User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #31
dsrydr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
800/650GS stator

Are you looking into whether you can build a replacement stator for the BMW f800. Many reports of stator failure from excessive heat.
dsrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #32
wmfleet2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 766
dr 650

any for the weak stator dr 650
wmfleet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #33
TonyKZ1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 646
Kawasaki Ninja 250? More Specifically 1988-2007? If it helps any here's a link to the info on the Ninja 250 site concerning the original stator's output power vs. rpm compared to some aftermarket ones.. I've installed the ESG110 from Electrosport some time ago and it helped quite a bit with powering heated gear in the wintertime, however it's died since then so I've went back to the original stator.
Thanks, Tony
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #34
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrydr View Post
Are you looking into whether you can build a replacement stator for the BMW f800. Many reports of stator failure from excessive heat.
I've had others ask about this. It's on my list of requests. No idea on time frame right now, but I will update here when I look into this.
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #35
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmfleet2 View Post
any for the weak stator dr 650
I have a good OEM stator to start my design off of, I'm working with ProCycle in Oregon. Great guys there, they sell alot of DR stuff. I will have one for the DR hopefully late this year, if not early next.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #36
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyKZ1 View Post
Kawasaki Ninja 250? More Specifically 1988-2007? If it helps any here's a link to the info on the Ninja 250 site concerning the original stator's output power vs. rpm compared to some aftermarket ones.. I've installed the ESG110 from Electrosport some time ago and it helped quite a bit with powering heated gear in the wintertime, however it's died since then so I've went back to the original stator.
Thanks, Tony
I've had requests for this, and will definitely look into producing a Ninja 250 stator. Any chance you have the old Electrosport stator still lying around? I'd like to have one that fits the Ninjas to get physical measurements to build my CAD drawing for the tooling. It looks pretty similar to another die I already have made, I might already have something in the right diameter & mounting hole size/pattern. If that dead ES stator is laying around, I'd pay shipping to get it so I can double check fitment and size. PM if so. I'll also give you a new one from production for your help, when they're available.

Also, on the Ninja 250 front....we just started carrying Koso's full line of gauges. We've got a killer plug & play bundle for all years of the 250. It's a killer Koso RX-2 or RX-2N multi-function computer, mounting bracket, and direct PnP wiring harness to swap over the whole Koso setup on your bike. I think these are awesome and will be hot sellers once we start advertising them.
You can see the kit here:
http://racetechelectric.com/i-857927...-250-250r.html

http://racetechelectric.com/i-857918...-250-250r.html

Thoughts?
Evan
Old 04-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #37
TonyKZ1
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingfastsd View Post
I've had requests for this, and will definitely look into producing a Ninja 250 stator. Any chance you have the old Electrosport stator still lying around? I'd like to have one that fits the Ninjas to get physical measurements to build my CAD drawing for the tooling. It looks pretty similar to another die I already have made, I might already have something in the right diameter & mounting hole size/pattern. If that dead ES stator is laying around, I'd pay shipping to get it so I can double check fitment and size. PM if so. I'll also give you a new one from production for your help, when they're available.

Also, on the Ninja 250 front....we just started carrying Koso's full line of gauges. We've got a killer plug & play bundle for all years of the 250. It's a killer Koso RX-2 or RX-2N multi-function computer, mounting bracket, and direct PnP wiring harness to swap over the whole Koso setup on your bike. I think these are awesome and will be hot sellers once we start advertising them.
You can see the kit here:
http://racetechelectric.com/i-857927...-250-250r.html

http://racetechelectric.com/i-857918...-250-250r.html

Thoughts?
Evan
Those Gauges look very nice! You might want to say something about those over on the Ninja 250 sites, link and link as more than a few people have replaced their instruments with something else, and those look much better than any I've seen. I've replaced mine too but stayed with the original ones. I'd be glad to send the old ES one to you, have to make sure I've still got it though and then I'll get it sent to you.
Thanks, Tony
Old 04-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #38
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
I've had others ask about this. It's on my list of requests. No idea on time frame right now, but I will update here when I look into this.
My understanding of these things is limited but from the threads regarding the RR and Stator it seems some issues with the longevity of the stator could be fixed by changing the RR to put out more voltage and/or better cooling on the RR. Does not fix the toasted stators but helps prevent future frying at the loss of some wattage.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #39
TonyKZ1
Studly Adventurer

I've got it boxed and ready to ship, just let me know where to send it to.
Thanks, Tony

Quote:
Thoughts?
Evan
Old 04-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #40
hahmule
Balding Gloriously

Oddometer: 591
Wee/Vstromer

Strom riders are always looking for more watts. There is a lot of forum space dedicated to this topic. We tend to have a lot of gear and gadgets that draw power. The current systems are good for about 400 watts. Just enough to run the lights and a full set of heated gear at night. No way it will run two sets of heated gear. My Triumphs had 640 watt Nippondenso systems, and that seemed to be plenty. I always wondered why no one could swap out one Japanese charging system for another. An aftermarket supplier came up with a stator with a little more output, not a lot more, but the reliability fell off considerably. I've forgotten the name of the supplier, but currently, not many are doing the upgrade because the trade off between a few extra watts and declining reliability is unfavorable.

Suffice it to say, if you provide the watts, reliably, we'll supply the gadgets!

PS I looked at the new Bandit 1200, a great budget touring bike, guess how many watts? 400 Arggghh!

Better to be a fast mule than a slow race horse.
hahmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #41
SAS Mayhem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Is there anything on the drawing board for a 96-06 Kawasaaki Concours which I belief is the same as a 90-01 Ninja ZX-11? The only upgrade to our system is installing (after simple wiring) a ZR1200 alternator almost impossible to find even on e-bay. If not on the drawing boad what is a realistic time line "if" you got a 100 ppl that would but in on one?

Cheers
Ron

SAS Mayhem screwed with this post 04-13-2012 at 11:24 PM
SAS Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:09 AM   #42
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
+1 for an F800GS stator
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #43
Rescue Wagon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Never heard back on the Kawasaki VN900.....I'd be willing to buy a used one and send it to you if it would help you develop one.

Let me know.
Rescue Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #44
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyKZ1 View Post
I've got it boxed and ready to ship, just let me know where to send it to.
Thanks, Tony
Tony,
Sorry I never posted back on here. We've been super busy! I received your stator. Thank you very much for sending it over.
It is on my list of projects, and we will be developing a nice high output model as soon as possible. Thanks again!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #45
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS Mayhem View Post
Is there anything on the drawing board for a 96-06 Kawasaaki Concours which I belief is the same as a 90-01 Ninja ZX-11? The only upgrade to our system is installing (after simple wiring) a ZR1200 alternator almost impossible to find even on e-bay. If not on the drawing boad what is a realistic time line "if" you got a 100 ppl that would but in on one?

Cheers
Ron
Hey Ron,
Sorry for the delayed reply. I've already got your solution for the Concours. Keep the stock alternator. It is powerful & reliable. We currently make a replacement solid state IC regulator for that alternator. It works perfectly, has a higher regulation point than the original, is half the price of any other option, and is super easy to install.
Check it out!

http://racetechelectric.com/i-858610...regulator.html

Also, I made a YouTube video showing how to install the regulator, on my 1985 Yamaha FJ1100, which uses the exact same Nippon-Denso alternator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04_ymsJO_84

Also, we will do stators for both size V-Stroms in the future. I already have those on my R&D list, I just don't have a timeframe for development yet.

As far as new parts goes, I am willing to develop ANYTHING if there is a market for it. I'd have to run the numbers depending on the part, and how much tooling I will need to build, but if I can presell enough of a particular part to cover my development costs, I will build anything at RaceTech Electric you guys want.
For the most part, I'll need about $1000 in preorders to cover the production run. So I'd need to sell roughly 10 of a particular stator to do so. Keep that in mind if any of you guys want something that is not available anywhere else. I will do it, if you can get together 10 guys to pre-pay for their orders.

Evan