ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #151
WetSideRider
Recidivist Dirtbag

Oddometer: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayshaker View Post
He remembers me so what does that tell ya?

TONY
Tony gets a pass, since this is the first time we met. Kelvey said to look for him and it turned out he was camped next to Mike Pellitteri, who graciously let us trade lies in his motorhome at the end of the day.

Now I will have no excuse for not knowing Tony, except the typical senior moment stuff, that is.
WetSideRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #152
awshouse
Downwardly mobile

Oddometer: 435
Tony, you probably remember not-remembering me! I was with Dan and Mike and the other Knuckleheads next to you and your father. Last spring you led a fantastic exploration of the green dots last year which Mike P, Paul Schmidt and I both participated in. And I've been asking you various navigation of green dots questions since via email... whatever.

Dan, you have limited excuses for memory lapse, as you should be well rested after Ron won the privilege of bunking with yours truly. Memory aside I didn't mind the extra 10 miles of freezing my nards off. It barely put a dent in the immense joy of the overall event. Ron, sorry about your mechanical.

Kudos to the SJMC for a fantastic event. This was my first but not last. In fact next year I'll see about taking a few days off so it's not so rushed. I feel like a slacker as I didn't have time to even approximate my beer quota.

Great, great fun. Excellent course for the circuit and the dual sport single track sections were even better after bone jarring lap of the course.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #153
oldskooolridz
n00b

Oddometer: 2
hey thanks for loading the video

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by grinns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinns View Post
Start two with the dual sports!

I was the crazy bastard on the 1978 trail 90 i made it 1 very painfull lap on that. this was my first big ride at all and a kind of spur of the moment decision on saturday. i can't wait to do it again next year!
oldskooolridz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #154
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,777
Thank you Stump Jumpers MC ! ! ! Well done

We went as vendors but also to see our good friends from Washington. Cool to see Masterchief, to meet Hayshaker and also Master Marine - thanks for stopping by fellows!

The weather was pretty chilly for just hangin' around but turned out to be perfect for riding and racing.

Took out the 950 for the dual sport loop on saturday. The bike has been under the knife for a while and finally got it all sorted - it's never run as good as it does now Me & N2moto got separated from our buddy John and ended up roosting the crap out of that route.

(not very good photos unfortunately)

This pampas-type grass was super fun.

The last piece of the route we had time to ride was this guy's private GP course - I would drive all the way up there just to ride this!

Pat and I had to get back to 'work' - had a little snack and headed back to the event.

Good family fun back at the pits.

Race day started out with a real soaker - pouring down rain at 6 am. I could hear guys talking about not riding and saw lots of rigs pulling out but then it stopped and the weather turned perfect. Cool vintage machines waiting for the starting line procession.

I got to go out on the course with a buddy from Tasky's and JR the Sargent at Arms.

Here's what it looked like at the 1st bridge.

[/IMG]

Should've entered . . . next year!

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere

wachs screwed with this post 04-02-2012 at 05:59 PM
wachs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #155
88NX250
Team USA

Oddometer: 723
See my post on the Adventure bike race thread for some text and pictures.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=239
88NX250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #156
hayshaker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetSideRider View Post
Tony gets a pass, since this is the first time we met. Kelvey said to look for him and it turned out he was camped next to Mike Pellitteri, who graciously let us trade lies in his motorhome at the end of the day.

Now I will have no excuse for not knowing Tony, except the typical senior moment stuff, that is.
To know me is to ride with me!

I wish there would have been more time to visit but was busy guys. Nothing makes me happier than sitting around a campfire (or Mike's RV) telling stories. Now that I have that Giant Loop bag for the 990 there is a good chance you'll see me wandering a little further from home this summer. whoo hoo..

TONY

George, WA
hayshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #157
hayshaker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by awshouse View Post
Tony, you probably remember not-remembering me! I was with Dan and Mike and the other Knuckleheads next to you and your father. Last spring you led a fantastic exploration of the green dots last year which Mike P, Paul Schmidt and I both participated in. And I've been asking you various navigation of green dots questions since via email... whatever.

Will begin another thread but making plans for one sometime this month.

TONY

George, WA
hayshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #158
yondering
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
Did any of you guys get hurt? I'm typing this from a wheelchair, something wrong with my right hip, some torn muscles or something I think.

I went down about halfway into the start; bounced over a rock and then tagged a guy crossing in front of me right as I landed. My right butt cheek met a pretty good rock. I picked the bike up and kept going for about 20 minutes, but when I dropped it again and couldn't stand up or get on my bike again, I knew I was done. One of the sweep riders helped me back on the bike and I limped back towards the road and camp. Thanks to Tim Todd #39 and family for the hospitality while I waited for a buddy to pick me up!
yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #159
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88NX250 View Post
See my post on the Adventure bike race thread for some text and pictures.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=239
Did that on an F800GS!! Respect! Crazy!
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #160
Ironwood
Friday Harbor, WA

Oddometer: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskooolridz View Post

I was the crazy bastard on the 1978 trail 90 i made it 1 very painfull lap on that. this was my first big ride at all and a kind of spur of the moment decision on saturday. i can't wait to do it again next year!
I passed you on Saturday. I am impressed you got that girl around. Which course did you ride? Joe
Ironwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #161
oldskooolridz
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
I passed you on Saturday. I am impressed you got that girl around. Which course did you ride? Joe
I did the 100, well fifty of it, i really didn't know what i was getting into but man was that fun. next year i'm ridding something with suspension on it though, oh and thanks for not running me over
oldskooolridz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #162
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskooolridz View Post

Nicely done.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #163
singlewideteamusa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
The other 950 guy

Congrats to the other Adventure Class racers! We can race too! I was the guy on the 950 Super Enduro.
Wished I was one spot further up at the start but glad to not have gone down. Coulda used the $500.
Did I ride the wrong course or something? I never saw any other Adventure bikes out there......
singlewideteamusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #164
Pete156
I love to eat!

Oddometer: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlewideteamusa View Post
Congrats to the other Adventure Class racers! We can race too! I was the guy on the 950 Super Enduro.
Wished I was one spot further up at the start but glad to not have gone down. Coulda used the $500.
Did I ride the wrong course or something? I never saw any other Adventure bikes out there......
You were on the right course. Nice hole shot Jeremy!

Only Joel Tonsgard beat you to the flags.

1000 CBR
200 KDX

Pete156 screwed with this post 04-02-2012 at 09:42 PM
Pete156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #165
Arzach
never too old...

Oddometer: 326
this is all I got from the poker run .Teaches me to check on battery charge before riding .