Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #46
GeoMoto OP
FMAR Chump!

Oddometer: 743
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterbj View Post
I live in the Denver area and plan to take a mixed back roads route to the Flying Monkey. Anyone interested in joining up for all, or part, PM me.
I have an uncle that might ride down from Colorado. He hasn't totally committed yet. Check with me as we get closer and I will hook you guys up if he decides to come.

GeoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #47
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
I just booked a vacation w/the kids leaving 7/22 to Hawaii. If I still go, I may come up Wed and leave Sat.
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #48
dutchjohn
Adventure Touring

Oddometer: 287
maybe

I have to see what is up, did look at this last year, but didnt make it. maybe this year, all depends on when I go north
for other rides i want to do, but it looks fun
dutchjohn
dutchjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #49
soupbone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
just reserved my spots! thanks GEOMOTO. can't wait! have a question? do some people bring their own stuff to cook and do they have grills? thx again. also are beverages of the hops and malt variety allowed in moderation of course?
soupbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #50
GeoMoto OP
FMAR Chump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupbone View Post
just reserved my spots! thanks GEOMOTO. can't wait! have a question? do some people bring their own stuff to cook and do they have grills? thx again. also are beverages of the hops and malt variety allowed in moderation of course?
Quite a few people bring their own meals, there are no grills that I can remember so you probably want to bring your own. Beverages are okay too. I believe that they serve beverages at the restaurants too.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #51
dulinor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
I'm all healed up, bike rebuilt and ready to go again! Promise not to be quite as high maintenance this year!

(XL)

I can probably scrounge a truck so I don't have to ride it all down live night before, but would be up for joining any groups coming down from the greater SLC area.
dulinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #52
GeoMoto OP
FMAR Chump!

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulinor View Post
I'm all healed up, bike rebuilt and ready to go again! Promise not to be quite as high maintenance this year!

(XL)

I can probably scrounge a truck so I don't have to ride it all down live night before, but would be up for joining any groups coming down from the greater SLC area.
GSA!!!!! Saweeeet! I'm Jealous! I will be on the GS this year.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #53
dulinor
Adventurer

I'll probably still bring the WR (with extra gas) - GSA is too new, won't have worn through the street tires yet and not sure I trust you when you say they'll be good GS roads!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #54
GeoMoto OP
FMAR Chump!

Talking

Quote:
I'll probably still bring the WR (with extra gas) - GSA is too new, won't have worn through the street tires yet and not sure I trust you when you say they'll be good GS roads!
Ha! That is funny! You have had a couple expensive Southern Utah trips over the last couple of years. I am sorry for that, however we all really enjoy your company (and the stories that we can all share about your adventures with us). I look forward to hearing about your European Vacation. Bring some pics!

You should PM fudgypup for some GSA pointers. He has gone from novice to pro on a GSA in less then a year and has racked up more training from other experts then anyone else I know.

Ride safe!

Old 03-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #55
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
Quote:
Trust me, they are GS/A-friendly.

Maybe 2% of it was a bit sandy; that leg through Kanab but not bad at all. Medium depth sand that's navigable, not the deep sand wash stuff that gets your heart racing. 98% was the most big bike friendly roads I've ever seen.
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #56
dulinor
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
Trust me, they are GS/A-friendly.

Maybe 2% of it was a bit sandy; that leg through Kanab but not bad at all. Medium depth sand that's navigable, not the deep sand wash stuff that gets your heart racing. 98% was the most big bike friendly roads I've ever seen.
And here I thought that picture would never see the light of day. We'll see as we get closer to the date. GS would have the advantage of an easy ride down, vs the WR on the highway. That said, I've been responsible for less than 500 miles on the GS so far, so not gonna assume.

dulinor screwed with this post 03-21-2012 at 02:28 PM
Old 03-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #57
dutchjohn
Adventure Touring

Oddometer: 287
nor;18271411]

And here I thought that picture would never see the light of day. We'll see as we get closer to the date. GS would have the advantage of an easy ride down, vs the WR on the highway. That said, I've been responsible for less than 500 miles on the GS so far, so not gonna assume.[/QUOTE]

sounds like you need to get riding
I am in the Ogden area and If I go I will ride down , but, NO FREEWAY stuff ! I have a few dirt roads picked out
then I am thinking of Only handing a day or so then head over to az and new mex and do the CDT up thru steamboat springs and then head due west back home. so if any one wants in lets talk. maybe two weeks on the trail.
DutchJohn
dutchjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #58
dulinor
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchjohn View Post
sounds like you need to get riding
I am in the Ogden area and If I go I will ride down , but, NO FREEWAY stuff ! I have a few dirt roads picked out
then I am thinking of Only handing a day or so then head over to az and new mex and do the CDT up thru steamboat springs and then head due west back home. so if any one wants in lets talk. maybe two weeks on the trail.
DutchJohn
Time permitting I'd love to head down over dirt, but will probably have to work to the last minute, bomb down, then bomb back up to make work the next monday so I miss the minimum time. Two weeks would be a dream!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #59
lacofdfireman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 727
Well since I live in the area I better not miss this one. Count me in. XXL Please..
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #60
scooterbj
A Life of Riding!

Oddometer: 25
Sure, anyone interested can pm me. I will make it a 2 day ride down overnighting somewhere in sw Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterbj View Post
I live in the Denver area and plan to take a mixed back roads route to the Flying Monkey. Anyone interested in joining up for all, or part, PM me.