Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #751
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Took my dogs, Murph and Dusty, out recently just to check out a camera mount for stability, which was mounted on the grab bar of my Ural. The dogs chronically wag their tails and woof in sheer excitement whenever we go for a ride. It does not matter how short, how long or what type of sceenery we expect to see on a ride, anytime they load up and their tails are a waggin', then I know all is right with the world and the ride will be fun. They make me laugh and I probably do them, as well. I'm going to have to put on a magnetic mount to get pics of Murph lookin' out the dog hatch of the sidecar at some point. If you notice, that is where he ducks out of sight to anytime the rig moves forward. Life is always an adventure with my dogs onboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RapNDXdCj5U

There is a reason Dogs do not live as long as we do. They are your Resume' in Heaven...
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #752
BeemerChef
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy Ara,

I was in southern California and Arizona from February 13th till march 10th when I came back home. Death Valley is a very neat place but I have spent so much time there I am kinda bored with it, I need to find more places in the southwest to play. Be sure to give Spirit a couple of ear scratches and pat or two for me.
Why don't you plan on Big Bend for sometime next winter? Plenty of room to camp... change of scenery for you... Terlingua is a cool little Town unlike any other in the Country... A thought.

Be well... Ara and Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #753
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe1942 View Post
Took my dogs, Murph and Dusty, out recently just to check out a camera mount for stability, which was mounted on the grab bar of my Ural. The dogs chronically wag their tails and woof in sheer excitement whenever we go for a ride. It does not matter how short, how long or what type of sceenery we expect to see on a ride, anytime they load up and their tails are a waggin', then I know all is right with the world and the ride will be fun. They make me laugh and I probably do them, as well. I'm going to have to put on a magnetic mount to get pics of Murph lookin' out the dog hatch of the sidecar at some point. If you notice, that is where he ducks out of sight to anytime the rig moves forward. Life is always an adventure with my dogs onboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RapNDXdCj5U
Cool. You really should get Doggles or some sort of eye protection for your pups.
Did you notice the person driving the red SUV took their pic? LOL
MySPOT
RandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #754
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoCommando View Post
Cool. You really should get Doggles or some sort of eye protection for your pups.
Did you notice the person driving the red SUV took their pic? LOL
Oh no, the ATGATT police are hijacking the Pups thread...

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using Typotalk 2
Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #755
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the Doggles advice. I do appreciate it, but I'll opt to pass for now. I don't support the use of them on my dogs and the dogs absolutely hate them, too. I have had several pair for my dogs over the years and none of them have ever taken to them. These two, just as the two before them, go to the Vet routinely and after all the years of their riding with me, none have had any eye problems.

No, I didn't view the truck you mentioned, but I seldom look about at the vehicles around me at a stop light to see who is gawking or not. I may reach over an pat Dusty or even Murph, but I mostly let them do their own thing in catching the eye of others. I have to be careful at some intersections, as people lose their focus when turning and suddenly see the dogs in the hack. I have had a couple of them almost wreck when they did that.

This is another DIY camera mount that I made from an electrical piece (Don't know the name of the thing). Any rate, we were just taking a brief ride to check the mount for vibration. It was pretty steady. I had intentionally left the articulating arm where it was and didn't worry over it showing in the field of view. Like say, the test was just for anti-vibration of the camera mount.

Murph and Dusty ride this way and have done so for years. You probably can't see their tethers, but they are there. Murph loves to see out the dog hatch of the sidecar. We ride fast most of the time, so they are prone to attracting attention as they ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfYVKP31oak

There is a reason Dogs do not live as long as we do. They are your Resume' in Heaven...
Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #756
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Oh no, the ATGATT police are hijacking the Pups thread...

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using Typotalk 2
No clue what ATGATT means.
And I wasn't trying to hijack the thread.
I joined this thread to get some ideas to cart my two puppies around.
And I've received some good advice and seen some nice pictures.
I only wish a sidecar was cheap enough for me to add to my KLR.
I like how the one guy put his fur buddies in his metal panniers.
I'll probably do what the one guy did with a plastic dog house.
He posted some pics already.
Great idea.
MySPOT
Old 04-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #757
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Quote:
Thanks for the Doggles advice. I do appreciate it, but I'll opt to pass for now. I don't support the use of them on my dogs and the dogs absolutely hate them, too. I have had several pair for my dogs over the years and none of them have ever taken to them. These two, just as the two before them, go to the Vet routinely and after all the years of their riding with me, none have had any eye problems.
That's awesome. They really seem to enjoy the ride. Those tails do wag something fierce.

Quote:
No, I didn't view the truck you mentioned, but I seldom look about at the vehicles around me at a stop light to see who is gawking or not. I may reach over an pat Dusty or even Murph, but I mostly let them do their own thing in catching the eye of others. I have to be careful at some intersections, as people lose their focus when turning and suddenly see the dogs in the hack. I have had a couple of them almost wreck when they did that.
Yeah. I didn't think you noticed while you were riding, as I didn't see you look that direction. I thought you may have noticed after reviewing your video. I did see you pet the one puppy closest to you.

Quote:
This is another DIY camera mount that I made from an electrical piece (Don't know the name of the thing). Any rate, we were just taking a brief ride to check the mount for vibration. It was pretty steady. I had intentionally left the articulating arm where it was and didn't worry over it showing in the field of view. Like say, the test was just for anti-vibration of the camera mount.
I didn't really notice any vibration that I can recall. So the mount seems good. Good job.

Quote:
Murph and Dusty ride this way and have done so for years. You probably can't see their tethers, but they are there. Murph loves to see out the dog hatch of the sidecar. We ride fast most of the time, so they are prone to attracting attention as they ride.
No. I noticed their tethers. They hang down the front of their chests. It seems your one dog likes to look back, whereas your other dog likes to look front. Whatever makes them happy. They sure do seem to enjoy it for sure.

Quote:
MySPOT
Old 04-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #758
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

I have a problem...

The wife and I went riding for a bit yesterday, and Bryson was a wee bit pissed he didn't get to tag along. When we got home, I parked the Ural differently, and with current projects going on, the sidecar was a bit inaccessible to Bryson. Nevertheless, it made it easier for the driver to get on and off.

After playing with Bryson in the yard for a bit, he disappeared. Melissa and I rounded the corner to see this.

He sat there for a good while, long enough for me to stop laughing and take photos, and then stayed there for a while after we went inside. Finally Melissa decided that he might hurt himself trying to get down, so I plucked him off the seat. I'm still not quite sure what he thought he was going to do up there.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #759
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,156
Quote:
The wife and I went riding for a bit yesterday, and Bryson was a wee bit pissed he didn't get to tag along. When we got home, I parked the Ural differently, and with current projects going on, the sidecar was a bit inaccessible to Bryson. Nevertheless, it made it easier for the driver to get on and off.

After playing with Bryson in the yard for a bit, he disappeared. Melissa and I rounded the corner to see this.

He sat there for a good while, long enough for me to stop laughing and take photos, and then stayed there for a while after we went inside. Finally Melissa decided that he might hurt himself trying to get down, so I plucked him off the seat. I'm still not quite sure what he thought he was going to do up there.
Howdy RidingDonkeys,

Looking at your photos, I think your dog is possessed, I suggest getting a hold of an exorcist NOW.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #760
Mr.Mellow's WildRide
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Thumb

Quote:

Uh.......hump your gas tank...........???

Mr.Mellow's WildRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #761
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy RidingDonkeys,

Looking at your photos, I think your dog is possessed, I suggest getting a hold of an exorcist NOW.
He did watch "Christina" with me the other night. Perhaps he learned a thing or two...

RidingDonkeys screwed with this post 04-23-2012 at 01:21 AM
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #762
dungspreader
King of the Heap

Oddometer: 451
OK where to ?

Finally got my rig on the road today .

Here the passenger is practising leaning for right handers .
All in a days work for a German Shepherd .
Old 05-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #763
Marvin and towser
Plain Mr. Botany (B)

Oddometer: 52
Towser the lurcher, has doggles but prefers to ride with the soft top up in all but the warmest of days, they are a bit of an anomaly a soft working dog.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #764
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

My dogs can't walk 10' on a leash without tangling them and me into one giant ball of leashes. However, due to riding so long in the hack, they took to being pushed in this 3 wheeled stroller pretty well. Darn dogs haven't learned to push the thing yet though. I usually take it for a mile long ride for evening exercise and everyone hoots at them being pushed inside it. I get almost as much UDF with the dogmobile buggy cruiser as I do with the dogs in my Ural hack. We enjoy walking at the Veteran's Park in Arlington, Tx.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/7154637110/

I shot some video with Murph wearing a dog collar camera mount recently. Unfortunately, the collar mount was too big for his neck and let the GoPro slide down to the side too easily. I found a way to mount the collar with a harness and put it on his back for this video. Unfortunately, anytime he raises up I get a lot of sky shots to edit out of the film. Murph likes to duck down and look out the door of the hack, so some of the video shows more than just his hairy head. I may have to adjust the camera up a bit more to capture some better video, but it was fun in seeing things from his view. I may have to get Murph a buzz cut in the future though. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82XhBxQRTg

Old 05-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #765
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

Had fun today with Murph riding and woofing. Dusty also woofed, but the camera was set with a suction mount to show how Murph usually rides in the hack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1emoMw5c3Qo