Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #2986
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer: 452
That pretty much answers my question. Thanks Lucky. I did get the top box with mine and use it more than the side bags but just to throw my backpack into to and from work. May have to go ahead and order them up just to have them available if needed.
Ducati in The Rockies 2014 RR
ZLTFUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #2987
690rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
Anyone have the larger capacity stock panier covers on their MS1200? I am not quite ready to jump up to a full on aluminum set yet but did want to be able to get as much as I can stowed internally for some long weekends I am planning...

I have the larger ones. I only use them for travelling and found the small ones to be, well, too small. Super happy with them.
690rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #2988
mfaoro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Explorer View Post
Z,
I have the large lids and while 2up could not do without them. The stds are just too small. They are huge and give it that bus-wide look, but Italia was never function over form! They are solid as you know the mounting is. I use the DP liners that unzip for larger capcity and they work. Questions??
Allen.
Hi Lucky,

So the DP liner bags unzip to take full advantage of the size of the larger lids?

Thanks,
Michael
Old 04-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #2989
Lucky Explorer
Traveled the world

Oddometer: 297
Yep, the liners are a great combo, even staying zipped if not needed in the larger lids. and to Z, get the linner bag for the topcase if you can, as you never know when a design change will occur and they will be NLA. However, I have yet to use the topcase bag. Did this with an early ST4, but when I sold it, I made out well as I had the whole kit.
Allen.
Lucky Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #2990
NMEXPAT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
I have a base '10. I also went striaght for the larger panniers, as I know the standard size was just too small. I also have a top case. I bought the full liner set. I use the top case liner / bag nearly every day. It is very convienent. In fact, all the liners are convienent. They are worth the money and I'm cheap.
NMEXPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #2991
SayItAintSo
Wanna be

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMEXPAT View Post
I have a base '10. I also went striaght for the larger panniers, as I know the standard size was just too small. I also have a top case. I bought the full liner set. I use the top case liner / bag nearly every day. It is very convienent. In fact, all the liners are convienent. They are worth the money and I'm cheap.
Lol, you can't be too cheep it you ride a Multi .
SayItAintSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #2992
NMEXPAT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayItAintSo View Post
Lol, you can't be too cheep it you ride a Multi .

Yeah you can. Instead of buying the DP heated grips at $200+ I bought the $45 temp heated grips. Saved money not only on the hardware but also the service cost to have the dealer turn them on via the ecu.

Not everyone "needs" an ohlins or carbon fiber, but then again I think you already know that ;)
NMEXPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #2993
SayItAintSo
Wanna be

Quote:
Yeah you can. Instead of buying the DP heated grips at $200+ I bought the $45 temp heated grips. Saved money not only on the hardware but also the service cost to have the dealer turn them on via the ecu.

Not everyone "needs" an ohlins or carbon fiber, but then again I think you already know that ;)
Oh yea I know what you mean....thats why I have a "standard" also.

That is a crock o' shit ain't it. They charge you to turn on the grips you bought from them.

Really though its not being a cheep bastard its all about your personal perceived value. To me the Multi was a better value than anything else out there. Sure I could have bought a less expensive bike, but it would have felt like I was overpaying for what I got. Especially with the Strom or either of the big the GS's. I'm not trying to tear down those bikes b/c plenty of guys LOVE them, to me its just not the same bang for your buck.

The next closest value for me were the 1050 Tiger and the Ulysses.... I guess it shows I'm 95+% road.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #2994
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayItAintSo View Post

snip

That is a crock o' shit ain't it. They charge you to turn on the grips you bought from them.

snip
please explain
Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #2995
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey View Post
please explain
i don't think a good dealer will do so (charge for hooking up the cpu to the bike to program the grips with the dash).
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #2996
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,432
Quote:

how do you turn on your heated grips? did you have to drill a hole to insert a toggle? curious as to how you finished the switch part of the install.

as for the Ohlins, they're something that I wanted, as for the carbon fiber, i chose one that came without it (happily).

regards,
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #2997
SayItAintSo
Wanna be

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey View Post
please explain

If you buy the grips from them and install them yourself, they've made money on the purchase. In order for the grips to work though, the bike's ecu needs to know they are there so..... the bike needs to be hooked up the computer at the dealer and the grips activated. Probably less than 5 minutes, does the dealer really need to charge you on both ends of the transaction to squeeze every last penny out of the you and create a feeling that you are no more than a $$$$ to them?

Its just my feeling that its piss poor customer service to do that to someone and if the closest dealer did that type of crap all the time I'd ride several hundred miles every time I needed work done to avoid the feeling of being screwed without even the courtesy of a reach around.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #2998
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,027
DONE!!! Ducati now owned by Audi

Which is owned by Volkswagen.....

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/audi-buys-ducati/

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #2999
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Which is owned by Volkswagen.....

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/audi-buys-ducati/

-SM
Ducaudi
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #3000
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Ducaudi
Audati?

Ducwagon?

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote