ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #7066
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,448
Oops sorry bout that...."Waldton"...........
oldmonkeybut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #7067
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,330
walton,,waltrip,walpork,walmart,waltzalongtheriver inthepalemoonlight,for all I give a fuck!
too many walls,,they begin to close in, intended or not. You put one up, then someone else puts one up, but it intersects yours,,Uh-oh,,well, yer wall does actually reinforce my wall,,so now it's our wall,,still a frikken wall!
So,,what is opposite of a wall?,,not fence, not gate, not ???,,
Open is not wall,, free is not wall,,freeton, freeport,(,oops, already done,),Openton, Openport (that'll get ya in trouble),,Okay,,so maybe place names ain't gonna work out,, but you still wanna avoid the whole "wall" thing,, could also go with it though,,couldn'tcha?
wall being barricade!,,think of the place name possibilities with that moniker..Uhh,,wait,,,Barricadeton,,,that sucks,,Barricadeport is contradictory.
Shit! it just won't work,,you can't be negative with walls and barricade attitude, but ya very well can't risk an open attitude either,,,MY SIMPLE SOLUTION,,
use the names the local people used,,OH!,,wait,, they are gone, as is their language.
Okay then,, it's Walmartton,,Waldmartport, walmartrus,,,,,I'm drunk,,you shutup!

but I still think 'Calapooya' sounds nicer than Fort Destruction. could be just my upbringing,,never mind me...
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #7068
peterman
cop magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
Oops sorry bout that...."Waldton"...........
waddent there a mountain there, and they made a TV show about it?

goodnight johnboy
goodnight johnboy's friend, have a nice sleep-over,,g'nite mom and dad,,and Uncle Bill, if you're still up there with them,,,g'nite little sister,,see you before mornin,,g'nite Fido,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Fido?
That damn dog run off with them sheep again!

Fido!,,you sheep pounding ,dogass, son of a bitch,,you stay away from the one with the pink ribbon!

peterman screwed with this post 03-05-2012 at 01:37 AM
Old 03-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #7069
G-Funk OP
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
It was a fine day for a little wandering. Three of us managed to throw down around 400 miles without things getting too pear shaped. We rode past quite a bit of this stuff..........

The first and last part of the day were a bit coolish....I saw a low of 43 degrees and a high of 66. V-Duck had a hidden agenda that he was keeping from us but lucky for us his timing was off by a week......

Since we missed out on the festivities we had to settle for some of this......

once we got rolling again we headed northish to the Smith River. There was plenty of water around and evidence of a lot more not very long ago.

Not long after this the plan received a bit of tweeking thanks to good old Mother Nature. We tried to go up over Oxbow but got stopped by trees and snow on the road. Next we attempted Esmond Creek but after a bit of log hopping and debris negotiation we were stopped by a large log surrounded by snow all the way across the road. We had a lot more climbing to do and knew it was only going to get worse so turn around again an hop over the logs again. unfortunately I had my hands full and didn't get any pictures in this section. I did miss a great photo op concerning a Buell and a log. We beat cheeks back to 101 and headed for home. Thanks for dragging us outside and forcing us to have a good time V-Duck.
Looks like ya'll had an awesome day! Woot! And I'm going to assume the Buell is Oregonsage's ?????? I have never seen one in person ...... some time in the future I'll have to check that out.

My, new to me, jacket will be here Weds or Thursday. I'm still surfing for pants .....

Am I going to sell my other riding gear? No. Because G-Funk is now on a diet and plans to get back into said smaller riding gear. And mind you, I'm not the size of a Walrus, but the current gear - while fitting - is not comfy.

I scored a used Kilimanjaro jacket in awesome shape for 125. I'm still looking, as I said, for pant-a-lone-us - though I may just bite the bullet and order new from cyclegear or motorcyclesuperstore.

To Link - sorry about you having the bug. Is it the stomach bug I had about 2 weeks ago?

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #7070
G-Funk OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post

goodnight johnboy
goodnight johnboy's friend, have a nice sleep-over,,g'nite mom and dad,,and Uncle Bill, if you're still up there with them,,,g'nite little sister,,see you before mornin,,g'nite Fido,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Fido?

Fido!,,you sheep pounding ,dogass, son of a bitch,,you stay away from the one with the pink ribbon!
- Peterman, I love you bro. That right there is some classic shit.

G.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #7071
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
Looks like ya'll had an awesome day! Woot! And I'm going to assume the Buell is Oregonsage's ?????? I have never seen one in person ...... some time in the future I'll have to check that out.

My, new to me, jacket will be here Weds or Thursday. I'm still surfing for pants .....

Am I going to sell my other riding gear? No. Because G-Funk is now on a diet and plans to get back into said smaller riding gear. And mind you, I'm not the size of a Walrus, but the current gear - while fitting - is not comfy.

I scored a used Kilimanjaro jacket in awesome shape for 125. I'm still looking, as I said, for pant-a-lone-us - though I may just bite the bullet and order new from cyclegear or motorcyclesuperstore.

To Link - sorry about you having the bug. Is it the stomach bug I had about 2 weeks ago?

