when you can. All you can really do is laugh at these things...
Old 02-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #50
canoeguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Wow the wrist made me cringe, but the collar bone almost makes me sick to my stomach.

Oh' well if you don't break something once in awhile I guess you aren't really living. But honestly you have filled your quota.
canoeguy is offline   Reply With Quote