Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #16
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,144
37 mpg wouldn't surprise me. Our 2010 with a 6 speed manual gets 33 pretty consistently on the highway. It has been a nearly flawless car.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #17
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 8,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
37 mpg wouldn't surprise me. Our 2010 with a 6 speed manual gets 33 pretty consistently on the highway. It has been a nearly flawless car.
I qualify for double upgrades when picking up car rentals but I stick with the Fusion, if offered.

Unless offered the 300 with the big v8. For some reason, love that car.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #18
nskitts OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,076
I actually expected some shit from the Japanese fan boys...hell I used to be a Honda man having owned several, my next door neighbor has a new camry and I thought it was just me that thought it was ugly. Plus, I have a Ford dealer five miles from my house. I live in a pretty rural area so that says a lot. The nearest Honda dealer is 35 miles..Subaru 50 miles Chevy 30 miles(!)...and VW?..hell I would get ran outta town! Honestly I grew up a ford man as thats all my dad would own. I even have some roller rockers for a 460 over in FM right now for sale..but I never thought I would ever go back to ford as they fell so far behind with the rest of the domestics. But, I am actually thinkin Ford is back. As far as the four cylinder being down on power at 237 HP, I can remember when we all thought the 5.0 mustangs were the shit with 225 horsepower back in the early nineties.

nskitts screwed with this post 03-03-2012 at 08:37 PM
nskitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
Fleece Johnson
Husky Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
As far as the four cylinder being down on power at 237 HP, I can remember when we all thought the 5.0 mustangs were the shit with 225 horsepower back in the early nineties.
HAHA! I had an '84 5.0 convertible in High School. I thought that thing was a rocketship!

I guess I'm overstating when I said down on power. The new Camry and Accord have ~270 HP V6's. They are both rated at 30 mpg hwy. But I'll take an extra 10 mpg over 40 more HP. Like you said... 237 is hardly anemic
Fleece Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #20
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,166
I've worked in the car biz for years and to be honest when th fusion came out I was expecting many troubles because it was all new. The steering actually scared me electric reallly. But it works and it works very well. If I was a new famially man and needed a new car I would also give a look to the new Escape.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #21
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 3,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleece Johnson View Post
HAHA! I had an '84 5.0 convertible in High School. I thought that thing was a rocketship!

I guess I'm overstating when I said down on power. The new Camry and Accord have ~270 HP V6's. They are both rated at 30 mpg hwy. But I'll take an extra 10 mpg over 40 more HP. Like you said... 237 is hardly anemic
237 is better than my WRX puts out stock. I wonder if the HP inflation will ever plateau. I sure wish my WRX got 37mpg rather than 25, so ford seems to know what it's doing with the 4 cylinder turbos these days.

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #22
mfd1719
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Could not wait to get to the Ford display at the Cleveland Auto Show to check out the new fusion. There were 2 on display. One on the turntable and one on the floor. LOCKED? How could this be! Could not even get inside the thing. Come on ford I just finished sitting in a 2012 corvette convertible and a $112,000 benz! That being said the fusion looked better in person than on line and will be waiting for it at the dealerships. Nice lines and good power/fuel economy. Ford is stepping it up.
mfd1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #23
mitroutbum
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Fusion

Test drive the Fusion before buying the Camry or Accord. The quality and driving characteristics are superior. If you like performance, the ecoboost option is sweet. Honestly, the car is a winner, I get a new car every year, had the Fusion sport and loved it.
mitroutbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #24
josjor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
As far as the four cylinder being down on power at 237 HP, I can remember when we all thought the 5.0 mustangs were the shit with 225 horsepower back in the early nineties.
I would agree that it's pretty much a race for numbers. My first vehicle was a 76 Dodge Aspen with a straight six that I think was rated at 95hp. Second car was an '82 Thunderbird with the 3.8 V6. 118bhp. That's 2hp more than the '86 Concours I had at the time.

I think my '01 F150 V8 is rated at 260hp. It's a much heavier and air draggy vehicle and has no problem getting down the road at 80mph.
listen mister, we didnt evolve porcelin shitters just so we could squat to take a shit, like monkeys.
josjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
A-Bone
Indubitably

Oddometer: 12,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
I've worked in the car biz for years and to be honest when th fusion came out I was expecting many troubles because it was all new. The steering actually scared me electric reallly. But it works and it works very well. If I was a new famially man and needed a new car I would also give a look to the new Escape.

Holy X3/Rav4/Sorento/CRV Batman...

That's actually not bad looking at all though...

We have three 2009 Escape AWD with the 4 banger in our fleet... they have been VERY reliable... and average a shocking 25-27mpg in mixed driving... They were just under $20k too...
A-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #26
HighAlpineDrifter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 25,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post

They say these are supposed to be available this spring. I'll be looking for a new car when I get back to SF at the end of March and really like these (they are currently branded as the Kuga here in Europe) I remember reading something once about how Ford wasn't going to bring the Kuga to the US but I'm glad to see that they changed their minds.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #27
Dave
Huh?

Oddometer: 2,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
As these threads wouldn't have any form without contrariness - may I respectfully suggest

p.s. The resemblance to an Aston Martin is like comparing Sandra Bernhard with Angelina Jollie on account both woman have large grills
The CC is a fine looking car, but I sat in one at a car show last year. I'm only 5'8", and getting into the back seat, I whacked my head on the roof arch. It's so short back there, it negates the idea of a back seat. Seriously, a Porsche 911 has better headroom in back.

Nice idea, but form has trounced function.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #28
CA_Strom
Cunning Linguist

Oddometer: 2,171
My company has about 3,000 ford few-zens in the co. car fleet, and they've been great cars. I have 42k on my 2011 now, and it's been flawless. Not my choice to drive it, but given free gas, maint./insurance, I"ll take it. I should be right at the 60k mi. replacement mark when the 2013's come around.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #29
cirrus365
beaned

Oddometer: 270
Go for the new fusion with the ecoboost I-4. I have driven the 2012 Camry and was not impressed with the performance. Its still the bland camry of the past.. The new 300c is impressive compared to the old one, though.
cirrus365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #30
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat

Oddometer: 5,944
I spoke with the car's designer at the Detroit Autoshow. After noting that they ripped off Aston's front end, he said 'well, it's its own thing.'

Nah. You ripped it off. It looks good, I admit. But ya ripped it off.

I did hear a rumor that Aston Martin was suing over the similarities but that must have only been rumor.

1996 M900, "Patience" 2012 GS "Sonar" 2008 Megamoto "Big Blue" 2008 S2R "WTF"
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: