ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 04:12 AM   #1096
Bloodweiser OP
honestly
 
Bloodweiser's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: way over yonder in the minor key
Oddometer: 2,537




Bloodweiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #1097
d2wing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Oddometer: 446
Just got a 06 1200L, can't wait for temps to get up to 50's or so.
d2wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #1098
merc16
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: West Blocton,Alabama
Oddometer: 249
Bloodweiser, I seen that movie, Bed Time Stories with Adam Sandler. That was a good scene with them on the Sportster. That was the "Evel Knievel" scene. Pooor Sporty met a bad end though. Movie was a decent family one.
merc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #1099
johns
Studly Adventurer
 
johns's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Frozenlands, Netherlands
Oddometer: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbjumper View Post
Will you please stop posting porn?

(just kidding, more!)
johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #1100
bowlingballhead
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: North Shore, Lake Superior, MN
Oddometer: 30
Any thoughts on this deal? 2008 Nightster with pretty much all the stuff I would do to one if I bought one new: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...805518732.html

Trouble is, I'm way up north and wouldn't be able to go down to get it and ride it back until late April or so, but if it's still there, I'm definitely gonna find a way to snag it.

Oh, hit the Harley shop in Duluth the other day and they had both flat black and sparkly red '72s... absolutely beautilful! Mini-apes not too high at all. Only problem is gas tank = 2.1 gallons, but hey, it's a great looking cruiser, not a tourer, right?
bowlingballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #1101
d2wing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Oddometer: 446
Looks like a good deal to me, rent a trailer and get it. There is a lot of money and labor in those upgrades. You can pick up a bigger tank later.
d2wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #1102
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
DAKEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: U-gene, OR.
Oddometer: 19,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingballhead View Post
Any thoughts on this deal? 2008 Nightster with pretty much all the stuff I would do to one if I bought one new: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...805518732.html
The price is prety good.

If you get it, see if you can swap the seat out with an Iron 883. It is a more comfortable seat.
__________________
“Watch out for everything bigger than you, they have the "right of weight"
Bib
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #1103
bowlingballhead
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: North Shore, Lake Superior, MN
Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
The price is prety good.

If you get it, see if you can swap the seat out with an Iron 883. It is a more comfortable seat.
You mean swap it out for the original solo? Cause this one has the HD Badlands 2-up. With the sissy bar on there, I can throw on a 115 liter, waterproof Sealline bag, bungee it down, and go. Thanks for the reply!
bowlingballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #1104
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
DAKEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: U-gene, OR.
Oddometer: 19,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingballhead View Post
You mean swap it out for the original solo? Cause this one has the HD Badlands 2-up. With the sissy bar on there, I can throw on a 115 liter, waterproof Sealline bag, bungee it down, and go. Thanks for the reply!
The Badlands should be good. It was just the stock seat I was making reference to about replacing. (It has too little padding to the front and far to much to the rear)
__________________
“Watch out for everything bigger than you, they have the "right of weight"
Bib
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #1105
kraven
Hegelian Scum
 
kraven's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Oddometer: 4,714
Sportster cafe build by Red Max in the UK.
Love this bike.
_MG_5140

Would be a lot of fun on the Blue Ridge Parkway without even breaking the speed limit.
__________________
So there I was walking into a biker bar in Chattanooga with liberty spikes on my head and a drag queen beside me... - bcurvin
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #1106
MisterPX
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: SE WI
Oddometer: 143
Not as cool as some of the others posted, but it's paid for.

MisterPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #1107
NC Scott
MOmymamamamaMOmymama
 
NC Scott's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Oddometer: 1,497
This one belongs to Jesse James. Maybe he will post some more pics of it.
__________________
Caution: NO DISCLAIMER!
NC Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #1108
bearcat1
Gnarly Adventurer
 
bearcat1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPX View Post
Not as cool as some of the others posted, but it's paid for.


Nice!
bearcat1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #1109
IRideASlowBike
Beastly Adventurer
 
IRideASlowBike's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: SE PA
Oddometer: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbiker View Post
Meh. They are a blast on dirt roads. I wanna take my Connie off the pavement but I've got to convince myself to buy the $200 crash bars first--they are fragile bikes, unlike the XL.

Even with the crash bars, I wouldn't want to drop a Concours hard. The crash bars screw into where the engine mounting bolts are. Fucking something up there in a drop would be a bad time indeed. For parking lot-type drops, what I did was get some pipe insulation from Home Depot (1" diameter) and wrapped the crash bars with it for some extra shock absorption, so that the impact doesn't break any bolts or more expensive parts. The insulation sticks to itself but I used zip ties also.

Concours is scary off pavement. Top-heavy 700lb 4-cylinder bike with rattling plastics kind of eliminates any fun.
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:31 AM   #1110
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers
 
AZbiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, in the Arcadia area
Oddometer: 6,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
Even with the crash bars, I wouldn't want to drop a Concours hard. The crash bars screw into where the engine mounting bolts are. Fucking something up there in a drop would be a bad time indeed. For parking lot-type drops, what I did was get some pipe insulation from Home Depot (1" diameter) and wrapped the crash bars with it for some extra shock absorption, so that the impact doesn't break any bolts or more expensive parts. The insulation sticks to itself but I used zip ties also.

Concours is scary off pavement. Top-heavy 700lb 4-cylinder bike with rattling plastics kind of eliminates any fun.
You're right. I can't wait 'till I can 86 this turd...
__________________
rubber side down,

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014