Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 05:31 AM   #766
Oz Nutter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,113
[QUOTE=jugglingogre;18258655]Ok so we have so far:

Mexicans
  • JugglingOgre (aka Pete) DR650 - I'll ride anywhere though I'm only learning the off road thing. Put it this way, the DR is a lot more capable than I am
  • XRman riding a DRZ400 : gravel roads and scrub tracks for me until my leg heals and my neck injury fades with time.
  • GagsD2 DR650 setup for ADV riding but I will try anything once......
Oz Nutter riding KTM 950 adv , no hero but i'll give it a go....,
Also K1 BMW for road missions, XR650 - currently no rego
Oz Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #767
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 1,311
Laugh

Now this won't do; I had to go to pg 3 to find our thread.

Well, it's 'sparrow fart' and the kind sick people of the world didn't keep me awake all night.....well not after the job we did that finished at 2300 anyway. The bike is packed, I've had my first cup of heart-starter, just about to clipper my ever reducing locks so I don't get helmet hair... Meeting at Slow's place around 0930 and hopefully he's not too hung over to make a start. Heading to Bacchus Marsh the back way, whatever that is??

Anyway, Cancer Ride starting tomorrow 0900 from Bacchus Marsh and camping at Chinaman's on Mt Cole tomorrow night. Plan is to arrive in Hamilton via the Grampians on Sunday arvo. Looking like a group of around 13 at this stage.

Home for a flying visit and repack the bike on Sunday with a RV 0830 at Branxholme for bacon & eggs on Monday; a small group of 4 will then be continuing on to Adelaide, the back way, and I believe we are camping at Che Fong on Tuesday night. Not sure where we are camping on Monday night yet, depends on what takes our fancy and how lost we can get

Should be some good photos and hopefully some GoPro footage when we return. Them's the rules

Cheers

Gags
Old 03-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #768
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,452
go Slow

Have Fun gags. We could do the Adelaide trip another time as a group maybe.
Where is Che Fong?
XRman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #769
James Cook
O.H.M.S

Oddometer: 404
Two day ride

A couple of months ago,three of our local riders were heading out for a day ride , meeting at Macarthur. I couldn't go but Macarthur is not far away, so seeing I hadn't met two of the riders decided to go in to meet them and have a chat. In the end we decided a two day ride would be a good thing,in the not to distant future.I thought I could come up with a plan but not wanting to take anything away from the cancer ride waited till now to post.
Making a date to suit everyone is hard ,I'll make it around the 21st of April,weekdays or weekend.If you want to go PM me with the days you have.
There isn't much of a plan, will go East, North,West then South starting in Hamilton on roads I have not been on before.
My thoughts are you don't have go out looking for adventure, it will find you

I'm fairly soft and prefer a hotel or motel for the night,if you want to camp thats good to.
James Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #770
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Interesting

If I can fit my boot on, I will make it. The weekend suits me
Old 03-30-2012, 02:10 AM   #771
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
Have Fun gags. We could do the Adelaide trip another time as a group maybe.
Where is Che Fong?
Fongy is an inmate and apparently has offered his abode for us to recreate at on Tuesday night. Cheers
Old 03-30-2012, 02:12 AM   #772
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cook View Post
A couple of months ago,three of our local riders were heading out for a day ride , meeting at Macarthur. I couldn't go but Macarthur is not far away, so seeing I hadn't met two of the riders decided to go in to meet them and have a chat. In the end we decided a two day ride would be a good thing,in the not to distant future.I thought I could come up with a plan but not wanting to take anything away from the cancer ride waited till now to post.
Making a date to suit everyone is hard ,I'll make it around the 21st of April,weekdays or weekend.If you want to go PM me with the days you have.
There isn't much of a plan, will go East, North,West then South starting in Hamilton on roads I have not been on before.
My thoughts are you don't have go out looking for adventure, it will find you

I'm fairly soft and prefer a hotel or motel for the night,if you want to camp thats good to.
I'm sure there are no roads you haven't been on!!

I will be in the Flinders then so my apologies for non-attendance
Old 03-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #773
bigredroosta
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 674
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
If I can fit my boot on, I will make it. The weekend suits me
Or I could lend you a RH size 13 ?
bigredroosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #774
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

smart arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredroosta View Post
Or I could lend you a RH size 13 ?

Thanks for the offer Wal. I can slip on the Alpine Star boot with a bit of effort. My CT scan has been postponed until mid May. I think I should be OK for an easy road -trail ride.

I am off to the pool this morning for an hour. Have you started training, other than undoing screw tops on wine bottles. My physio said I needed to work on flexibility and the srew tops seemed a good way to do this. Nothing like a glass of good Langhorne Creek Shiraz to dull the pain.

I like Sam's style with over night motels/hotels. It makes for a lighter bike, but there is something about a smoky fire and an uncomfortable night on the ground that appeals to my Spartan side (small as it is: the Saprtan side, that is!)

Sam what about we do a ride on the back roads towards Mildura, trying to avoid the bakery at Ouyen famous for the vanilla slices? I am getting tired of all this lush green foliage we have here in Portland. A bit of brown would be nice.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #775
James Cook
O.H.M.S

Oddometer: 404
Towards Mildura

XRMan

I am good for any direction. You could choose something interesting in a back roads plan.
James Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #776
jugglingogre
Under the thumb

Oddometer: 190
Question

Adding a 12v socket to the DR want it to only be on when the ignition is on.

I think I have lucked out and found a connector off the loom that could be used. I've checked with the multimeter and it's only hot when the bike is on so all's good. I just want to know if the brains trust knows what it's actually for?

Brown/white is hot. Black white is ground

Cheers

Pete
Old 03-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #777
BigBobC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
[QUOTE=Oz Nutter;18314078]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglingogre View Post
Ok so we have so far:

Mexicans
  • JugglingOgre (aka Pete) DR650 - I'll ride anywhere though I'm only learning the off road thing. Put it this way, the DR is a lot more capable than I am
  • XRman riding a DRZ400 : gravel roads and scrub tracks for me until my leg heals and my neck injury fades with time.
  • GagsD2 DR650 setup for ADV riding but I will try anything once......
Oz Nutter riding KTM 950 adv , no hero but i'll give it a go....,
Also K1 BMW for road missions, XR650 - currently no rego
Me from SA!
I have a dr 650 with all the fruit that I have set up for the apc rally in July. I will tackle anything on my bike including camping, although a few of the down hill rock runs in the grampians gets the sphincter moving :( !!

Bigbob.
BigBobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #778
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=BigBobC;18348522]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Nutter View Post

Me from SA!
I have a dr 650 with all the fruit that I have set up for the apc rally in July. I will tackle anything on my bike including camping, although a few of the down hill rock runs in the grampians gets the sphincter moving :( !!

Bigbob.
Bob as we communuicate BigRedRooster ( AKA Wal) is on a practice ride for APC rally down in the Little Dip Conservation Park on his DR650. Here is his spot beacon
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...F89NBjXsQVUt54

He could be heading down to Portland for some left over curry after a fund raising dinner at my place last night.

The curry is having the same effect as the down hills in the Grampians.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #779
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Eek Mid ride and stuffed.

Hello all

Home for the night after 3 full days of riding. Friday the back way to Bacchus Marsh. Saturday a great fun ride through the Wombat Forest and Lerdederg, then eventually onto Mt Cole where we camped the night at Chinaman's camp. 15 riders so was a great effort. Two offs just prior to arriving at Mt Cole, one had me concerned but improvement and stubbornness stopped me insisting he went to hospital for check-up. A great BBQ dinner put on by Triple Hoe and a few beers and we were all in bed pretty early.

Sunday saw us depart and head out along back roads towards the Grampians. An early arrival at Halls Gap and a good break before a great route over the mountains. No more carnage and quite a few less in number by now.

Eventually back to Hamilton for a re-group and some fuel before going our separate ways for the night. Meeting up again in Hamilton in the morning; one of the riders requires some repairs hopefully first thing in the AM.

The plan at this stage is to do an over-nighter with a good back road route organised.

I am hoping to have some video of parts of the ride edited by my daughter and will probably post that on the Cancer Ride thread soon.

Cheers

Gags
Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #780
MierMoto
Bike Freak

Oddometer: 151
Laugh Camera

Hey, just a quick techie update:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/28/i...-pro-hands-on/

Not sure when it'll be available here.

2013 Tenere XT660Z
MierMoto is offline   Reply With Quote