G.
Never hurts to check the sale rack at Aerostich... I got a deal on some pants there a couple months ago. I also get stuff here http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...kets_and_pants sometimes.

Yes the BUly is mine... had it a couple months. So far it suits me. I managed to ride all day yesterday without inducing any new pains. At my age that is a miracle. Although being partially frozen may have helped.

....as OMB says, now I need some assless chaps with knee pucks.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #7072
Miguel Sanchez
Whatever...

Oddometer: 1,017
Quote:

goodnight johnboy

I want some of whatever he's on

01 GS1150, 02 WR426F, 04 XR650L, 04 315R, 04 CRF230F, 81 R100RT (S), 56 G80CS, 87 MT11, 71 TS185, 74 98SR, 74 99RT, 76 TL250, 70 MX125, 80 DR400, 80 RS175, 80 RS250, 78 XR75, 74 RD350, 70 CT70, 06 Monster 620 Dark, and about a dozen more I can't think of right now...
Miguel Sanchez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #7073
peterman
cop magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
I want some of whatever he's on
no ya don't,,trust me on this one young man.
You can't buy certified stupid, and I am not legally authorized to sell it to the public,,even though I have a lifetime ration and a couple warehouses full at last invoice!
You shoulda met my brother StevenE,, he really brought out the stupid in me!
So,,you've changed your mind, and you and the better half will be at Ludlum again,,,,I'm getting that vibe,, and I agree,,fuck those fuckers that think they know what is best for you in their narrow view of the overall picture as a simple employer,,I'd kick 'em to the curb in an instant if they expected anything from me! You go!,kick 'em straight in the scrotum!,,see you at the coast!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #7074
G-Funk OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonsage View Post
Never hurts to check the sale rack at Aerostich... I got a deal on some pants there a couple months ago. I also get stuff here http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...kets_and_pants sometimes.

Yes the BUly is mine... had it a couple months. So far it suits me. I managed to ride all day yesterday without inducing any new pains. At my age that is a miracle. Although being partially frozen may have helped.

....as OMB says, now I need some assless chaps with knee pucks.
That's freaking great! You should use that as your sig line, eh ......

G.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #7075
Miguel Sanchez
Whatever...

Oddometer: 1,017
Quote:
So,,you've changed your mind, and you and the better half will be at Ludlum again,,,,I'm getting that vibe,, and I agree,,fuck those fuckers that think they know what is best for you in their narrow view of the overall picture as a simple employer,,I'd kick 'em to the curb in an instant if they expected anything from me! You go!,kick 'em straight in the scrotum!,,see you at the coast!
Oh, what a brilliant picture you paint in my mind - a blazing Peterman fire surrounded by lush green forests. Campfire laughter muted by the gentle sounds of a babbling stream... The subtle sounds of a Honda tank being attacked by sweat-pants wearing men with axes. Nice campground lady carrying shitty skivies on a rake! I'm gonna miss these sensory privileges.

Alas, I am a kept man. I sold my soul to The Man in exchange for a paycheck.

...and dental insurance...!!!

I'll miss ya bro'. Gimmee a rain check on a big toofless grin - we'll get fucked up and do a little whistling duet!

01 GS1150, 02 WR426F, 04 XR650L, 04 315R, 04 CRF230F, 81 R100RT (S), 56 G80CS, 87 MT11, 71 TS185, 74 98SR, 74 99RT, 76 TL250, 70 MX125, 80 DR400, 80 RS175, 80 RS250, 78 XR75, 74 RD350, 70 CT70, 06 Monster 620 Dark, and about a dozen more I can't think of right now...
Miguel Sanchez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #7076
peterman
cop magnet

You got it! I'm in for anything,, as long as I don't hafta spit!

Yep,,gonna have to re-learn proper spitting technique! my range has been severely affected,,negatively! this could get messy!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #7077
RideAbout
Mentally Retired

Oddometer: 1,651
Did you miss me?

I didn't think so, but we had a great time in Guatemala again.

This native Mayan woman was cooking with this "3 stone" fire pit her whole life and generations before.

....this is what we installed for her, now she can get off the dirt floor to cook.

Motorcycles are everywhere, especially in the nicer villages where folks have more than a few Qetzals a month to live.

Even found a Honda dealer.... notice the security with the shotgun.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #7078
peterman
cop magnet

Good job,,

Way to go kids!!!, hey are those the concrete stoves cast as needed, where needed, kinda thing?
I was asked to bid on making a mold to make something like that,,pretty cool! Very involved,,the mold they wanted. Great concept and worthy effort, like the plastic bottle as skylight thing,,every bit helps. thanks for sharing pics.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #7079
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,448
Yea we missed ya! Where can I get one of those cool red Balloon thingies for my Honda ?..... Glad you had a good time and welcome back.
oldmonkeybut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #7080
Superpacman13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Guatemala looks like fun, maybe one day I will pack my bags on Katy and go see for myself. Oh speaking of Honda... My wonderful employer Ramsey Waite will become the areas newest Honda and Kawasaki dealer. Woo.