ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #16
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
RuckedUp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,046
more info

I got a email back from the organizers and was informed that a general proof of fitness from a doctor was all that was required. So I have a physical set up for next week.
The next problem I have is transportation. I priced a ferry out of Venice today with one car and trailer, was quoted right at about 1000 euro which is around 1300USD for me. Throw in another 500euro for registration and fees and Im looking at bank and I still dont have a nav set up for the bike or new tires.

I sure wish I could get set up with others that are headed that way to help offset the cost. I'm just having a hard time telling the wife that Im going to spend close to 4000 euro for a 7 day trip.
__________________
My SPOT tracker link: SPOT
14' KTM 690R
13' R1200GS "Wasser Baby"
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
I think the organizers have set up special transport rates with a ferry company called ANEK Lines
because of the large number of Italian competitors,... email him back, or I can ask around if you want...

the website for the ferries is here:
http://web.anek.gr/portal/page/portal/ANEK_prod

I just spoke to Meletis, the organizer, he said that there is also the possibility of you sharing a Dutch support team that is coming to the race, and he has info regarding the discount on the ferry tickets... send him an email

Hope it works out!
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #18
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
RuckedUp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
I think the organizers have set up special transport rates with a ferry company called ANEK Lines
because of the large number of Italian competitors,... email him back, or I can ask around if you want...

the website for the ferries is here:
http://web.anek.gr/portal/page/portal/ANEK_prod

I just spoke to Meletis, the organizer, he said that there is also the possibility of you sharing a Dutch support team that is coming to the race, and he has info regarding the discount on the ferry tickets... send him an email

Hope it works out!
I just sent a email out to Memo Tours to see if they can help me. I think Im back in the game even with hauling my bike down with a car the ferry is only going to cost 450euro. Thanks for the help I'll keep you updated.
__________________
My SPOT tracker link: SPOT
14' KTM 690R
13' R1200GS "Wasser Baby"
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #19
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
RuckedUp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,046
Signed up

I sent out my registration today along with a deposit but have not heard anything from then yet.
__________________
My SPOT tracker link: SPOT
14' KTM 690R
13' R1200GS "Wasser Baby"
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #20
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Great! See you in April..
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #21
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
RuckedUp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,046
Miss my pick up

Im missing my pickup I had in the states, I'm headed to polo in the morning to check on a trailer. Funny thing today I called Greece to arrange the ferry ticket and after making the reservation I was told to call the office in Venice to pay for it!
__________________
My SPOT tracker link: SPOT
14' KTM 690R
13' R1200GS "Wasser Baby"
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:59 AM   #22
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Hotel booked... bike getting shaken down tomorrow in a one-day race, can't wait!
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #23
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
RuckedUp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Hotel booked... bike getting shaken down tomorrow in a one-day race, can't wait!
Where you staying at I'm booked into the Valledi Village Hotel. I should be just down the road from the bivouac. Still waiting on the Nav. tower items to show up in the mail. I'm keeping the packing list light spare rear tire oil filers and small tool kit. Should I bring Jack Daniels or Jim Beam?
__________________
My SPOT tracker link: SPOT
14' KTM 690R
13' R1200GS "Wasser Baby"
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #24
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
No need for either (travel light), we have ouzo. Lots of it

Though I am particular to rak

I booked at Coralli, the evia rally site says it's something like 50 meters from the bivouac.

Did you sort out your support crew?
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #25
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
RuckedUp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,046
Ohh snap Ouzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
No need for either (travel light), we have ouzo. Lots of it

Though I am particular to rak

I booked at Coralli, the evia rally site says it's something like 50 meters from the bivouac.

Did you sort out your support crew?
Ouzo!! I would tell you all about the last time I drank it; only problem is I can't remember what I did after I drank it!!

No word from the support company from the Neatherlands, I never got a email back so it looks like I'm on my own.
__________________
My SPOT tracker link: SPOT
14' KTM 690R
13' R1200GS "Wasser Baby"
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #26
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
don't worry about it, you will find that more than one person will be willing to lend a helping hand...

good thing about the bivouac based in Kimi all 5 days is that there will be more support crews there (less
expenses for them as they will not be following the course around every single day)

KTM SouthEast Europe will be there as well, they are well stocked for almost every part you might need
(I assume you will be on an exc450)

Raki. Trust me.
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #27
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
RuckedUp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
don't worry about it, you will find that more than one person will be willing to lend a helping hand...

good thing about the bivouac based in Kimi all 5 days is that there will be more support crews there (less
expenses for them as they will not be following the course around every single day)

KTM SouthEast Europe will be there as well, they are well stocked for almost every part you might need
(I assume you will be on an exc450)

Raki. Trust me.
If I could get the Harley some dirt tires I would have gone that route, will have to settle for the EXC :)
__________________
My SPOT tracker link: SPOT
14' KTM 690R
13' R1200GS "Wasser Baby"
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:53 AM   #28
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
RuckedUp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,046
Check one more item off the list

Check one more item off the list of things to buy/do!
This just showed in the mail today.

__________________
My SPOT tracker link: SPOT
14' KTM 690R
13' R1200GS "Wasser Baby"
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #29
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
RuckedUp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,046
Make that two things

I also got my physical out of the way today. The hardest part was explaining to the doctor what a rally was
__________________
My SPOT tracker link: SPOT
14' KTM 690R
13' R1200GS "Wasser Baby"
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:00 AM   #30
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuckedUp View Post
I also got my physical out of the way today. The hardest part was explaining to the doctor what a rally was
Ha. I usually take out my phone and show them videos of enduros or the Dakar (yeah, I wish)
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014