Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #61
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
Maxpedition Micro...http://youtu.be/pdUtC1FnHO0

Holds 10 cc cards, dl and cash. All of which I previously had in a leather trucker's wallet.

I've been use'n one for 3 years,great smiple wallet.

Hasn't even lost a thread.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #62
wncbmw
nOOb in post count only

Oddometer: 68
I use this money clip/wallet in the front pocket. Carries and wears well.

http://www.hartmann.com/shop/productDetail-sku-724

No rear wallet in years. I shop for pants with at least one extra pocket so I can carry the phone in one pocket by itself, wallet in another and the knife and keys in another.

Fortunately, my small leatherman fits in the watch pocket of my jeans when I don't have the extra pocket option. I hate a cell phone on my belt.

Edited to add that I like the Big Skinny nylon wallet until it blew a seam after a couple of months. They replaced it quickly and the new one did the same.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #63
allroadrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Damm Good Wallet

I looked in a drawer in my office I have about 10 wallets in it that I have used and moved on to others including a very expensive tumi the one I have used for the last three years is a big skinny folder DL on the outside view pocket, inside is a insurance card, sams card one credit card (visa) and one debit card and thats it, it goes in my left ft pocket, money clip in my right ft pocket along with my knife clipped to my watch pocket or to my pant pocket I don't put my keys in my pocket any more I use a carabner and hook them to a belt loop, they are a lot more accessable. I also have a big skinny card holder with my fuel cards and company debit card in it, I keep it in my laptop carry bag. my cell is on my belt or in my tank bag, when I am driving I usually lay it on the center console and use a bluetooth
Works for me
Like a lot of people I can't stand to have any thing in my back pocket, one of the techs that I used to work with was haveing back problems his doctor took away his big truckers wallet dumped the contents in a bag kept the wallet, and told him to return in two weeks, his back problems lessened quite a bit, after two months w/o his big wallet they were almost gone.
he was lost with out that big thing but his back felt better
ARR
allroadrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #64
mike884
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Anyone have any experience with the original All-Ett regular vs leather? Have the regular and I am loving the form factor, but the look is very utilitarian. Is it worth the extra $15 for leather, and is it that much thicker?
mike884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #65
Random
Quiet Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,634
Mine is the version that is leather on the outsider and fabric (nylon?) on the inside. I think they make an all leather one too. The only complaint I've had is that the credit cards and what not can slip out of their slots and fall on the floor easily. It isn't that the slots are too loose, they're slippery. I've added bulk to the wallet by putting the cards in keycard sleeves and inserting them open in first. Then I put often used cards on either side. Upper left in back is my debit card. Upper left in front, DL. Lower left back, Speedway reward card & in front Kroger reward card.

I bet the all leather holds the cards better. As for bulk, if I could get ride of the card sleeves, it would probably be the same as I have now which isn't bad.
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #66
freeflow
get in or go in

Oddometer: 15,055
I went thru many foolish wallets in my youth......then in college in 1986 I bought a scully pigskin tri.....before I graduated I bought another from this leather place on State Street in madison. one of them wore out, so I put the other into service about 15 yrs ago...still going strong... a Scully buffalo calf leather ...the pigskin lining ont he other was nice...

http://www.scullyleather.com/catalog...DIV=SCU&CAT=WT

one of those products, buy it and don;t look back...disclaimer..I haven't bought any of their products in the last 25 years ..so YMMV
freeflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #67
Holden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,431
My most recent wallet. (you need na iphone ti make it work)

I like that its all in one.

Twelve South
"Now I listen to my sweetheart and I listen to my thirst. I don't spend time listening to other peoples words. Sometimes they're right most times the reverse. They say the best is for the best when the best's for the worse" - Josh Ritter
Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #68
Laromonster
Vesperado !

Oddometer: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post

Twelve South
Dunno bout that, goona look fuckin retarded answering a call with all your plastic flapping about your face.

'91 Vespa PX 200E "Lusso"
'05 KTM 640 ADV "Fatman"
'99 HD FLHRCI "Leviathan"
Laromonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #69
clevishook
stevedore

Oddometer: 1,474
Took wifey to a Coach store to look at purses several years ago. I noticed a man's wallet so I took a closer look. Nice appearance but when I saw the price I figured it better come with a $ 100.00 bill already in it.
clevishook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #70
mngl1500
[]

Oddometer: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike884 View Post
Anyone have any experience with the original All-Ett regular vs leather? Have the regular and I am loving the form factor, but the look is very utilitarian. Is it worth the extra $15 for leather, and is it that much thicker?
I had a regular All-ett. It lasted 3 years than the corners went to crap on it from rubbing and normal wear.
mngl1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #71
DrZrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
http://www.granitegearstore.com/Hike...et-P117C5.aspx

I've had this "hiker wallet" for almost 4 years now, looks new. It's a complete PITA to use, but it forces me to carry a minimum amount of stuff and I never worry about anything falling out. The worse part is the opening is a fraction smaller than a credit card. I love it except when I actually have to use it.
DrZrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #72
~DC~
An Internet Legend

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post

Twelve South

How do you keep it from erasing the magnetic strip on your credit/debit cards?
~DC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #73
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laromonster View Post
Dunno bout that, goona look fuckin retarded answering a call with all your plastic flapping about your face.
You just fold it back on itself. I've got one and while I like it, it's not my main wallet. If I'm going someplace for the day and I know what I'll need I grab it and go. For day to day though I end up needed more than this wallet/case can hold.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #74
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DC~ View Post
How do you keep it from erasing the magnetic strip on your credit/debit cards?
Never had a problem. How would this wallet be any different than having a normal wallet and phone next to each other in a jacket?
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #75
hgulledge
Adventurer-of-sorts

Oddometer: 1,265
The one I use. Compact, a few credit cards and ID and strong money clip. Appears to be indestructible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: