Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #661
HappyHighwayman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
I burned out the battery on my FZ6 leaving the hand warmers on because it didn't have the relay yet. I had to bump start it.
HappyHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #662
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
HF and everybody else,
Have a look at the Fuzeblock FZ-1. It's a compact little fuse block that even has a relay built in.
Lukas
Now that's the bomb! I likey....

Thanks Lukas, I hadn't seen this piece before.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:36 AM   #663
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Now that's the bomb! I likey....

Thanks Lukas, I hadn't seen this piece before.

HF
+1

Wish I had gone that route for integrated relay. I fit a PC8 only because of Shorai conversion.

There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #664
malloy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
KaliCarl - At the risk of sounding cheap (I did have a KLR ) if you are only going to run one device at a time like I do (no GPS here) you could wire directly to the battery as you intimated. Put a water proof fuse holder w/ 15 amps in line and finish it off with an SAE connector. Then add SAEs to your stuff and plug right in; including a non-BMW battery tender.

In the alternative, but still cheap - would be to to wire in a PowerLet 12" 15 Amp iCAN harness, p/n PKY-046-12, into the existing socket port. The socket itself is replaced with this kit be/ the OEM is a cheap, plastic item subject to melting w/ more amperage. It gets a new and better BMW style socket. So says the tech @ PowerLet. Call them and talk to a tech to be sure you get the right kit. Not affiliated, etc. Here's a link for installing, although this fellow used the PowerLet as a second plug: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473247 Thus, he can run two devices at a time this way, using the OEM plug for low amp stuff. I think GPS is pretty low amperage.

If you really want to run your TV , then the CenTec, or many others as explained above, is the way to go - not cheap but really effective, particularly if you envision adding lots of stuff, especially lights and electric water heaters .
Old 04-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #665
HappyHighwayman
Gnarly Adventurer

So I noted that I had at least 1 gallon of fuel left when the "Low Fuel" light comes on. Pretty funny that the "reserve" portion of the tank is ~ 25% of total capacity and that you have a good 45 miles to go before truly running out.

I also finally memorized the symbols for the computer...average speed, average fuel use and current MPG, and temp.

Is there a way to reset the averages? Or is the average all the way back to when I started the bike for the first time?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #666
Hicks
der Überluber

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHighwayman View Post
So I noted that I had at least 1 gallon of fuel left when the "Low Fuel" light comes on. Pretty funny that the "reserve" portion of the tank is ~ 25% of total capacity and that you have a good 45 miles to go before truly running out.

I also finally memorized the symbols for the computer...average speed, average fuel use and current MPG, and temp.

Is there a way to reset the averages? Or is the average all the way back to when I started the bike for the first time?
hold the lower (I think) display button..

I have a feeling that you've not read the Riders manual...
Old 04-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #667
HappyHighwayman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
hold the lower (I think) display button..

I have a feeling that you've not read the Riders manual...
I have a feeling you haven't read it since you were unsure of your answer.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #668
Hicks
der Überluber

Quote:
I have a feeling you haven't read it since you were unsure of your answer.
I have a constant confusion about what the upper and lower buttons on the BC do .. I bet for the lower one though

And of course I've read the Riders manual... as I remember about a month BEFORE I got the bike.. and several times since that. I like manuals
Old 04-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #669
HappyHighwayman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
I have a constant confusion about what the upper and lower buttons on the BS do .. I bet for the lower one though

And of course I've read the Riders manual... as I remember about a month BEFORE I got the bike.. and several times since that. I like manuals
So of course it's impossible that I read the manual, and forgot how the computer works (because I've owned the bike a whole week), and just don't have it with me at work, right?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #670
Hicks
der Überluber

Quote:
So of course it's impossible that I read the manual, and forgot how the computer works (because I've owned the bike a whole week), and just don't have it with me at work, right?
aha sorry I didn't know that you have the bike only a week... and of course why you're still at work.. it;s evening :P

---

btw: be aware not to touch the BC controls (not those on the handlebars) during ride... I've almost crashed because of that several times... and you know... I'm a very capable and multitasking rider
Old 04-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #671
tofire409
Geared up and ready.

Oddometer: 591
Quote:

You have to hold the info button for a few seconds to reset/restart the average values (section 4, pg 37)
tofire409 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #672
Tessitori
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Happy Easter to everyone. First post here! I am trying to find out what crash bars are installed on this bike as I would like to install the same on mine, which BTW I am picking up this week.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Tessitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #673
Hicks
der Überluber

it's imho Tourarech.

---

definitely TT:

http://www.touratech.com/shops/008/p...affdba3ff08cc0

http://www.touratech.com/shops/008/p...affdba3ff08cc0
Old 04-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #674
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,492
Small squeak?

With the bike on the centerstand if I spin the rear wheel when it is coming to a stop I get a small squeak. I can also hear it if I start turning the wheel very slowly. Anything to be concerned about?
Old 04-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #675
HappyHighwayman
Gnarly Adventurer

Here's a stupid question: Why do my wrists, especially my throttle hand, hurt a LOT after an hour's riding? At first it happened because I was leaning way too far forward so that my wrists were at an odd angle. Once I fixed that I found thay still hurt quite a bit especially when I rotate them after about 1 hour's riding. What am I do doing wrong? Do I need bar risers? Or a lower seat to alter my angle?