Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #16
tattoogunman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by rathackman View Post
Tattoogunman, I hear you and you make some excellent points. I won't go into my views on it since I don't want to hijack the thread but they are close to yours....

Sorry to hear about your present circumstances and you definitely are not alone. I wish you the very best.

I can see that in your present situation you probably aren't buying many mags at all....let alone ones about foreign travel.

Again, best of luck....
Brian
Thanks! I could always use them for toilet paper
tattoogunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #17
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,305
So this magazine is about two years old now. Any English-speaking subscribers care to do a review?
Old 01-31-2014, 11:21 AM   #18
claude
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,471
Personally I think it is a great magazine. It is also put out by some great folks. I do not really Know Martin and Heidi but have known of them for years. The other Mag Motterad Gespanne ( spelling is wrong I think ..lol) has been around for years.
Hack'd Mag? Knew Jim Dodson for years....one of the most enthusiastic sidecarists ever in this country and that mag was life so to speak. Chris Dodson walked hand in hand with her Husband Jim through many years of dedication with a ton of effort to make Hack'd what it was. When Jim passed it was questionable by SOME on whether Chris would carry on with it. Hats off to her as She rose to the occasion and did a great job along with long time friend, now her husband, Gary Haynes. Gary was a close friend of Jim and it was good to see Chris and Gary become one. But, sadly , due to many reasons Hack'd Finally went away.
Today we have the USCA publication , The Sidecarist, in this country and it is a good thing. I Personally feel that we as sidecarists should support the USCA and also support Sidecar traveler as much as possible. Yes, the internet does provide a lot of good info on sidecar with this site possibly being the standoput for many of us. But there is room for a good magazine and my hopes are that down th eroad we can have a full English version of Sidecar traveler in addition to what is now offered.
I would encourage any and all here to consider subscribing. I tis not allabout travel stories and such. Lots of good info in there and it is a very high quality publication.

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/
claude is offline   Reply With Quote