Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #811
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejedeye View Post
On intercom, before and now after the update to V4 on two units and we get a drop also.
One push does not reconnect, it may take several minuets to.
One unit is paired with an iphone the other is not.
Now, that doesn't seem 'normal'. Please give Sena a call on 866.887.7362 option 2, during California business hours and see if Dan or Pedro have any insight.

Then, let us know if there's something we need to do from the Rocket Moto side.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #812
argentcorvid
Some Guy

Oddometer: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
could you give us a quick rundown of what's different from the 10?

- mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by argentcorvid View Post
answered upthread in post #721
argentcorvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #813
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by argentcorvid View Post
Missed it before, thanks,

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #814
O'Ren
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Just wanted to give some feedback after almost a year of usage. So far the pair is working GREAT. I can't ride without them.
Been through HEAVY south east asian downpour with the Sena, and it didn't even blink wrong.
Went touring on super dusty roads (I can still find that sticky red dust under the "hood" of the bike to this date), and the Sena never stopped performing.

Had a bit of trouble with the auto-pickup for phone calls and to initiate communication between the two sets, but ended up switching the feature off and doing everything manually. Not sure if due to me not setting it up correctly, or to the iPhone. Will give that feature a try again now that I ride mostly to commute again and I'm not touring so much during the week.

All in all, Adam's service was flawless (And I dont live next door...) and the product is so far performing much better than the BlueAnt set which gave up on us a few months after getting it.
O'Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #815
chrisinmo
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Thanks for the group buy Adam. I've been a lurker here for around 2 years since I ride a cruiser and don't have much to contribute but read gear reviews here. and finally registered to join the Sena group buy. Fantastic customer service from RocketMoto and fast shipping. I ordered Monday received them Wednesday and installed them into helmets that evening. Plan to give the features a test on a 300 mile ride Sat. Thanks again!

4/29 update.
I have had the chance to use the Senas on a couple of weekend rides now as well as day to day on my commute to work. If anyone is on the fence about ordering these for music and intercom my advice is DO IT! Easily one of the best motorcycle accessories I have ever purchased.

chrisinmo screwed with this post 04-29-2012 at 01:48 PM
chrisinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #816
excTC
Carbon Ktm lifeform

Oddometer: 164
Question Group riding with sena

Adam or others a group of us are interested in the sena for mainly the intercom and if you can help with a few queries would be appreciated.
If you use the intercom feature then maximum no is 4?
If say 4 riders want to communicate do you have to pair all the sets?
If you add the radio hub and radio is that likely to be better for inter bike comms?
With the radio hub do you need to use the push to talk button.
For the arai xd3 helmet can you use a cable mike and would this be better than a boom mike?
Can you pm your pricing for the Smh10 and sr10 or do I need to call or fax?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #817
sonic578
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by excTC View Post
Adam or others a group of us are interested in the sena for mainly the intercom and if you can help with a few queries would be appreciated.
If you add the radio hub and radio is that likely to be better for inter bike comms?
For the arai xd3 helmet can you use a cable mike and would this be better than a boom mike?
Just an FYI, I posted similar query in the other Sena thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1375

No response there yet, but another place to keep tabs on.
Corvette Manuals for sale
sonic578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #818
Emanuele
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Adam,

I'd like to buy a Sena SMH10. Sent you an email today and hope you got it.

Thank you,
E.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #819
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic578 View Post
Just an FYI, I posted similar query in the other Sena thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1375

No response there yet, but another place to keep tabs on.
Yes - maximum of a 4-way conference, in that 4 headsets can be paired together in a group and you can all talk in 'full-duplex'.

Yes, you have to pair all four.

I think so. This way you're not limited to a group of four headsets, you'll get better bike-to-bike range, depending on the 2-way radio and antenna you have, and you can talk with riders that don't have Sena headsets.

Yes, and it's included with the SR10 hub kit.

For the XD3, you can do either. If you have two finger's space from your mouth to the chinbar, you can go with the clamp kit/boom mic that is included with the kit. The XD3 is a very noisy helmet and you may need to block off the chinbar air vent with a piece of tape or soft Velcro.

PM'ing you now.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 AM   #820
PDsgt
Realistic about life

Oddometer: 304
Voice activation?

Yesterday I started my ride, and for some reason my unit kept shutting off my busic through my iphone. After about 10 miles of being frustrated, I finally shut it off. The music would go into pause, and I would get a series of beeps, before the unit would finally shut itself down. Spent another 20 miles thinking about where all my packaging stuff was, so I could send it back. Then realized that the boom mic was not tucked into the helmet, as I was riding alone and not talking to anyone.

Tucked boom mic into full faced helmet, turned unit back on and worked as designed. I blew into the mic and low and behold, kicked music into pause again. So it seems that I have somehow turned on the voice activation mode.

I went to the instruction manual when I got home, and tried to figure out how to turn that off, but either I am not very smart, or the instructions are a little vague. Can someone tell me the best way to deactivate the voice activation on this thing?

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #821
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

How to disable VOX mode on Sena SMH10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDsgt View Post
Yesterday I started my ride, and for some reason my unit kept shutting off my busic through my iphone. After about 10 miles of being frustrated, I finally shut it off. The music would go into pause, and I would get a series of beeps, before the unit would finally shut itself down. Spent another 20 miles thinking about where all my packaging stuff was, so I could send it back. Then realized that the boom mic was not tucked into the helmet, as I was riding alone and not talking to anyone.

Tucked boom mic into full faced helmet, turned unit back on and worked as designed. I blew into the mic and low and behold, kicked music into pause again. So it seems that I have somehow turned on the voice activation mode.

I went to the instruction manual when I got home, and tried to figure out how to turn that off, but either I am not very smart, or the instructions are a little vague. Can someone tell me the best way to deactivate the voice activation on this thing?

Thanks for any help.
Yup - the manual is not all that clear on this - used to be simpler before the voice prompt menus. From the manual with some tweaks by me...

• To enter into voice configuration menu, press and hold the Jog Dial for 12 seconds until the LED shows solid blue and you hear high tone double beeps. You will also hear a voice prompt saying “Configuration menu”.
  • Rotate the Jog Dial clockwise or counter-clockwise to navigate between the menus. You will hear voice prompts for each menu items, until you hear "VOX intercom"
  • You can enable VOX by tapping the Phone Button, or disable VOX by tapping the Jog Dial.
  • If any button is not pressed within 10 seconds, the SMH10 will exit the configuration and goes back to stand-by.
  • If you want to exit the configuration immediately, rotate the Jog Dial until you hear a voice prompt, “Exit configuration”, and tap the Phone Button.
Hope that helps.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 04-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #822
PDsgt
Realistic about life

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Yup - the manual is not all that clear on this - used to be simpler before the voice prompt menus. From the manual with some tweaks by me...

• To enter into voice configuration menu, press and hold the Jog Dial for 12 seconds until the LED shows solid blue and you hear high tone double beeps. You will also hear a voice prompt saying “Configuration menu”.
  • Rotate the Jog Dial clockwise or counter-clockwise to navigate between the menus. You will hear voice prompts for each menu items, until you hear "VOX intercom"
  • You can enable VOX by tapping the Phone Button, or disable VOX by tapping the Jog Dial.
  • If any button is not pressed within 10 seconds, the SMH10 will exit the configuration and goes back to stand-by.
  • If you want to exit the configuration immediately, rotate the Jog Dial until you hear a voice prompt, “Exit configuration”, and tap the Phone Button.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Adam!!! I must say, that its REALLY nice to do business with a company that is first class in customer service, and also has a working knowledge of the products it sells. Thanks so much Adam.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #823
PowerDude
n00b

Oddometer: 4
PM sent!
Email too. :)
PowerDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #824
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDsgt View Post
Thanks Adam!!! I must say, that its REALLY nice to do business with a company that is first class in customer service, and also has a working knowledge of the products it sells. Thanks so much Adam.
Haha! Joke's on you - I made all that stuff up!

[JK]
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 04-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #825
chomorro
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Haha! Joke's on you - I made all that stuff up!

[JK]
I have been using my set for a few weeks now and im very impressed :). The update to v 4 was easy peasy on my mac. The bluetooth works great and the headphones are stellar. I just put on a very loud exhaust and this unit has no problem playing over it. It does get a little high pitched with some snare hits on certain songs but i just turn the volume down on those.

I have yet to use my other unit but im hoping this saturday i can strap it to someone else helmet.

The shipping, service and price from rocket moto as EXCELLENT!!!!!!
chomorro is offline   Reply With Quote