Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #9
Boulder Ed
Bin Ridin

Oddometer: 881
I'm interested as well...

ok, put me on the list of interested parties. I love challenges like this and have never "toured" on the BRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
If you are interest, please send me a PM with your email address. I have an introduction email, outlining the details and more information to share, so that you can make an informed decision.

Colorado Adventure Motorcycle 1000

Dates: September 2-9, 2012
Start and Finish: Colorado Springs, CO
1,000 miles of Dirt

This is not a race, but a band of like-minded adventurers, joining together as a team to complete a very difficult, 7 day ride through Colorado.

Appropriate Bike: 'plated' Enduro you can carry gear on or light Adventure Bike (bikes must be street legal). Your bike's tank must be able to do at least 150 miles, 200 mile range is insurance. You best make sure you are geared LOW....having a nice Granny Gear to climb the long, steep stuff. I would think a KTM990 could do this trip (with a good rider), but not a GSA, nor VStrom. Other big bikes that would probably work would be the 800GS, KRL.......Certainly the 450's-530's-640's-650's-690's will be perfect, as long as they can carry a bit of gear (clothing, bag, tiny tent, etc.....I plan to terminate each day at a campground, but you just never can predict what we will get into.....a breakdown could cause tents to be pitched way up in the woods.)

Here's my setup.......

I'm looking for company and corporate sponsors....(and their donations will go straight to the TPA
I will also, try to partner with the AMA. (They have a budding interest in adventure riders.)
And.....bring along a motorcycle journalist or two.....(as long as they can really ride the tough stuff).

The riding will be challenging, but we will be in groups of 3-5 and will help one another out. To finish the CAM1000 will be something to brag about.

WHY????
Well, two reasons...really.

1. I want to do it and I like the camaraderie of like-minded adventurers.
2. This will be a fund-raiser for TPA (Trails Preservation Alliance).

This 'first post' will be the location for information. Stay tuned....but more info will be coming over the next 6 months. Registration information, etc....will be coming soon, probably the month of January.

The INTERESTED LIST...... (23)

Big_John
ScramblerDavis
Mac
Dawgtracker
modette
LarkBRP
The Rizz
Gehtlos
TomInKC
bogus
RImikebike