Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #14956
davidpweis
Daydream Believer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStorm View Post
Finished editing and uploaded...

I kinda wonder how it'd look from the other side of the bike, where you can see the other pipes too......
Nice.

Can you post an image of where you placed the camera? Also, next time, it be great if you can level the camera rather than have it leaned out to one side...

:-)
davidpweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #14957
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpweis View Post
Nice.

Can you post an image of where you placed the camera? Also, next time, it be great if you can level the camera rather than have it leaned out to one side...

:-)
Yeah, I know the camera tilt is a little annoying. I had it leveled when the bike was still on it's side stand. Tilt the bike upright, and voila! Tilted video!! Just something for me to remember when I'm setting it up again next time.

Here's some pictures showing the setup:

Camera on a tripod mount and a 14" extension rod.

Mounting point, on the triangular bracket holding the passenger peg.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #14958
sark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Hello guys,

Just got some new pipes and an AI removal kit. The pipes seem pretty free-flowing as I can see daylight through them. Is there a standard go-to carburetor set-up (jets and air screws) that I should use, or should I bring it to a professional to be adjusted? I guess if there's a standard carburetor set-up for an aftermarket exhaust then I could easily do it myself, otherwise I'd bring it to a pro who knows how to get an ideal mixture.

On a side note, can anyone in the north east (NY specifically) suggest a good triumph mechanic? Thanks for any suggestions.
sark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:19 AM   #14959
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by vite View Post
Yes, comstar wheels from honda cb bold'or ....japanese scrambler
Zdravo & congratulations! I regulary checked your "works in progress" in the garrage and I have to say again: Lubisha is a genius. Perfect work. I saw your bike last week near the petrol station and was just sorry I couldn´t hear the sound of thunder. And speaking about japanese Scrambler - your Xhaust reminds me a bit Yoshimura BTW have you solved the carburetors issues? How is it going?
I was out with my bike this weekend, still a lot of water & sand on the roads around the city, but I enjoyed riding downtown.....

BTW: Are U satistfied with those Dunlops? I am seriuosly cosidering them for the "tarmac" future.Realy nice pattern
Old 03-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #14960
chassmash
Banned

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by sark View Post
Hello guys,

Just got some new pipes and an AI removal kit. The pipes seem pretty free-flowing as I can see daylight through them. Is there a standard go-to carburetor set-up (jets and air screws) that I should use, or should I bring it to a professional to be adjusted? I guess if there's a standard carburetor set-up for an aftermarket exhaust then I could easily do it myself, otherwise I'd bring it to a pro who knows how to get an ideal mixture.

On a side note, can anyone in the north east (NY specifically) suggest a good triumph mechanic? Thanks for any suggestions.
Try Rockwell Cycles- they are excellent
chassmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #14961
vite
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcen View Post
Zdravo & congratulations! I regulary checked your "works in progress" in the garrage and I have to say again: Lubisha is a genius. Perfect work. I saw your bike last week near the petrol station and was just sorry I couldn´t hear the sound of thunder. And speaking about japanese Scrambler - your Xhaust reminds me a bit Yoshimura BTW have you solved the carburetors issues? How is it going?
I was out with my bike this weekend, still a lot of water & sand on the roads around the city, but I enjoyed riding downtown.....

BTW: Are U satistfied with those Dunlops? I am seriuosly cosidering them for the "tarmac" future.Realy nice pattern
eeej Hi Milan (neighboor) :) Zdravo &Thanks,the sound now is simular with your bike what is great and i like it,now it sound like 900cc compeared from before,actualy i dont have carb problem because xhaust was damage insight and one cilinder didn't work correctly but now everyting its ok,Dunlops are ok for first impression,i drive then only 10 km or less but rear tyre look little slim (visual) but very good response in corner,sorry that dunlop didn't make wider size for rear.Thank to Ljubisha now i have new toy to play with, till next project....

Regards
vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #14962
sandsquirt
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Wow!! I can't believe that I read the whole thing. It grew a few pages while I was coming along. It's probably going to hit 1000 pages today.

Joe883. I saw this a little while back and was thinking about this set-up with a TW200 for my kayak. I don't think a scooter would work for very long. I ended up here thinking scrambler because I would like a hack on the hi-way from time to time. Plus, a scrambler just has the cool factor.

