User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 178 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #1831
dorkpunch
Oops...

Oddometer: 4,939
Nah... that was due to an inattentive driver about a month ago... Got rear ended. New parts are on the way. Sure looks like a mess though, eh? Gotta plug my grip heaters back in and get all those wires out of the way.

"I've been going to this high school for SEVEN YEARS. I'm no dummy!"
-Charles De Mar.
dorkpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #1832
FatherX
Java Man

Oddometer: 4,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkpunch View Post
Nah... that was due to an inattentive driver about a month ago... Got rear ended. New parts are on the way. Sure looks like a mess though, eh? Gotta plug my grip heaters back in and get all those wires out of the way.

that was my next "observation"....

I dig this thread.

Your Liar's Club items are a great addition.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #1833
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by subvet View Post
I think the insulated doors are only about $30 more and you can take the cost as an energy-saving credit. (unless that's expired now) I did this a few years ago when I could no longer find parts for the 1-piece doors I had on my garage. I put the insulated Clopay doors on both holes, upgraded the around-the-door seals and the difference is significant if you are working in the garage in cold weather. My garage is under the kitchen..have not seen a huge difference in my heating bills since but there has been a noticable-significant difference.

I cant tell if your flooring is vinyl or paint. Either way...it looks nice. Good job on the renovation!! I have a garage spruce-up on my list but the wife wants new bathrooms first. Go figure
Yeah, the door came with the house, so now I have to pay at least $40 to insulate them with foam sheet. Not bad since the garage was built as an incentive to buy the house, and it worked. The house is new, so no updating needed (yet) for that.

The floor is VCT (Vynle Composition Tile). Basically solid 1/8" thick industrial grade tile like you would see in a mall or big box store. Very tough!

Thanks,

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #1834
dorkpunch
Oops...

Not so much as made but more sorta assembled.... Whats if for?

-Charles De Mar.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #1835
FatherX
Java Man

Quote:

Webinar "exams" ?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #1836
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,172
Quote:

You're making a documentary about paint drying and need a time lapse video of the act.

Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #1837
dorkpunch
Oops...

Getting closer...

-Charles De Mar.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #1838
sh0rtlife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 796
either for filming or pic taking ..only reason i could ever see needing dual bulbs like that....its for killing shadows
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #1839
dorkpunch
Oops...

Truth be told, I didn't need the lights at all, just the arm the light was attached too. Its a "document camera". I can point it straight down at my desk so I can draw, leather tool, layout, take apart, or whatever; and have it projected up on the screen instead of having 22 (soon to be 28. ) students trying to stand around me and see whats going on.

Camera's pointed at the table, showing the image on my computer screen, which is attached to the projector. Kind of a big mess... Last day of the Tri and we were cleaning shop.

PLUS! I can record things for how-to's, and hopefully save myself from having to repeat things over. and over. and over. Hopin to free up some time for a little more one-on-one time with the students that need it most. Todays test:

Camera was like $7 shipped from amazon- 5 megapixel and it can get right in close to just about anything. Sorta wish I had gotten a wide angle, maybe next year. Light was the most expensive part- it was about $80 on amazon, and I also needed a USB extension and a poop-load of zipties.

Did I mention I can also use it as a security camera to keep an eye on the kids that always think they can get away with stuff behind my back?

-Charles De Mar.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #1840
sh0rtlife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 796
well thats one hell of a camera mount aka tripod of sorts ...and to think ive wired em from the ceiling for stuff like that in the past LOL
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:45 AM   #1841
FatherX
Java Man

Quote:
Truth be told, I didn't need the lights at all, just the arm the light was attached too. Its a "document camera". I can point it straight down at my desk so I can draw, leather tool, layout, take apart, or whatever; and have it projected up on the screen instead of having 22 (soon to be 28. ) students trying to stand around me and see whats going on.

Camera's pointed at the table, showing the image on my computer screen, which is attached to the projector. Kind of a big mess... Last day of the Tri and we were cleaning shop.

PLUS! I can record things for how-to's, and hopefully save myself from having to repeat things over. and over. and over. Hopin to free up some time for a little more one-on-one time with the students that need it most. Todays test:

Camera was like $7 shipped from amazon- 5 megapixel and it can get right in close to just about anything. Sorta wish I had gotten a wide angle, maybe next year. Light was the most expensive part- it was about $80 on amazon, and I also needed a USB extension and a poop-load of zipties.

Did I mention I can also use it as a security camera to keep an eye on the kids that always think they can get away with stuff behind my back?

That's great. I can see it now, Little Tommy is passing notes (or whatever the modern hoodlum does these days) and he looks up to see the slow mo instant replay om the Dork-a-Tron... Busted!!

You'll be hearing from his lawyer

I've implemented a similar device to keep tabs on my personal circus (ours has infrared and sound ). Pretty funny stuff sometimes.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #1842
dorkpunch
Oops...

Don't remember if I ever posted pics of this, cause its not really done. Almost there.

Still need to clean up some of the weld warts from patching burn throughs, but the hard part is DONE. Also need to weld a couple of hangers on. Its just ziptied roughly in place for now.

It will sit about an inch and half higher than in this pic.

-Charles De Mar.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #1843
Joz
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 1,803
Problem: my daughter loves to splash her TS185 through water. Without a proper air box, the slip-on air filter gets soaked and stalls the engine.

I have the original air box but it looks like a total pain to service the air filter and it requires replacement of the rubber boot between the carb and air box.

I'm cheap.

Solution:

Don't know if it works yet. Hopefully it will flow enough air but repel all but a full-on drowning. We'll see....

"Get on with living or get on with dying" Paul Rodden 71 years old
Diesel RV build

Joz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #1844
beyondhelp
likes cheese too.

Oddometer: 513
Wish I had thought of that way back when on my F-11 250. Same issue. The unobtanium rubber boot for the filter was shot. Burned up a piston running it too lean with a foam filter.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #1845
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz View Post
Problem: my daughter loves to splash her TS185 through water. Without a proper air box, the slip-on air filter gets soaked and stalls the engine.

I have the original air box but it looks like a total pain to service the air filter and it requires replacement of the rubber boot between the carb and air box.

I'm cheap.

Solution:

Don't know if it works yet. Hopefully it will flow enough air but repel all but a full-on drowning. We'll see....
Look up Outerwears filter skins - "Outerwears Pre-filters are constructed with a woven mesh that is specially treated at the mill using a proprietary process to repel water." $10-20.

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: