Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #62596
Seventy One
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Question for Pro cycle (or anyone else in-the-know).

Do the Wolfman Expedition saddle bags come with the new style racks? If so, are they compatible with the e-bay BBQ rack?

BTW, I am really happy with the order I placed last week. Among many other things, I got a Pro cycle Jet Kit and installed it today. Simple installation and much improved throttle response, cool, (but not obnoxious) intake sound and much improved power. Very nice upgrade!
2013 Tiger 800XC
Seventy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #62597
Mr. Thumpy
Seasoned not old.

Oddometer: 9
God bless our military Men and Women!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=3034c9bab9The photo of him in the hole was a two thousand pound IED that killed his sargent and gave him 40 % hearing loss and his gun is the SAW he was on a four man team and the hummer had a roller on the front to find IED and it found one.
My helmet goes off to each and everyone of you that has served or has family that has served for this great this country!
Mr. Thumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:52 AM   #62598
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryC View Post
Hi Sarah
Did you find a seat for your DR?
Hi Garry--- Thanks very much for asking. My Seat Concepts kit arrived Fedex late yesterday..... we've got family doings for Easter so it'll be a day or two before I can get it together. Can't wait, it's quality looking stuff.

Sarah
Old 04-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #62599
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,474
Carb O-Rings

I have my carb apart for a (needed) cleaning. I see two o-rings of different sizes on the orange plastic float assembly (one above the float valve and one near the pilot jet tube). Would anyone happen to know the sizes of those two o-rings? I have a local hardware store with a great selection of metric o-rings and, hopefully, can source them there.

TIA, Dave.

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:33 AM   #62600
GarryC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy One View Post
Question for Pro cycle (or anyone else in-the-know).

Do the Wolfman Expedition saddle bags come with the new style racks? If so, are they compatible with the e-bay BBQ rack?

BTW, I am really happy with the order I placed last week. Among many other things, I got a Pro cycle Jet Kit and installed it today. Simple installation and much improved throttle response, cool, (but not obnoxious) intake sound and much improved power. Very nice upgrade!
Don't know if you saw my post about this a few days ago (see post #62620). Short story is that that the DR650 racks are now the Gen 2 style and I was able to install the Gen 2 racks with a BBQ rack on my bike. There are different spacer kits for mating the Gen 2 racks with various tail racks.
GarryC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #62601
Pauliic
LV

Oddometer: 7
almost finished

Pauliic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #62602
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ER70S-2 View Post
TH: That's a nice looking boot; something between my Crossfires (too much boot for my current riding) and my Joe Rockets (not really enough boot for my current riding). The Crossfires fit me llike gloves and I like the protection they provide. I'll be trying on a pair of those Gaerne's as soon as I find them (I don't buy footwear without trying them on).
My new boots are Gaerne Balance Oiled. I have wide feet and big calves. The boots were comfortable right out of the box.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #62603
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
but my Sidi Crossfires are pretty adjustable. (should be for $600)
Yup, the Crossfires fit my 21" calves, knee pads, and socks no problem. One of the few boots that has the extra calf adjustment.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #62604
shaddix
Banned

Oddometer: 647
carb jetting Q

Hey guys! I looked at my spark plugs today and they were black. So going by this guide it says to run it at full throttle and check to see if they're black or white or tan as a first step to determining jetting needs. Now considering that my plugs are already black, will that mean that if it's too lean at full throttle they won't be white? Do I need to clean the plugs first before I test for lean/rich mixture?

Thanks!
shaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #62605
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
Hey guys! I looked at my spark plugs today and they were black. So going by this guide it says to run it at full throttle and check to see if they're black or white or tan as a first step to determining jetting needs. Now considering that my plugs are already black, will that mean that if it's too lean at full throttle they won't be white? Do I need to clean the plugs first before I test for lean/rich mixture?

Thanks!
How old is your bike and how many miles? What's your gas mileage, has it gotten worse? If you've had the bike for a while the jetting may be fine. The two o-rings in the carb may be failing causing a rich mixture at all throttle settings. We spend most of our time on the needle circuit, so this would be the one start with. Since the USA bikes don't have an adjustable needle, you can't drop the needle one clip. This means that I'd check the needle for wear (smaller diameter would flow more gas) and check the needle jet for 'ovaling', another wear point on some bikes (larger hole, more fuel).

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #62606
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 1,408
Plugs should be a grey color, reminds me of graphite.

Sent from my GT-S5690L using Tapatalk
sagedrifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #62607
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
A+ to Procycle jet kit.

I installed my PC jetting kit with air box mod and drilled slide, installed a WR450R stock muffler (custom fit) with insert removed a couple weeks ago. Rode it yesterday over back-roads, gravel and some highway. Runs great. Fuel mileage was 53.8 mpg.
Potosi Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #62608
sandwash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,193
Tunning by spark plug color is alittle tougher these days,gas burns alot cleaner.Google it,alot different these days:arc(where,timming),) on eletrode,color (how many,heat range) on threads and the color on the base(inside,wide open) of the insolator.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #62609
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddix View Post

Thanks!
You are running too Rich. Forget about Full throttle and all that. Black plugs means you are WAY on the rich side and wasting lots of fuel. After you solve the puzzle ... treat your self to NEW PLUGS.

What is your current jetting? (untouched from new?)
What is current altitude?
What air box configuration do you have? (Stock, modified ... or ?)
What exhaust? Stock or other?

An older/high mileage bike could have worn O rings (in float bowl, in float needle) Or could be restriction in air box or non stock Jets, clogged jet, torn rubber diaphragm, fuel or air leak.

Many put in a bigger (richer) Pilot jet. This is wrong. For the stock carb in almost any tuning configuration, the stock Pilot Jet is retained.

A totally stock DR650 will run very very lean. Plugs will be nearly White no matter the throttle opening. This is how the bike was meant to run to pass EPA and such. A Dyno Jet needle/Jet kit will let the Carb be the best it can be and still get decent fuel economy.

I would remove the Carb. Replace the nasty Phillips screws holding float bowl on with Allen head screws. Work slowly and carefully. Choke and Throttle cables come off. All vent hose removed, put out of way. Take Pics so you know how it all goes back.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #62610
Aerocycle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
My new boots are Gaerne Balance Oiled. I have wide feet and big calves. The boots were comfortable right out of the box.

Beautiful!!!
Aerocycle is offline   Reply With Quote