Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #782
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 156
Hi Eakins,
I would suggest you contact us directly to get help in finding the proper size for the Klim Element gloves. There is much debate on this forum on how well these fall into place with their sizing chart. One of our staff members would be happy to discuss their fit in detail with you. In addition, I think REV'IT! might break out in a rash or something if they knew Klim was being discussed on their thread
Cheers,
Ali
StaffZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #783
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hi Eakins,
I would suggest you contact us directly to get help in finding the proper size for the Klim Element gloves. There is much debate on this forum on how well these fall into place with their sizing chart. One of our staff members would be happy to discuss their fit in detail with you. In addition, I think REV'IT! might break out in a rash or something if they knew Klim was being discussed on their thread
Cheers,
Ali
StaffZilla
sounds painfull.
sorry i looked too quick and misread the title thinking other adv gear was being discussed too.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #784
dadsafrantic
Chef?

Oddometer: 72
spidi vs revit at revzilla

can anyone tell us how the upper end spidi jackets compare to the same priced revit jackets? i really like the looks of the spidi stuff but would prefer not to buy a jacket that would last only a year or 2. i have a 2nd gen fg rainier jacket now that is pretty bullet proof. the problem is the way the neck fits (or doesn't) and it is not warm. tell me something good. i like the marathon h2out.
ATGATT
dadsafrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #785
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
can anyone tell us how the upper end spidi jackets compare to the same priced revit jackets? i really like the looks of the spidi stuff but would prefer not to buy a jacket that would last only a year or 2. i have a 2nd gen fg rainier jacket now that is pretty bullet proof. the problem is the way the neck fits (or doesn't) and it is not warm. tell me something good. i like the marathon h2out.
Hey Dadsafrantic,
I'm very impressed with the Spidi textile collection, and in all honesty, they've been doing adventure textiles longer than REV'IT! The Marathon is a badass jacket, but you aren't getting the benefit of Gore-Tex like you do in the higher end REV'IT! products. I would say both the REV'IT! Sand and Defender will breathe better with their large mesh panels, which the Marathon does not have. The Marathon does give you the option of a chest protector, which is not an option in any REV'IT! jacket.
Kinda sounds like we need to start a new thread just for Spidi products, as their new collection is getting a lot of attention.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 02-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #786
dadsafrantic
Chef?

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Hey Dadsafrantic,
I'm very impressed with the Spidi textile collection, and in all honesty, they've been doing adventure textiles longer than REV'IT! The Marathon is a badass jacket, but you aren't getting the benefit of Gore-Tex like you do in the higher end REV'IT! products. I would say both the REV'IT! Sand and Defender will breathe better with their large mesh panels, which the Marathon does not have. The Marathon does give you the option of a chest protector, which is not an option in any REV'IT! jacket.
Kinda sounds like we need to start a new thread just for Spidi products, as their new collection is getting a lot of attention.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
so how about the ergo 365 jacket? do you have the non armor version?
ATGATT
dadsafrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #787
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
so how about the ergo 365 jacket? do you have the non armor version?
We are anxious to see the Ergo 365 in person, but it hasn't happened yet. You can trust we are going to do a thorough review of that jacket as soon as we can get our hands on one. Please stay tuned....
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 03-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #788
Suter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Question Tornado liners

Hi guys,

I have a question about Tornado liners.

I'm looking for jacket and pants set for 3-season riding that would be waterproof in case of unexpected rain. Tornados are suppose to be waterproof and insulating so that you stay dry in rain and warm on colder days. But how is the liner doing (or you in the liner) on hot day in a rain?

I live in Connecticut, just by NYC, and it gets pretty hot and humid in the summer (Tornado's mesh would be great in here). But will this liner be too hot for a humid hot day when it's raining? I'm not commuting on the bike, so it might happen only few times a year, but I'd like to have a waterproof something (like a inside liner) in my topcase in case of a rain. My concern is I don't want to be wet outside from the rain and inside from sweating.

Would something that has separate liners be better for my expectations? I'd imagine that all waterproof liners don't flow any air (except maybe Gore-Tex for some extent), but is the insulating part very noticeable in hot weather rain?

I want to replace my A-stars Stage and my wide's A-stars Stella jackets with Rev'it textiles this year as those leather jackets didn't work for us. They are too hot in summer (even perforated Stage one) and not warm at all in early spring, late fall.

Last year I got a set of Shoei helmets and Rev'it gloves from Revzilla for both of us. Great costumer service :)

Thanks,
Suter
Suter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #789
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suter View Post
Hi guys,

I have a question about Tornado liners.

I'm looking for jacket and pants set for 3-season riding that would be waterproof in case of unexpected rain. Tornados are suppose to be waterproof and insulating so that you stay dry in rain and warm on colder days. But how is the liner doing (or you in the liner) on hot day in a rain?

I live in Connecticut, just by NYC, and it gets pretty hot and humid in the summer (Tornado's mesh would be great in here). But will this liner be too hot for a humid hot day when it's raining? I'm not commuting on the bike, so it might happen only few times a year, but I'd like to have a waterproof something (like a inside liner) in my topcase in case of a rain. My concern is I don't want to be wet outside from the rain and inside from sweating.

Would something that has separate liners be better for my expectations? I'd imagine that all waterproof liners don't flow any air (except maybe Gore-Tex for some extent), but is the insulating part very noticeable in hot weather rain?

