ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #10246
AndrewT
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Tivoli, TX
Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
one more time the weekend of April(27-29)
Grr! Heart of Texas that weekend, may try to swing thru and say hi on Sunday. See any of y'all at TAC the weekend before?
AndrewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #10247
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
Grr! Heart of Texas that weekend, may try to swing thru and say hi on Sunday. See any of y'all at TAC the weekend before?

Ill be at TAC, but I've got my kids the following weekend. Now if Ghost moved it to Cinco-de-Mayo weekend...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #10248
yardracer
stubborn cow
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 983
OK....is anybody besides me doing the TAR?????
__________________
Yes, you can vacuum a Rottweiler
Certified battery murderer.
yardracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #10249
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
Ill be at TAC, but I've got my kids the following weekend. Now if Ghost moved it to Cinco-de-Mayo weekend...
I am easy...I have not posted it yet so I could get the pulse of what works best...Maybe a Cinco De Mayo fire
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #10250
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardracer View Post
OK....is anybody besides me doing the TAR?????
I am thinking that it would be very bad for me to show up at TAC. I had already planned to be at THC Rally that weekend and I would hate to let Trip down
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #10251
yardracer
stubborn cow
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
I am thinking that it would be very bad for me to show up at TAC. I had already planned to be at THC Rally that weekend and I would hate to let Trip down
DANG!!!!!!!! NO Ghost..........

I'll bite....what's the THC and where is it?
__________________
Yes, you can vacuum a Rottweiler
Certified battery murderer.
yardracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #10252
cavemanjed
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cavemanjed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: The Sweaty Part of Texas
Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
I know, schick. My wildflowers on the ranch are just beautiful. Removing a bunch of big deer and our beneficial rains have just made a world of difference.

In other news. The little Harley is undergoing the knife. New gofaster pulley (maybe 135 on a sporty?), wrapped headers, and oh, yeah. Replace all of the exhaust studs. Two of four were broken, and another one broke while he was removing it. Something about running it hard. Moi? Whatever do you mean? That's how it got to the shop so while it was there......


Hmmmm. Maybe some bar-end mirrors, black-out and cut-down the windshield, race handlebars, and a K+N. I've got a lead on some scuffed plastic I can put a heavy coat of flat black on. This thing is coming together. It won't be long until I have it completely un-rideable and un-saleable. Like everything else I own. A man needs a plan.

Oohh!! Maybe a leather Corbin. Maybe in a snake-print. ;)
Why stint? Get some stingray leather!
__________________
Embrace the Chaos
cavemanjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #10253
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardracer View Post
DANG!!!!!!!! NO Ghost..........

I'll bite....what's the THC and where is it?
Texas Hill Country Rally In Vanderpool Texas
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #10254
yardracer
stubborn cow
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Texas Hill Country Rally In Vanderpool Texas
Is there a thread here? I can only find one in Luckenbach in may.....
__________________
Yes, you can vacuum a Rottweiler
Certified battery murderer.
yardracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #10255
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardracer View Post
Is there a thread here? I can only find one in Luckenbach in may.....
Yard..No thread here now..Used to be the official Texas ADV Rally.But then there was a great schiszm in ADV. Much moaning and nashing of teeth. Many were cast forth from the Asylum. Even the ADV Mods left. It is a story that cannot be told here for fear of banishment or lightning from above Another forum was started. Determined to let their free spirits reign. A gift of blood bequeethed to the doomed. From the ashes like a phoenix so doeth it rise
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #10256
cavemanjed
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cavemanjed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: The Sweaty Part of Texas
Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Yard..No thread here now..Used to be the official Texas ADV Rally.But then there was a great schiszm in ADV. Much moaning and nashing of teeth. Many were cast forth from the Asylum. Even the ADV Mods left. It is a story that cannot be told here for fear of banishment or lightning from above Another forum was started. Determined to let their free spirits reign. A gift of blood bequeethed to the doomed. From the ashes like a phoenix so doeth it rise
Poetry man, Poetry. I think I will be free at least one day this weekend, any recommendations? Obviously beyond the usual, "go $%^& yourself!" sort.
__________________
Embrace the Chaos
cavemanjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #10257
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavemanjed View Post
Poetry man, Poetry. I think I will be free at least one day this weekend, any recommendations? Obviously beyond the usual, "go $%^& yourself!" sort.
I used to be able extend a pretty decent grasp of the english vocabulary
My daughter is having a birthday/slumber party this weekend! I need Loco BAD!!! Maybe Sunday but not sure I can milk much more out of my rear tire! Big DaveGS and I ordered tires at lunch so will be in business Monday.
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #10258
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
I am easy...I have not posted it yet so I could get the pulse of what works best...Maybe a Cinco De Mayo fire
I'll be there if you do it then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
I used to be able extend a pretty decent grasp of the english vocabulary
My daughter is having a birthday/slumber party this weekend! I need Loco BAD!!! Maybe Sunday but not sure I can milk much more out of my rear tire! Big DaveGS and I ordered tires at lunch so will be in business Monday.
You're gonna need more than BBQ to recover from a house full of teenagers.

Head's up people. My daughter passed her driving test today, so use extra caution on the roads in Tarrant County.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #10259
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
I'll be there if you do it then!



You're gonna need more than BBQ to recover from a house full of teenagers.

Head's up people. My daughter passed her driving test today, so use extra caution on the roads in Tarrant County.
Lord, I know...

What do folks think of May 4-6?
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #10260
yardracer
stubborn cow
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Lord, I know...

What do folks think of May 4-6?
I think I'm gonna drive my boss mad...... and I'm all for that

And condolences to Dahveed.......as long as she doesn't drive like mine you're in business My old cow is an expert at ....let's call it "getting stuck on things"......
__________________
Yes, you can vacuum a Rottweiler
Certified battery murderer.
yardracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014