ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #47296
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
If I had been on anything but my 300 EXC (which was very water tight) I`m sure I would still be there pumping water or worse yet,I might have drown.
What year was your 300? My '05 tried to suck water in right after the pegs went under. My '97 400RXC was my deep water champ; as long as the seat didn't go under, she'd keep on runnning.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #47297
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
What year was your 300? My '05 tried to suck water in right after the pegs went under. My '97 400RXC was my deep water champ; as long as the seat didn't go under, she'd keep on runnning.
I had a lot of them,all colors,white,teal.orange. The best one I ever had was the 1995 you couldn`t beat the front forks. The air box on the EXC was almost completely closed but still was able to get air. I also always did a "Tee Mod" on the carb hoses so that when they were below water they did not air lock....also worked well for freezing weather too.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #47298
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,655
Omta

Just a heads up, this weekend is the general membership meeting for Ohio Motorized Trails Association. For those of you living totally under a rock, OMTA is your state off road association. We work to keep the trails open and da man off your back. Everything from maintaining the website to working on legislative action is done by your fellow riders who volunteer their time, because someone has to do it. So, if you have nothing better to do, join us at the AMA Hall of Fame & Museum in Pickerington Ohio (east of Columbus) at 11am THIS SUNDAY. Topics of discussion will include the new trail project underway on ODNR property, and upcoming legislation to provide a grant mechanism for clubs to access $$$ from the State Recreational Vehicle fund. You will even get to meet yours truly.

*Edit* Bob, thanks for letting me know I forgot the DAY of the meeting!

muddyrabbit screwed with this post 04-12-2012 at 06:40 AM
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #47299
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Just a heads up, this weekend is the general membership meeting for Ohio Motorized Trails Association. For those of you living totally under a rock, OMTA is your state off road association. We work to keep the trails open and da man off your back. Everything from maintaining the website to working on legislative action is done by your fellow riders who volunteer their time, because someone has to do it. So, if you have nothing better to do, join us at the AMA Hall of Fame & Museum in Pickerington Ohio (east of Columbus) at 11am. Topics of discussion will include the new trail project underway on ODNR property, and upcoming legislation to provide a grant mechanism for clubs to access $$$ from the State Recreational Vehicle fund. You will even get to meet yours truly.
Thanks for the work and the heads-up.

Saturday, Sunday or both days?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #47300
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
...the new trail project underway on ODNR property
That the one at Burr Oak?
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #47301
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,977
It's not too often you find out you have a legend in your own back yard.

Last weekend GCMK's bike got damaged when she found out the previous owner had stuffed a 1/2" drain plug into a 12mm hole and ruined the threads.

I brought the beast home in an attempt to repair it. I knew this guy had a machine shop and used to race speedway bikes. Rumor was he won a national championship doing so.

I met the guy and his name is Scotty Brown. He loaned me without hesitation the taps to repair GCMK's bike. I asked him how far up the rankings he made it in speedway. He said he only made it to 7th in points and as high as 4th in races, never a podium. To me that's still pretty damn good!

The he said he did win the National ice racing championships AND the World Ice Racing Championships! His shop is only a short walk down the street, I pass it all the time, it's in the basement of a vintage commercial building from an era gone by and full of vintage speedway parts and such. He also had a KX250 smoker, FT500 Ascot and a Goldwing.

So if you ever need a gas tank or a 60 tooth 520 sprocket for your Jawa, I can hook you up!

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #47302
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
It's not too often you find out you have a legend in your own back yard.

Last weekend GCMK's bike got damaged when she found out the previous owner had stuffed a 1/2" drain plug into a 12mm hole and ruined the threads.

I brought the beast home in an attempt to repair it. I knew this guy had a machine shop and used to race speedway bikes. Rumor was he won a national championship doing so.

I met the guy and his name is Scotty Brown. He loaned me without hesitation the taps to repair GCMK's bike. I asked him how far up the rankings he made it in speedway. He said he only made it to 7th in points and as high as 4th in races, never a podium. To me that's still pretty damn good!

The he said he did win the National ice racing championships AND the World Ice Racing Championships! His shop is only a short walk down the street, I pass it all the time, it's in the basement of a vintage commercial building from an era gone by and full of vintage speedway parts and such. He also had a KX250 smoker, FT500 Ascot and a Goldwing.

So if you ever need a gas tank or a 60 tooth 520 sprocket for your Jawa, I can hook you up!

Cool, I love speedway racing, don't know why it isn't more popular here. I used to go all the time when I was stationed in SoCal back in the early 80's
GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #47303
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,508
Honda is gunning for the BMW adventure market:

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...%20se%2012.htm

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #47304
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,040
More old footage from 2008 when the Cavemen decided to play host to the visitors at BYOB. Notice all the people from out of town here? Was it something we said? Love these old files and hope some of my good friends get a kick out of seeing them again.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #47305
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
More old footage from 2008 when the Cavemen decided to play host to the visitors at BYOB. Notice all the people from out of town here? Was it something we said? Love these old files and hope some of my good friends get a kick out of seeing them again.

lol, why don't you just take the bridge?
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #47306
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
lol, why don't you just take the bridge?
Like I said, "I was such a Noob".
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #47307
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Anybody have a moto hitch hauler they want to get rid of?
Call me

Fuck Jesse V
In his ass
With a chainsaw
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #47308
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,053
Sunday is my window for a mt bike ride. Tim Craig?

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #47309
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch;[URL="tel:18436115"
18436115[/URL]]That the one at Burr Oak?
Yes it is! Let me tell you it has taken MANY years of work to get ODNR to the point where they would consider a project like that. To see it finally starting to happen makes many of us feel that the time and effort has been worth it. OMTA President Bill K. (inmate Buckeye Dualsporter) will have more info to share at the meeting about the status of the project. He attended a riding tour/meeting of Burr Oak with senior ODNR officials 2 weeks ago. I know it is hard to believe that ODNR is working on a public trail project with a meaningful amount of trails miles; and even I with inside knowledge of the project still have a slightly skeptical "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude, but this is happening!
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #47310
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krMPA...layer_embedded

No thanks, I'll just hike in and out.