|04-10-2012, 11:17 PM||#1|
Joined: Mar 2012
Pimp's Rowdy 150
Hi. I'm new to scooting, This is my first scooter. I've ridden a bicycle for almost 30 years, and I've ridden a friend's motorcyle once, but that's about all my 2-wheel experience.
I ordered my Rowdy from Motobuys and after some waiting for customs, and some headaches with Conway Freight (totally unprofessional), it arrived today. It comes with some tools, but I strongly recommend getting your own. I'm not gonna make a list, just have a decent toolbox handy. My bike was supposed to come with a free half-helmet, but that didn't happen. I have to sort that out later.
Here's my makeshift PDI:
There she is still on the crate. I only removed the cardboard. I noticed immediately that the bike was damaged. I also noticed immediately that it wasn't the color I wanted. I wanted black as my first option, but I guess they ran out. So red was my second option, and that's what I got. It's not bad.
Some gorilla Donkey Kong smashed the crate in transit, cracking the left side panel. That or someone didn't tie it down. Motobuys says they'll send a replacement for the damaged parts and file a claim with Conway Freight.
Removing one of these things from the crate is not as easy as suggested. Sure, the bolts some off easy, but then the clothes hangers used to cinch the wheels down must have been tied into a knot by some machine. Those were a bear to remove. Then I was reminded of how weak I am when I struggled to roll the bike forward and over the support rail that was holding up the large bike stand. There she is, free of the cage. I attached the handlebars and removed plastics.
Panels removed, and ready for the inspection. I have to warn that part of my problem with Conway was they were late. 1 day and 3 hours late, to be exact. So, I didn't get very meticulous. I performed a thorough scan of all hoses and wires to make sure they weren't pinched or loose. I have 1/4" fuel hose, and ordered 3/16" vacuum hose. I'll replace everything by the end of the month. With daylight burning, I decided to focus on fluids.
I'm not fancy, but I have a photographic memory. So I usually just lay bolts and screws with their associated body parts and rely on memory for their placement on said pieces. This did give me a few fits as the panels have to go on in a certain order. Photographic memory doesn't help with sequencing.
This is what it looks like under the seat. A battery compartment that I'll probably also use for registration and other paperwork. Here's my first real complaint about this bike. The lock on the seat is crap. It locks when you don't want it to and won't lock when you need it to. Something's fouling the operation of the lock, so I need to take a closer look and fix it. The operation of the seat adjustment took a lot of effort, at first, but operates smoothly. It was well greased. The seat feels solid, though I need to adjust it and the handlebars, still.
Closer look with the panels off.
My second complaint. This storage box is a piece of junk. Mine came misshapen, and refuses to stay locked. I'm keeping my disc lock alarm in there, and it's driving my nuts everytime it opens up after I hit a bump. I'm also gonna have to go in and fix this. There's enough space for a small set of tools and my lock alarm. You can probably fit a chain lock in there too. Not much else. I'm not putting any money on it being waterproof, but I'm gonna use it anyway.
Not a lot of shots of the rear wheel and brakes online. I thought I'd take some.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|