Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
lake_harley OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 656
Official FZ6 Thread

I started this thread initially because of my enthusiasm after buying my FZ6. Shortly after starting the thread I thought it would be nice to have an "Official FZ6 Thread", so following a quick PM to GB, the moderator, he changed the title to reflect that new title.....Thanks GB! It sounded like at some point it may get merged with other FZ6 threads, so there's one depository for FZ6 enthusiasts and information about the bike. With that said and added today, 4/17/2012, I'll welcome you to the Official FZ6 Thread! Enjoy!

*The original post*......I Just picked up a 2005 FZ6 today. Found it this AM on craigslist, e-mailed right away (no phone number in ad), talked to the owner when he responded to my e-mail and bought it, all in about 7 Hrs. after his listing went up on CL. I was in such a hurry to leave to go look at the bike I got about 1 1/2 miles from my house and had to turn around and go back because I had left without the trailer . The seller said I beat the 2nd responder to the ad by about 20 minutes and he intended to go through them as received. It was a GOOD day!

Over the last 6 years, I've had 17 or 18 bikes of all sizes, and in all sorts of condition. I think this bike will be with me for a while! It has "ride me in the Rockies" written all over it! I've been looking for a bike worthy of hanging my Cortech soft bags and tailbag over and taking them for some quality solo-touring time for quite a while and think THIS is the bike. It has fresh Michelin Pilot Power tires, new chain and sprocket(s) and less than 1K miles since a valve clearance check. I'll go through and check some things on the bike, make sure it has fresh oil and filter, just to be on the safe side, flush the brakes with fresh fluid and I'll be ready to ride!

So far I only rode it around the sellers neighborhood and then only barely fast enough to get it all the way up to 6th gear. I loved the feel of the bike. It did tight U-turns with the ease of a bicycle. It currently has 1" risers on the bars, but think I'll like it even better with the bars dropped back down to stock.

I feel like a kid again, even at 59 years old! Since it didn't really happen if there aren't any pictures I'll get some posted up in the next day or two.

Lynn

lake_harley screwed with this post 04-17-2012 at 10:46 AM
lake_harley is online now   Reply With Quote