Take a look. http://www.oceankayak.com/fishing/bl...ide_kayak_car/
sandsquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #14963
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
1000 pages coming soon, maybe today! To the uninitiated it must be hard to fathom that a bike so apparently as ordinary as the humble Triumph Scrambler could generate such passion amongst the true believers! I mean, there are many way-more exotic dual-sports that have been around for years longer (2003 in the case of the first KTM 950) and many more, no forgeting to mention the Bavarian Boxers, but the Scrambler seems to press all the right buttons among so many riders.

How often do we read posts from a current rider of the latest you-beaut dual-sport who wants to line up with us here and buy a Scram! Happens all the time so what is it about the Scrambler that riders find so endearing? That my friends is a hard one to answer in the collective so I can only speak for myself as the owner of a motorcycle rental company that has many bikes at my disposal to ride when ever I want or more correctly, when time permits. I own and have ridden most of the big sellers in this field including the BM's, KTM's and the incredible Tiger 800 which I would take the for a ride anyday before I lifted the keys for the R1200GS's and V-Stroms that we also own. But as good as the Tiger 800 is it still does not give me that inner glow I get from the Scrambler! Maybe the new Triumph 1200 Explorer will be the bike to cause a change in allegences but as good as this bike will also be, I still doubt it!

So my friends, I feel inadaquate because I cannot really tell you in definative measureable terms why the Scram is such a buzz to ride and own but I will leave you with a small montage of images that explain the many ways and purposes that you can put this bike to. All images of course are of the same motorcycle but in different stages of development. Maybe it is because in whatever form the Scram is presented there are always people who roll up wanting to talk about the bike, take some pics, reminiss about their old Triumph and just express their appreciation of your work. I often tell people that I ride Triumphs because they are not Jappers and they are not Harley's. Nuff said!

Lakeside Raceway, Brisbane Qld with my father-in-law, John. I have now "retired" the Scram from the track and put it back into road trim as per the first photo in this series. I feel very satisfied of the service this bike has provided, the fun it has given me and the total reliability of the bike but my biggest satisfaction is that not once has the bike been crashed either on the track or in the mud. Obviously I never rode it hard enough!

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Grizzlybear screwed with this post 03-05-2012 at 06:56 PM
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #14964
JAWS134
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
I cant wait to pick mine up on Friday!! Here she is in the showroom.

JAWS134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #14965
MightyChosen1
I wanna be sedated

Oddometer: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS134 View Post
I cant wait to pick mine up on Friday!! Here she is in the showroom.

Cool, Can you still get a Scrambler with shiny paint? I thought they were only available in matte colors now?
Old 03-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #14966
KSTriple
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
This is my first post in this thread so I thought I would put a pic of my Scrambler.

This is my second Scrambler, the first was an 07 and I traded it for a Street Triple which was a great bike but I always longed for another Scrammie.

KSTriple screwed with this post 03-05-2012 at 09:03 PM
KSTriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #14967
JAWS134
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Its a 2010 left over. It was a dealer demo and has 1100 miles on it. The price was right and it still has 8 months of warranty.
JAWS134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #14968
MotoBuilder
n00b

Oddometer: 1
First Post - New Scrambler

I picked up the bike on Friday and I'm just pissed it's been so cold. I've been working on my 1977 CB 750 for the last year and had to pick something up to ride while I'm working, but 15 minutes on the scrambler is all I need to know I'll own it for the rest of my life. Wonderful ride!
MotoBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #14969
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSTriple View Post
This is my first post in this thread so I thought I would put a pic of my Scrambler.

This is my second Scrambler, the first was an 07 and I traded it for a Street Triple which was a great bike but I always longed for another Scrammie.
Nice one:-) same happened to me with the Tiger se :-)

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #14970
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBuilder View Post

I picked up the bike on Friday and I'm just pissed it's been so cold. I've been working on my 1977 CB 750 for the last year and had to pick something up to ride while I'm working, but 15 minutes on the scrambler is all I need to know I'll own it for the rest of my life. Wonderful ride!
Congratulations :-) a goood choice

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote