ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #3016
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Rode to Poopies this past Wed, then around CR Thurs/Fri...Sat made a run to the Ox Yoke followed by a run up to JP... A lot of bikes out this past week, perfect weather.
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #3017
lmyamen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Have not been a member on these forums very long but just came across this thread. I am from Des Moines, I just finished rebuilding my 1976 R90/6. Should have some better pictures up soon!

lmyamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #3018
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmyamen View Post
Have not been a member on these forums very long but just came across this thread. I am from Des Moines, I just finished rebuilding my 1976 R90/6. Should have some better pictures up soon!

Very nice Imya...very nice.

BMW MOA# 192310
scooter noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #3019
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmyamen View Post

Shweeet! I live in WDM.
Orangecicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #3020
lmyamen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post
Shweeet! I live in WDM.
Awesome! I work in Urbandale!
lmyamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #3021
SnoPro753
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Des Moines

Hi everybody. I live in Des Moines and ride a 08' Vstrom 650 in Flat Black. Been lurking here a long time and posting a lot on stromtrooper.com

Is anyone planning on going on the Moonshine Lunch Run coming up April 13-15 in Moonshine, IL??

Details here: http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/Event.asp

A buddy from DSM and I are planning on leaving Friday morning first thing and coming home on Sunday. Anyone want to join us. (Buddy is riding a Sportster.)
SnoPro753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #3022
eemsreno
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
SnoPro
Wife and I are heading over Friday evening Camping and will be there Sat for a Moonburger. Camping at the farm and coming home Sunday. I'll keep an eye out for that blacked out Wee.
eemsreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #3023
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer: 443
New guy from WDSM...

Howdy all. Ryan from WDSM.
Been riding since I traded off an RC car for a KDX80 at age 11. Now at 36, I am that 11yo all over again. Picked up my shiny new 2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S touring yesterday from Motosports.
My last ride, a 2000 Ducati Monster 900i.e. has moved on to my friend. I miss it horribly but the Multistrada helped me start to forget her on the ride home last night.

Out with the old...

And in with the new...

I have had several bikes over the years. Dirtbikes, sportbikes, a couple of cruisers that lasted only long enough to wash them and sell them again...and pretty much everything in between. I currently have a DR350 that is solely for dirt use.
After putting in 520 miles in on one August Saturday last year in SW Colorado on the Monster, my knees were screaming for relief. I decided that it was time to start shopping for a new ride. One that was going to be more distance friendly.
After struggling all spring to track down a red MS, I finally relented and decided to put a deposit down on the white one Motosports had on the way (The wife wouldn't let me do the Pikes Peak model they had on the way citing too much more while getting "less" in her eyes).

Anyway, I plan on riding her until the wheels fall off. Then I will just put on a new set of wheels and start the process over again.
I have to say that first impressions on the Multi (and in no way related to me being a Ducati junkie): This Ducati pisses rainbows and shits unicorns!
ZLTFUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #3024
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
Howdy all. Ryan from WDSM.
The guys at Motosports really are cool, aren't they? They've helped me a lot with my 950 Adventure even though they don't service the big KTMs. Let me know if you want go exploring one weekend. I live out by the Jordan Creek Mall. If you see a big, ugly, metalic orange KTM out that way, it's probably me.
Orangecicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #3025
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,433
Thumb

Quote:
The guys at Motosports really are cool, aren't they? They've helped me a lot with my 950 Adventure even though they don't service the big KTMs. Let me know if you want go exploring one weekend. I live out by the Jordan Creek Mall. If you see a big, ugly, metalic orange KTM out that way, it's probably me.
Ron and the owner Doug are the best at Motosports!!

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #3026
ts3doug
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
ducatis and rainbows go hand in hand. not that there's anything wrong with that.
ts3doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #3027
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Small world...I live about 4 or 5 blocks west of JC myself.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #3028
eemsreno
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
so what is the deal with that cemetery right in the middle of the road just west of JC ?
eemsreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #3029
Calkins
On Any Sunday...

Oddometer: 499
Sold my XT350 a month of so ago. Bought me another Triumph a couple of weeks ago. It's similar to the one I sold a few years ago. Got to meet a couple of inmates in CF for breakfast when I had that one. Good times! Anyone up near the Iowa Falls area, hit me up.

WANTED: Street Titled 1973 Yamaha DT3 Parts Bike
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #3030
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
so what is the deal with that cemetery right in the middle of the road just west of JC ?
Not exactly sure. I have lived in the Des Moines area most of my life and it has always been there. One of my "things" is old churches and cemeteries.