Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #1216
Joker_-_
2002 BMW R1150GSA

Oddometer: 70
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic578 View Post
If you're referring to the A0303 that has a 3.5mm earbud jack, don't expect to get much power out of those. Earbuds take very little power compared to speakers, and that device is designed for earbuds (64 ohm inline resistors used).

If you want to up the speaker level, just replace the ones that are provided, maybe with slightly lower impedance to get more power.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes?
I meant to say headphones. Bigger, better headphones with more bass. Altho a 20 watts amp might be great for a helmet subwoofer

Roads
? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
Joker_-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #1217
PhotoBiker
Please insert title here

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_-_ View Post
I meant to say headphones. Bigger, better headphones with more bass. Altho a 20 watts amp might be great for a helmet subwoofer
OK, thanks for clearing that up, my first thoughts were something like this:

'06 Ninja 250
Check out my Gallery
PhotoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #1218
PhotoBiker
Please insert title here

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibby View Post
I took a leap of faith and I think Sena did good.

First off, I'm a Mac guy. Someone mentioned there was a Mac version of the firmware manager here-

http://www.senabluetooth.com/downloa...etoothmanager/

So I poked around and found it. (Sorry I don't remember which one it is in the list). I had no problem installing it but I did run disk utilities after installing it just in case.

I'm very happy that Sena saw it worthwhile to make a Mac version of the manager software. It was a pain to find someone who would let me use their PC to upgrade the firmware.

I downloaded version 4.0 from the same list and loaded it on the unit via the manager. The prompts from the manager are simple to follow.

I removed the Sena BT profile from my Garmin Zumo 550 and repaired the two with the new firmware. You know it's the new one since V4.0 is noted in the profile on the 550.

With the old V3.2 I had on the Sena, I could only connect my iPhone 4 to the Zumo for the use of the phone and hear the GPS prompts. I could not pair the iPhone to the Zumo and the Sena simultaneously. Thus I could not play music from the iPhone. I had resorted to plugging my iPod into the clamp of the Sena and running a cord to a pocket. I then controlled the iPod with an ijet controller mounted of my bar.

Version 4.0 allows me to connect the iPhone to both the Zumo and the iPhone simultaneously and the Sena breaks up the connection into Headset to the Zumo and Media from the iPhone. The Sena now has voice prompts as it connects, announcing which type of pairing it has made.

I am stoked that I can now listen to my music without having to connect my iPod or pairing another BT devise.

Thanks towpro for posting the list of upgrades.

So, If you're a Mac guy and/or want to do the upgrade now, consider it beta tested.

YMMV,

Jibby
This sounds promising as I am a Mac guy too.

Quote:
Version 4.0 allows me to connect the iPhone to both the Zumo and the iPhone simultaneously and the Sena breaks up the connection into Headset to the Zumo and Media from the iPhone.
Did you mean the iPhone to the Zumo and the SM10?
'06 Ninja 250
Check out my Gallery
PhotoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #1219
Oregonwinger66
Oregonwinger

Oddometer: 31
...Anybody with 4.0. Do you have louder phone ringer volume? With 3.3, I can barely hear them.
...And, with the alternative "earbud", the volume is really sufficient for large drivers like my Koss titaniums. Very, very good bass, and volume is enough whilst wearing earplugs, altho, It may not be at 80mph. Haven't tried that speed yet. Bear in mind, the #1 rule; - - - it is sooo important to have any driver as close to ear canal as possible. The further away, the bigger the bass loss, exponentially.
Oregonwinger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #1220
Jibby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoBiker View Post
This sounds promising as I am a Mac guy too.

Did you mean the iPhone to the Zumo and the SM10?
Yes, that's what I meant.

After playing around with the setup a bit more, I have noticed that the Sena needs to be the last thing powered up. My Zumo and iPhone need to pair up first, otherwise the Sena continuously connects and disconnects from the Zumo. If I start the Sena last, all is well.

Jibby
Jibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #1221
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
How exactly did you pair the three devices? Zumo to phone and then Sena to phone or the Zumo?
Bobonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #1222
Jibby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post
How exactly did you pair the three devices? Zumo to phone and then Sena to phone or the Zumo?
With the 4.0 firmware upgrade, you can now pair the Sena to both the Zumo and the iPhone at the same time. The Sena now can see that the iPhone is using the Zumo for the headset profile so it then connects to the iPhone only in the AVRCP. This lets me play and control both my music library and Pandora.

The Sena now has voice prompts that announce that it has connected in two different ways. It says, 'connected to headset" and "connected to media". Or something to that effect.
Jibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #1223
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,634
Quote:

So I poked around and found it. (Sorry I don't remember which one it is in the list). I had no problem installing it but I did run disk utilities after installing it just in case.

Thanks towpro for posting the list of upgrades.

Jibby
No problem. I work in Information Security. My job is to find ways to "get to data" as part of protecting it.
Most companies would click that box on the web server that says "do not allow directory browsing" .
By allowing directory browsing, I can only assume they want us to see that data

Have fun
Old 02-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #1224
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

Proceed with caution, Mac users. I downloaded the Mac version of the device manager and it was clunky and failed. The app tried to connect to the SMH-10, asked for root level access and then lost the connection. I could not get it to connect again, even after restarting the computer. The Quit command did not work either. I had to force quit.

I tried v4.0 install on a pc and it too did not go without a hitch. At the end it asks you to press and hold the jog dial and phone buttons until a pop up message disappears. My message never disappeared after several minutes of holding the buttons. I re-connected and it indicated v4.0 installation.

I hope my experience is atypical but I wonder if these are not quite ready for release.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #1225
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post

I tried v4.0 install on a pc and it too did not go without a hitch. At the end it asks you to press and hold the jog dial and phone buttons until a pop up message disappears. My message never disappeared after several minutes of holding the buttons. I re-connected and it indicated v4.0 installation.

I hope my experience is atypical but I wonder if these are not quite ready for release.
I think I have seen this one before on Windows XP on an Eee machine. I can't even get any of them to run on my Dell 5110 with intel I5 and windoze 7 64 bit.

But still, looking forward to trying version 4.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #1226
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by towpro View Post
I think I have seen this one before on Windows XP on an Eee machine. I can't even get any of them to run on my Dell 5110 with intel I5 and windoze 7 64 bit.

But still, looking forward to trying version 4.
I am using an older Dell Inspiron. I think the upgrade was successful. I was able to pair to the Iphone, and will try the Zumo in the morning. It might be my imagination because it's late in the day, but the phone volume was noticeably lower than the music when I tested through the SMH-10.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #1227
mikeegee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Brilliant. Followed the link to the secret Sena software and downloaded the Mac manager and the 4.0 image.

Tried to upgrade using the Mac software but it would not recognize my

Downloaded the x64 version and booted up a virtual Win7 and it upgraded no problem. Went from v3.0 to v4.0.

Might be warm enough to ride tomorrow, so I'll check it out then.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #1228
mikeegee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Bobonli,

Yeah, I had that "hold the jog dial and phone buttons" thing happen to me to.

When I restarted the program it said it had upgraded to the latest version of the software, so here's to hoping all went well...
Old 02-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #1229
Oregonwinger66
Oregonwinger

Oddometer: 31
So, has anyone noticed a louder phone ring tone with 4.0?
Oregonwinger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #1230
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

I tested v4. this morning. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it is wonky. I got to the point where I got my Iphone's music through the Sena and the Zumo's directions through the Sena simultaneously. The connection is what I'd call "shaky." The music does not consistently return after the nav instructions play. And there's a fair amount of crackling noise as the unit goes from phone to GPS.

Biggest problem is the phone. Two out of three incoming calls did not trigger the ringer; music kept playing, the "incoming call" message flashed and disappeared on the Zumo's screen. Third incoming call connected but music did not resume once the call terminated. Same with an outgoing call: touching jog dial to hang up terminated the call but music did not resume.

The music cuts in and out, even with just the navigator active. It's like it is losing the connection and re-establishing it. Yes, there are voice prompts = Hello, Phone Connected, Media Connected. Did not get one for the GPS.

Having said all that, it's possible I did not pair correctly. Here is what I did:

1) Zumo and Iphone paired such that the Iphone is listed under the Zumo's "Phone" BT screen
2) Iphone and Sena paired. My Iphone reflects Sena v4.0
3) Sena and Zumo paired such that the Sena is listed under "Audio" on the Zumo's BT screen. Following an earlier poster's suggestion, I turned on the GPS and phone first, then the Sena
4) My Iphone shows pairing to both the Sena and Zumo.

I have a feeling the pairing is incorrect. Not sure. We want the Sena to get input from both devices and I suppose we want the phone and GPS paired so you can work the phone from the GPS screen....right?

Any thoughts?