User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
GSSwede OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Question Storing my bike

Thinking of store my bike in Mexico City From end april to end of sept. Got a safe place for it.
But what about the custom. Entering Mexico on the bike but leaving whitout the bike.
Coming back 5 months later, jump on the bike, and start driving south.................
For how long time can you drive around in Mexico ??
GSSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,474
Just to follow up on our conversation:

The FMM tourist visa and TVIP are issued for 180 days. You must return with the vehicle and TVIP to a Banjercito office to cancel the TVIP before the expiration date or you will forfeit the $400 deposit. Failing to cancel a TVIP, whether expired or not, will prevent you from acquiring a TVIP in the future.

When you fly out of Mexico your FMM tourist visa will be cancelled and your passport stamped. But keep your TVIP. I would not even present it to anyone when leaving Mexico. When you return you will be issued a new FMM which you will cancel with Mexican Migración when you leave for Guatemala. At this time you will turn in the TVIP at the Banjercito office and receive a receipt. If you do so before the TVIP expiration date you will get your $400 deposit refunded.

Since you will be returning to Mexico on a new passport be sure to carry your old passport as well since the TVIP is associated with your passport number.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul

SchizzMan screwed with this post 04-12-2012 at 11:17 PM
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote