Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #2971
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post

I would buy this bike again in a minute. I'm anticipating a long love affair.
Great looking bike, congrats. What seat do you have on it .
Old 04-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #2972
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,489
That's a Rocky Mayer seat. Too short for me, but okay for today. The guy I bought it from was as inseamed challenged as Don Ho. You know, looks like he's 6 feet tall while standing waist deep in 2 feet of water.

Ordered an Duc enduro seat. I hope it's not too tall.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #2973
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
In a word, fabulous! Here are my impressions.
The adjustable suspension is pretty cool. In touring mode, the rebound damping is not right for a real bumpy corner. Urban mode was better for that. It's so easy to change the settings on the fly that it doesn't really matter if one setting is not right, just switch it to something else until you hit on the right one. After a while, it'll be easier to pick the right one w/o having to try them all out.
Lookin' good Ace!

BTW, I'm sure you know this by now, but every "mode" is totally customizable wrt DES settings. Rebound not right in Touring? Change it! Compression not right in Sport? Change it! It'll save your settings so they are bang on each time you enter that mode. Then there are the "gross" adjustments for each mode (rider only, rider w/ bags, rider + passenger, rider + passenger w/ bags). You can click through those pretty quickly so if you find a twisty bit of tarmac and you need to stiffen things up, just click up one notch and she'll stiffen right up. Brilliant!

-SM
Sock Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #2974
Tubulchain
odaat, atgatt

Oddometer: 195
Oh My!

Picked up the new Multi today. Titanium Touring model. Was struck by how easy it is to ride. I had it in my head that I was going to be on a bucking bronco, I was wrong. Love being able to switch modes. So nice to have a bike that has some personality. Very big day for me today. Realization of a longtime dream, to own a Ducati. Life is good!

Super fun ride. Slow and fast! It was really fun just whipping it around at 10mph, so light and solid. Love the sound of those big cans shucking up and down. Wow does it get up and go! Especially in sport!

Bravo Ducati.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #2975
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubulchain View Post
Picked up the new Multi today. Titanium Touring model. Was struck by how easy it is to ride. I had it in my head that I was going to be on a bucking bronco, I was wrong. Love being able to switch modes. So nice to have a bike that has some personality. Very big day for me today. Realization of a longtime dream, to own a Ducati. Life is good!

Super fun ride. Slow and fast! It was really fun just whipping it around at 10mph, so light and solid. Love the sound of those big cans shucking up and down. Wow does it get up and go! Especially in sport!

Bravo Ducati.
Congrats!

They're a blast for sure. That it feels so much smaller and lighter than the other big trailies is just an additional plus.

Remember to scrub those new tires in before you go dragging knees....

-SM
Old 04-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #2976
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubulchain View Post
Picked up the new Multi today. Titanium Touring model. .
NICE!!! Congrats, enjoy the color choice and hang on the best you can.....remember to give it a good go thru all the gears and make sure to engine brake along the way.....have fun!
oalvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #2977
wheels
Practicing to retire

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg View Post
All you MTS1200S owners...did the dealer change your fork oil at the 15K mile service?

My service manual says it SHOULD be changed (which is reasonable).

My dealer's service manager says, "no, it's changed every 36 months (no mileage criterion)", which is UNreasonable. By 36 months I'll have 70,000 niles on the bike!

So...those of you that have had the 15K mile service performed by a dealer: did they change the fork oil?

Thanks very much for any info. I've typically changed fork oil every 10K miles on the Showa forks on my '92 900SS and '06 Uly.

--Doc
Hey Dr. Greg, it might be a good idea to see what Ohlins has to say on the fork oil mileage.

"Full Tilt Bozo Panic"
wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #2978
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Lookin' good Ace!

BTW, I'm sure you know this by now, but every "mode" is totally customizable wrt DES settings. Rebound not right in Touring? Change it! Compression not right in Sport? Change it! It'll save your settings so they are bang on each time you enter that mode. Then there are the "gross" adjustments for each mode (rider only, rider w/ bags, rider + passenger, rider + passenger w/ bags). You can click through those pretty quickly so if you find a twisty bit of tarmac and you need to stiffen things up, just click up one notch and she'll stiffen right up. Brilliant!

-SM
I figured out my problem. I wasn't riding it fast enough.

Much better yesterday when I picked up the speed a tic or two.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick

AceRph screwed with this post 04-03-2012 at 09:09 PM
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #2979
DiasDePlaya
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 624
Hello Ducatisti,

I'm reading in European forums about many people who have bent the shift lever when ride fast. Anyone here did the same?

"Ya veras como quieren en Chile al amigo cuando es forastero"
Traditional song
DiasDePlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #2980
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiasDePlaya View Post
Hello Ducatisti,

I'm reading in European forums about many people who have bent the shift lever when ride fast. Anyone here did the same?
Unless the gear change lever has been adjusted WAYYYY down, it's not the first thing to touch down on that side. If you ignore the sparks from your left foot peg, then yes, it's entirely possible to mangle your shifter....

-SM
Old 04-11-2012, 05:24 AM   #2981
jackisme
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Fellow Multi Drivers,

Does anyone have experience with Touratech's Zega Pro panniers on their MTS? I frequently ride my Touring model with Ducati's panniers but am planning some extensive travel/camping this summer and have been thinking about the utility and apparent durability of the Zegas. My alternative plan (and approx $1000 cheaper) is to get Ducati's 73L pannier lids which should allow me to carry about everything internally. But I'm not too crazy with the prospect of getting the pretty plastic all scratched up :)

If anyone's mounted the Touratech bags, what are your thoughts on the the mounting framework? With the way it uses the bike's existing mount slots, are you confident in the system's overall ruggedness? Any experience you can share would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Jack
jackisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #2982
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer: 422
Anyone have the larger capacity stock panier covers on their MS1200? I am not quite ready to jump up to a full on aluminum set yet but did want to be able to get as much as I can stowed internally for some long weekends I am planning...
ZLTFUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #2983
Lucky Explorer
Traveled the world

Oddometer: 297
Z,
I have the large lids and while 2up could not do without them. The stds are just too small. They are huge and give it that bus-wide look, but Italia was never function over form! They are solid as you know the mounting is. I use the DP liners that unzip for larger capcity and they work. Questions??
Allen.
Lucky Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #2984
jackisme
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Lucky,

Did the larger lids come with the fore and aft clasp mounts already installed, or did Ducati leave that install up to the buyer? You said that for you, two-up riding requires the larger lids. Do you also have the topcase installed?
jackisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #2985
Lucky Explorer
Traveled the world

Oddometer: 297
My bike is early 10, so dlr post installed clamps. I do have top box all ordered with bike order. I have a tendency to not put much in topboxes.
Allen
Lucky Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote