ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #871
Ccino
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Dunedin, NZ.
Oddometer: 33
Progress

Put my beaten-up old Fantic 307 in the van and went up to replanted forestry area and took on some climbs, and drops. A little creek, and some tracks that have been ripped up by dickheads in 4WDs. A few bits where you're riding blind (long grass), and had a great time for coupla hours. Sweated and groaned, dabbed a lot, and smiled a whole lot more.
Enjoy the Easter break.
Ccino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #872
buls4evr
No Marks....
 
buls4evr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Michissippi & Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 2,318
Unscrewed the sparkplug and put a little fogging oil in the cylinder again this year. Kicked it over a few times to circulate into ports and seals and move the bearings around. A real shame but this is the end result of the demise of vintage trials in this immediate area.Two years since it ran last and only 3 yrs since a B&J stroker rebuild on this KT255. I should just sell it.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #873
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Unscrewed the sparkplug and put a little fogging oil in the cylinder again this year. Kicked it over a few times to circulate into ports and seals and move the bearings around. A real shame but this is the end result of the demise of vintage trials in this immediate area.Two years since it ran last and only 3 yrs since a B&J stroker rebuild on this KT255. I should just sell it.

Now I really hate to hear that.

You COULD drag it down here and ride with me and Lineaway in NMTA's new Twinshock class. You would be welcome!
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.
brewtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #874
DrKayak
Retro Rider
 
DrKayak's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Shingle Springs CA
Oddometer: 748
I rode around the backyard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dSWygyufZ6g

__________________
2011 690 Enduro R
2013 Beta Evo
07 450 EXC
04 FZ1
DrKayak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:27 AM   #875
andyhb
Adventurer
 
andyhb's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Perth
Oddometer: 74
Some pics from trials down under!

[url]http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJS-Moto-Trials-Club-WA/
__________________
Gas Gas 280 Factory Racing
andyhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #876
buls4evr
No Marks....
 
buls4evr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Michissippi & Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
Now I really hate to hear that.

You COULD drag it down here and ride with me and Lineaway in NMTA's new Twinshock class. You would be welcome!

Chris since I started riding ADV/DS bikes I have not used the trials bike. I think I see a correlation here. See what I have been doing on nmdualsport.org . Biggest thing has been the demise of any Eastern component of vintage trials from AHRMA or ITSA anywhere near me. It is a shame that this beautiful running and very competitive bike just sits there gathering dust. I should bring it down all right....to sell it.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #877
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End
 
NMTrailboss's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 5,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
See what I have been doing on nmdualsport.org . .
I'm on that site as well, but don't see you there. What user name do you use there?
__________________
NMTrailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #878
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Chris since I started riding ADV/DS bikes I have not used the trials bike. I think I see a correlation here. See what I have been doing on nmdualsport.org .
Funny thing, since I've discovered Trials my dual-sports (along with 10 other bikes) have sat around gathering dust. All in the perspective I guess.




Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Biggest thing has been the demise of any Eastern component of vintage trials from AHRMA or ITSA anywhere near me. It is a shame that this beautiful running and very competitive bike just sits there gathering dust. I should bring it down all right....to sell it.
Camp and ride with us first, then reconsider. We can be pretty persuasive.
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.
brewtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #879
buls4evr
No Marks....
 
buls4evr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Michissippi & Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post
I'm on that site as well, but don't see you there. What user name do you use there?
I use my real name on there. Just posted on the Mogollon to Beaverhead ride report. You need to do that ride with those guys NMTrailboss.....and take Brutus with you to get him re-aquainted with those DS bikes
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #880
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End
 
NMTrailboss's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 5,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
I use my real name on there. Just posted on the Mogollon to Beaverhead ride report. You need to do that ride with those guys NMTrailboss.....and take Brutus with you to get him re-aquainted with those DS bikes
Ha! I just read that report a little bit ago! Awesome ride! I've done that route and variations of it many times...love that part of the Gila.
Brewtus used to ride DS with me a lot several years ago, but alas...I got him addicted to the trials bug and now he lets his other bikes collect dust. Can't get him out anymore it seems. Doomed to a life of twin shocking a Reflex!

Brewtus and I DSing Moab circa 2007


This is obviously pre-trials!



Brewtus in Jemez - 2007



Brewtus in Valle Vidal - 2008



Sorry to pick on you Chris...just trying to guilt you into cleaning the carb. on the XR!!

BTW...we riding this Sunday or what?
__________________
NMTrailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #881
brianjonesphoto
Single Track Noob
 
brianjonesphoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: The Brier Patch, WA
Oddometer: 1,555
a couple shots from my solo ride last monday.



__________________
Brian
Mine: 07 DL650 ABS, 99 DR350SEx, 05 Montesa 4RT Her's: 02 KL250 Super Sherpa

www.PhotoSupportNW.com

brianjonesphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #882
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post
Ha! I just read that report a little bit ago! Awesome ride! I've done that route and variations of it many times...love that part of the Gila.
Brewtus used to ride DS with me a lot several years ago, but alas...I got him addicted to the trials bug and now he lets his other bikes collect dust. Can't get him out anymore it seems. Doomed to a life of twin shocking a Reflex!

Brewtus and I DSing Moab circa 2007




Brewtus in Valle Vidal - 2008



Sorry to pick on you Chris...just trying to guilt you into cleaning the carb. on the XR!!

BTW...we riding this Sunday or what?

Funny you should post that. I discovered my XR600 under a cover in my back porch yesterday. I wondered where it had gotten off to. I also discovered the original fuel tank to that Tiger right beside it.


One Sea-Foamed XR600R carb, coming up! And yes, plans are for riding Sunday. Trials riding.....
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.
brewtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #883
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End
 
NMTrailboss's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 5,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
Funny you should post that. I discovered my XR600 under a cover in my back porch yesterday. I wondered where it had gotten off to. I also discovered the original fuel tank to that Tiger right beside it.


One Sea-Foamed XR600R carb, coming up! And yes, plans are for riding Sunday. Trials riding.....
...and flattrack tonight, no?
__________________
NMTrailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #884
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer
 
tilliejacques's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: northern New Mexico
Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post
Brewtus and I DSing Moab circa 2007

Wow, that dual-sportin' Brewtus was only the half the man he is today!








Though, to be fair, please note that I'm twice the woman I was when I first rode trials in 1993....

cheers
__________________
11 Husky TE250
08 Beta Rev3 125
tilliejacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #885
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End
 
NMTrailboss's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 5,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilliejacques View Post
Wow, that dual-sportin' Brewtus was only the half the man he is today!


I think he's just sucking his gut in for the photo!
__________________
NMTrailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014