ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
DS ride sunday

anyone up to anything sunday? I think the wife is working and the DRZ might need additional "quality time"....

das rider? Tony?

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:00 AM   #2
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Sound Rider is doing a ride from the South end of Hood Canal to the South end of Lake Wynoochee and back. Meet at the Chevron on the Skokomish reservation at 9:00 a.m. (located at the corner of Hwy 101 and Reservation Road) -- steady rain cancels the ride. Route is approx. 48 miles each way. 100 mile fuel range required. Pack a lunch.
CascadeThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:50 AM   #3
toothy
Grin

Oddometer: 14,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeThumper
Sound Rider is doing a ride from the South end of Hood Canal to the South end of Lake Wynoochee and back. Meet at the Chevron on the Skokomish reservation at 9:00 a.m. (located at the corner of Hwy 101 and Reservation Road) -- steady rain cancels the ride. Route is approx. 48 miles each way. 100 mile fuel range required. Pack a lunch.
Thats South of Quilcene? Which ferry an time you gonna take?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:44 AM   #4
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeThumper

Thanks for the info,

Cheers

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:03 PM   #5
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer

Well, I think I'll go for the Seattle to Bremerton 7:35 a.m. Sunday sailing.
It's cuts the 9:00 a.m. Sound Rider departure kinda close, but I'll email Tom and tell him to hang on a bit for the sailors.
Note that this is the first day of the Fall ferry schedule

Seattle / Bremerton -- depart Seattle at either 6:00 a.m. or 7:35 a.m. Sunday (9-18-2005) --- 60 minute ferry ride --- Distance (Bremerton to Potlatch = approx 40 miles -- Time = approx 60 minutes.

Follow 304 South from the ferry and join Hwy 3, south to 106 and on to the Skokomish Reservation

Edmonds / Kingston Ferry -- depart Edmonds at 7:10 a.m. Sunday (9-18-05) --- 30 minute ferry ride

Take 104 East from Kingston, join up with 101 and go South. Distance (Kinston to Potlatch = approx 70 miles -- Time = approx 100 minutes

Maybe the Hwy 101 route would make a nice return trip.

Anyone have alternate suggestions or input?

Further NOTE: this should be a great ride, if you have checked your maps you'll see that Wynoochee Lake is roughly due West of the Skokomish Reservation and the Potlatch State Park. It looks like magnificent riding in the Olympic foothills with a backdrop of Stovepipe Mtn and Moonlight Dome on Humptulips Ridge and Colonel Bob Wilderness in the distance. Who could resist?

Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #6
toothy
Grin

Oddometer: 14,173
What kind of tires do you have on? Avon Gripsters?
Old 09-17-2005, 05:37 AM   #7
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer

At the moment, I'm running Dunlop D606s. They are a little noisy on pavement, but nice on gravel....this area has some interesting possibilities for side trips, too, if you check out a TOPO map. It's an area that I have not wandered through despite all my years in the Great NorthWet. So I'm looking forward to seeing something new, with the potential for lots of additional exploration.