Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #796
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMorse View Post
Can I add a part to the previous question about Rev'it liners? I am considering a Rev'it Tornado pant for three season riding. The waterproof liner will be great in the spring and fall but I will use the pants for commuting to work, and therefore will be wearing slacks or jeans under the pants. Will this work with the liners in or will it be too tight in there? Mind you, I am pretty thin and my legs are rather skinny.
I was almost sold on Olympia Ranger pants as I thought the long cut would be a great thing to consider. I am tall. But then I saw the Rev'it pants and noted that they are a more "European" cut that might fit me better.
Hi JBMorse,
The Tornado Pants are technically riding pants, not overpants, but they have more room than most pants in the REV'IT! line up. With the liners out, you should be able to wear pants under with no problems.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #797
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
I want to buy summer waterproof pants and I don't want to deal with a detachable liner nonsense. I understand that they will not be as cool as mesh pants and willing to accept it.
I'm looking for the following:
1. Laminated GoreTex memrane (or imitation, if it can be waterproof/ breathable)
2. Good ventilation
3. Not too loose fit- I don't need overpants.
I watched a lot videos and read reviews, but still couldn't get a clear picture in my head. Or maybe such pants don't exist.
Hi Genka,
There isn't a perfect answer to your question in the REV'IT! pant collection. The closest is the Legacy GTX pants. They do have a removable thermal liner which would potentially allow you to ride with them year round, depending on your climate. The Gore Tex membrane is the most breathable waterproof membrane on the market and this pant does have leg vents, but only vent to the Gore Tex membrane and not directly to your skin. The fit is in line with what you are looking for, as the Legacy GTX pants are riding pants, not overpants.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 03-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #798
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromenomad View Post
Is there a pant that is similar to the Defender GTX but without the liners?

I want a skin-fitting pant, but I use my own thermal liner (heated) for the inside, and my own rain covers for the outside.

I don't want a full mesh summer pant, either. (I like the Defender's vented sections on the thighs that can be opened; that's perfect)

I had a Defender pant that I sold because it was too big, but I don't want to pay for another one in the right size, as I don't want to use the built-in thermal and rain liners and it seems silly to pay that amount for stuff that will just sit in the closet..

thoughts?
Hi Chromenomad,
There isn't a pant in the REV'IT! collection that is sold without liners, isn't waterproof, and has vents. The best suggestion is the REV'IT! Sand pant, which is significantly less expensive than the Defender GTX pant, but has a similar set up. Both liners can be removed if you prefer to only ride with the outer shell. The other option is something like the Klim Latitude pant, which is a Gore-Tex pant, but is well vented and does not have any interior liner to remove.
Cheers,
Ali
Team Zilla

Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #799
RFlagg42
One hoopy frood....

Oddometer: 1,136
Sidi boot question:

Could you post the heights of the Sidi Canyon Gore Tex and Sidi On-Road Gore Tex boots. It looks like there is a significant height difference based on the pictures on your website and I need to know their relative heights before I decide between them.

Thanks.
Eric

2015 LD Rally Season: Iron Butt Rally (29 Jun - 10 Jul)

"As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." - Proverbs 26:11
RFlagg42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #800
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlagg42 View Post
Sidi boot question:

Could you post the heights of the Sidi Canyon Gore Tex and Sidi On-Road Gore Tex boots. It looks like there is a significant height difference based on the pictures on your website and I need to know their relative heights before I decide between them.

Thanks.
Eric
Hi RFlagg42,

Typically, we try to reserve this thread to REV'IT! related questions, however, I was able to take some measurements for you. Both sets of measurements were taken from size 44 Sidi boots. The Sidi On Road boots measure 14" from floor to the top back of the boot and 14" from the floor to the top front of the boot. The Sidi Canyon boots measure 11 1/4" from floor to the top back of the boot and 12 3/4" from the floor to the top front of the boot.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 03-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #801
RFlagg42
One hoopy frood....

Oddometer: 1,136
I appreciate you taking the time to make those measurements in response to my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Typically, we try to reserve this thread to REV'IT! related questions,
Then I recommend you edit the first post in this thread, which specifically states that one can post questions on ANY piece of gear carried by Revzilla....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Welcome to the RevZilla.com REV'IT! & ADV Gear Discussion Thread and FAQ

Please post any technical, sizing or general questions about REV'IT! or any other piece of ADV gear carried by
us and we will answer it as quickly as we can. We try read and respond to questions about our gear on ADVRider religiously!
Eric
RFlagg42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #802
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlagg42 View Post
I appreciate you taking the time to make those measurements in response to my question.

Then I recommend you edit the first post in this thread, which specifically states that one can post questions on ANY piece of gear carried by Revzilla....

Eric
Hey Eric,
You are completely correct. This thread was originally started for specific REV'IT! questions, but when the RevZilla partners opened the platform to include all gear, it missed my radar.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #803
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,507
Quote:
Hi Genka,
There isn't a perfect answer to your question in the REV'IT! pant collection. The closest is the Legacy GTX pants. They do have a removable thermal liner which would potentially allow you to ride with them year round, depending on your climate. The Gore Tex membrane is the most breathable waterproof membrane on the market and this pant does have leg vents, but only vent to the Gore Tex membrane and not directly to your skin. The fit is in line with what you are looking for, as the Legacy GTX pants are riding pants, not overpants.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Ali,
Thanks for the answer. What about other brands you carry? Would Klim Latitude or Held Pezzo fit the bill?

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #804
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
Ali,
Thanks for the answer. What about other brands you carry? Would Klim Latitude or Held Pezzo fit the bill?
Hi Genka,
I had to think on your question, as it seems almost every robust pant on the market is waterproof or has thermal liners to fuss with. Both the Klim and the Held are Gore-Tex pants, so if you are using a waterproof rain pant over your protective gear, it seem like a waste to pay the premium price attached to anything Gore-Tex.
The option I like best is the Dainese Drake Air pant. The outer shell has similar construction to the Defender pants with a large air vent backed in 3D mesh. It has a euro fit, and at $259.95, it's much more reasonable than any similar pant offered by REV'IT!, Klim, or Held.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #805
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,660
Thumb

Just gotta give a shout out to the guy's at Revzilla!
Placed my order for a new XD4 Explore laaate Monday afternoon heading into night... and lo and behold it was here at my door when I got home Tuesday night!
THAT is some EXCELLENT service... not to mention the folks were very friendly and helpful as we spoke on the horn... Mucho Gracias Amigo's! Will be doing more business in the future
JJ
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #806
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Just gotta give a shout out to the guy's at Revzilla!
Placed my order for a new XD4 Explore laaate Monday afternoon heading into night... and lo and behold it was here at my door when I got home Tuesday night!
THAT is some EXCELLENT service... not to mention the folks were very friendly and helpful as we spoke on the horn... Mucho Gracias Amigo's! Will be doing more business in the future
JJ
Hey JJ,
Thank you for the kind words. I'll pass it along to the rest of the team.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 03-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #807
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,660
Thumb

Quote:
Hey JJ,
Thank you for the kind words. I'll pass it along to the rest of the team.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Sure thing Ali... I ordered anothe XD but in 1 size up and it's in the hallway now...
Again 1 day shipping awesome!
JJ
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #808
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 593
under gag order . . . .

Yeah, thanks Ali for hooking me up with ReV'it! customer service. In the last 5 years I have had 3 issues / encounters with them and each time they have exceeded my expectations. This time Gus came up with a solution on his own that absolutely blew me away. Suffice it to say I'm a ReV'it! customer for life.
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #809
Ford_Prefect
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
I would like to say Thank you RevZilla for all of the videos!

Those helped me to make the right choice for a jacket I picked up for my wife (used, sorry did not buy it from you).

I really am grateful and I look for your sight every time I am thinking about buying anything moto related.

I wanted to ASK... Do you do a MILITARY DISCOUNT?? I will be looking for a little more gear soon, and just wanted to ask so I would know when I placed my order.

Regards,
Brian

Ford_Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #810
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,246
Wow is all I can say about Revzilla. I ordered a pair of Held gloves in the morning and they were delivered the next day, early. Like having a warehouse in your basement. Good work, keep it up.