I want to replace my A-stars Stage and my wide's A-stars Stella jackets with Rev'it textiles this year as those leather jackets didn't work for us. They are too hot in summer (even perforated Stage one) and not warm at all in early spring, late fall.

Last year I got a set of Shoei helmets and Rev'it gloves from Revzilla for both of us. Great costumer service :)

Thanks,
Suter
Hi Sutter,
Last summer, when I was still living in NYC and commuting daily in BQE traffic, I found my Tornado pants to be great liners out, not great liners in. The light insulation is definitely a barrier to hot rainy weather. It does work great for cool mornings or riding in Spring and Fall. Humid weather is a tough climate to ride in comfortably, especially when you aren't getting airflow. I might suggest for your riding scenario, you take a look at the new REV'IT! Airwave Jacket and Pants combination (there's also a ladies version) and pick up something like the REV'IT! Cyclone jacket and Acid pants for rainy weather.
We could probably start a whole new thread on having waterproofing on the outside versus using a waterproof liner under your protective gear, but I'll leave it at they both have their advantages and disadvantages.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have additional questions about the REV'IT! collection, as I am very familiar with their product line.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 03-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #790
Suter
Adventurer

Quote:
Hi Sutter,
Last summer, when I was still living in NYC and commuting daily in BQE traffic, I found my Tornado pants to be great liners out, not great liners in. The light insulation is definitely a barrier to hot rainy weather. It does work great for cool mornings or riding in Spring and Fall. Humid weather is a tough climate to ride in comfortably, especially when you aren't getting airflow. I might suggest for your riding scenario, you take a look at the new REV'IT! Airwave Jacket and Pants combination (there's also a ladies version) and pick up something like the REV'IT! Cyclone jacket and Acid pants for rainy weather.
We could probably start a whole new thread on having waterproofing on the outside versus using a waterproof liner under your protective gear, but I'll leave it at they both have their advantages and disadvantages.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have additional questions about the REV'IT! collection, as I am very familiar with their product line.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Thanks for the response, Ali.

I'm actually looking for something with a liner for spring/fall and mesh for summer riding so Tornado would be a better fit for me than Airflow, which is just summer jacket.

What I wanted to know is if I needed a separate rain gear instead of Tornado's liner for summer rainy days.

Thanks a lot,
Suter
Old 03-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #791
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suter View Post
Thanks for the response, Ali.

I'm actually looking for something with a liner for spring/fall and mesh for summer riding so Tornado would be a better fit for me than Airflow, which is just summer jacket.

What I wanted to know is if I needed a separate rain gear instead of Tornado's liner for summer rainy days.

Thanks a lot,
Suter
Hey Suter,

I think for the hottest days of rain, you might be more comfortable in a waterproof layer that's not insulated. If you are already sold on the Tornado set up, I might suggest trying it before you invest in additional gear. You might find that the liners work fine for you. Again, movement makes a big difference where even the best of gear in stop and go traffic can be miserable, but with at least 20mph of airflow, the difference is huge. It's true the new REV'IT! Airwave does not come with any liners and would not be suitable for Spring / Fall riding.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 03-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #792
Suter
Adventurer

Quote:
Hey Suter,

I think for the hottest days of rain, you might be more comfortable in a waterproof layer that's not insulated. If you are already sold on the Tornado set up, I might suggest trying it before you invest in additional gear. You might find that the liners work fine for you. Again, movement makes a big difference where even the best of gear in stop and go traffic can be miserable, but with at least 20mph of airflow, the difference is huge. It's true the new REV'IT! Airwave does not come with any liners and would not be suitable for Spring / Fall riding.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Great. Thanks, Ali!

Yeah, I'm not planning to ride with liner in in the summer. It would be just for emergencies in case of unexpected rain.

Suter
Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #793
JBMorse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Rev'it Tornado Liner: another question

Can I add a part to the previous question about Rev'it liners? I am considering a Rev'it Tornado pant for three season riding. The waterproof liner will be great in the spring and fall but I will use the pants for commuting to work, and therefore will be wearing slacks or jeans under the pants. Will this work with the liners in or will it be too tight in there? Mind you, I am pretty thin and my legs are rather skinny.
I was almost sold on Olympia Ranger pants as I thought the long cut would be a great thing to consider. I am tall. But then I saw the Rev'it pants and noted that they are a more "European" cut that might fit me better.
JBMorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #794
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,451
I want to buy summer waterproof pants and I don't want to deal with a detachable liner nonsense. I understand that they will not be as cool as mesh pants and willing to accept it.
I'm looking for the following:
1. Laminated GoreTex memrane (or imitation, if it can be waterproof/ breathable)
2. Good ventilation
3. Not too loose fit- I don't need overpants.
I watched a lot videos and read reviews, but still couldn't get a clear picture in my head. Or maybe such pants don't exist.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #795
chromenomad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Is there a pant that is similar to the Defender GTX but without the liners?

I want a skin-fitting pant, but I use my own thermal liner (heated) for the inside, and my own rain covers for the outside.

I don't want a full mesh summer pant, either. (I like the Defender's vented sections on the thighs that can be opened; that's perfect)

I had a Defender pant that I sold because it was too big, but I don't want to pay for another one in the right size, as I don't want to use the built-in thermal and rain liners and it seems silly to pay that amount for stuff that will just sit in the closet..

thoughts?