Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Mac OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,108
2012 cam2k

Colorado Adventure Motorcycle 2000 (CAM2K)

Dates: September 2-9, 2012
Start and Finish: Colorado Springs, CO
2,000 miles of Colorado Awesome

This is a companion ride to the Colorado Adventure Motorcycle 1000 (CAM1K). Big_John and I are fully coordinating these rides together.

We will be riding about 300 miles per day of pavement (75%) and easy to moderate dirt (25%), while the CAM1K riders will be riding 95% moderate to hard dirt. We will start and stop in the same locations each night, but this will be your opportunity to experience some of the best Colorado roads, history, and vistas, while not beating yourself and your bike up along the way. This will be a more relaxed ride.

Appropriate Bike: Big Adventure Bikes from adventure-style 650s up to BMW R1200GS. I'll be riding my R1200GSA. This will be appropriate for two-up couples, as well as nearly anyone else with a bike who can ride 300 miles per day for a week. Just like the 1K riders, you'll have the option to carry your gear for camping each night, but you'll also have the option of hotels.

The riders who complete the entire CAM2K will have the opportunity to ride 50 Colorado Passes during this trip. (Passbagger certification "in work", more to come.)

Just like the CAM1K, this will also be a fund-raiser for TPA (Trails Preservation Alliance). If you are interested, please send me a PM with your email address. I will have an introduction email, outlining the details and more information to share, so that you can make an informed decision.

This 'first post' will be the location for information.

Pictures and Routes will be posted over the next few days, so subscribe to this thread and come back for updates...
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC

Mac screwed with this post 03-27-2012 at 09:24 AM
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote