ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #241
TacitBlue
good ideas gone bad

Oddometer: 60
Explore a bit today

Wanted to try out my new knobbies (D606) so headed out this morning to ride parts of sections 113 and 114, pretty much just staying inside the Colliers Mills WMA. Great stuff - some rocky climbs, rolling whoops, steep decents....... and lots of sand. Much better with the knobbies (coming from Trailwings). Was pleasently surprised to find the GPS taking me on some pretty narrow single track, complete with a wild turkey that ran in front of me on the trail for a while before flying into a tree. Also had a water crossing that didn't look that deep until my engine was submerged past the crank case (along with my feet). That was exciting.

Kind of spooky though, I did not see a single other soul in 2 hours of exploration. The solitude was nice, but I kept thinking that if I broke down they'd never find me!

Mike

TacitBlue screwed with this post 04-27-2012 at 05:02 PM
TacitBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #242
BAMF
B.A.M.F. -acronym

Oddometer: 51
tacitblue .... were you the guy that stopped and asked if I was okay when I was airing back up after riding? That bike looks very familiar.

thanks btw, if you were that guy.
www.carbonmade.nealjordan.com
BAMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #243
rgb2cmyk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacitBlue View Post
Also had a water crossing that didn't look that deep until my engine was submerged past the crank case (along with my feet). That was exciting.

Been there, done that. I know exactly where you were... Well actually Alex (alskee750) did that, I was conveniently behind him, I just had to help pull him out. ...I got wet later when I did a 180 in a puddle and went down...
09 R1200 GSA (Totaled by SS Sandy)
06 Husky TE450, 04 R1100s BCR, 03 F650CS
rgb2cmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 AM   #244
TacitBlue
good ideas gone bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
tacitblue .... were you the guy that stopped and asked if I was okay when I was airing back up after riding? That bike looks very familiar.

thanks btw, if you were that guy.
No, not me, but if I saw you I would have stopped too, so I'll say you're welcome anyway!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #245
TacitBlue
good ideas gone bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb2cmyk View Post
Been there, done that. I know exactly where you were... Well actually Alex (alskee750) did that, I was conveniently behind him, I just had to help pull him out. ...I got wet later when I did a 180 in a puddle and went down...
I'm going to explore around in there some more, lots more trail throughout Colliers Mills than is on the TNJT track. I think I like water crossing... well, probably at least until I fall in it!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #246
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,818
I have a ride report in my sig for doing the southern parts. I think I started further south than the sections you guys are talking about. I did not post a lot of pics of the offroad sections...there are a lot of people on here that frown upon that sort of thing.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #247
TacitBlue
good ideas gone bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
I have a ride report in my sig for doing the southern parts. I think I started further south than the sections you guys are talking about. I did not post a lot of pics of the offroad sections...there are a lot of people on here that frown upon that sort of thing.
I read your ride report a while ago - good stuff! About the pics though, the one I posted was definitely part of the legally accessable vehicle trails, so do you mean just in general we should refrain from trail pics? I just want to understand so I don't inadvertantly do something that jeopardizes anything or gets anyone upset...
Old 04-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #248
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacitBlue View Post
I read your ride report a while ago - good stuff! About the pics though, the one I posted was definitely part of the legally accessable vehicle trails, so do you mean just in general we should refrain from trail pics? I just want to understand so I don't inadvertantly do something that jeopardizes anything or gets anyone upset...
To each is own, and since I was harassed about it, I'll never tell anyone else what to do or not to do. There is the theory that since the tree huggers allegedly monitor sites like this, people posting pictures of motorcycles offroad, gives them ammo for their cause...whether it legal offroad riding or illegal offroad riding. At the time I posted that RR, it was a hot button issue, so I refrained from posting anything other than shots than ones that you could get to with a car.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #249
TacitBlue
good ideas gone bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
To each is own, and since I was harassed about it, I'll never tell anyone else what to do or not to do. There is the theory that since the tree huggers allegedly monitor sites like this, people posting pictures of motorcycles offroad, gives them ammo for their cause...whether it legal offroad riding or illegal offroad riding. At the time I posted that RR, it was a hot button issue, so I refrained from posting anything other than shots than ones that you could get to with a car.
Ok, got it. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be careful that I not post anything that could be misinterpreted as destructive or illegal.

Mike
Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #250
Riding
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Just joined the forum...

..but I read the sticky posts!

Hello gang,

I just joined the forum. I ride a 2012 Super Tenere and I just moved to NJ. I was looking to download some routes but I seem to be incapable to find the links to the files... I have read the sticky posts to make sure that my question was not on the FAQ and I did not see it...

Where can I download NJ on-off road routes of 1 to 2 days?

Thanks in advance and my apologies if I missed something really obvious here...
Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:15 AM   #251
rw4x4van
East Coast Rider

Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riding View Post
..but I read the sticky posts!

Hello gang,

I just joined the forum. I ride a 2012 Super Tenere and I just moved to NJ. I was looking to download some routes but I seem to be incapable to find the links to the files... I have read the sticky posts to make sure that my question was not on the FAQ and I did not see it...

Where can I download NJ on-off road routes of 1 to 2 days?

Thanks in advance and my apologies if I missed something really obvious here...

Try here:
https://www.facebook.com/rideguide/info

'98 KTM 620 RXC
'07 KTM 300 XCW
rw4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #252
Riding
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw4x4van View Post
Hi,

I went there but I cannot see anything. Just Basic Info and Contact info. Should I befriend Rob to see the links?
Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #253
rw4x4van
East Coast Rider

Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riding View Post
Hi,

I went there but I cannot see anything. Just Basic Info and Contact info. Should I befriend Rob to see the links?
Yes, I believe you do have to become friends

'98 KTM 620 RXC
'07 KTM 300 XCW
rw4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #254
Riding
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw4x4van View Post
Yes, I believe you do have to become friends
OK. Will do!