Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #256
PeterW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskieken View Post
my question to is how does the engine vibe's compare to the honda nv650 (HONDA DEAUVILLE NV650 )
I got to ride a used one that had 1800 miles on it.
love the the wind protection . but that motor vibrated worse that my thumper.
i wanted that motorcycle, but that vibe's came threw the whole bike
so how does the motor compare.
has and one rode the nv 650
i just don't want to make an 8500 dollar mistake and find the it the same as the Honda
ps the dealers willl not let you test drive one here.
Without crash bars, very smooth, even better than the old model which had a buzz around 5k (new one doesn't).

Put crash bars on though and the vibes through the handlebars go up - you can put your hand on the Givi crashbars I have and feel it at source.

I still find it good with crash bars but some people are more sensitive and if not tightened properly - they vibrate badly.

Pete
PeterW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #257
Stromski
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
It is fine. I would have liked it better if the dealership had not parked it next to a Versys...

Daffy Duck
Stromski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #258
Baron650
650x2

Oddometer: 107
More love for this bike in the current Motorcycle Consumer News. I have yet to read a bad review.
I like it until I look at it, and I've always been a "pretty is as pretty does" kinda guy. Seeing it in person I was struck by how tacky the faux carbon fiber looked on the body and fender. And it's still huge, especially next to a Versys.
That's the bike in the spotlight next month, and the new Wee sets the bar pretty damn high.
Baron650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #259
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,417
anyone have some oem 2012 handlebars that want to get rid of?
pm me if so. thnx.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #260
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron650 View Post
the new Wee sets the bar pretty damn high.
Havenīt had time (or suitable weather!) to ride my new 2012 baby a lot yet... but I already feel that itīs the best bike that Iīve owned so far during my 19 years of biking. Of course, what is īthe bestī, is a very personal thing in the end, but for me, it really feels like it is more than the sum of its parts. Nicely updated in many key areas compared to the K7 Wee, that i still have. And equally important is that they havenīt screwed around with the good things, that were already there in the previous version.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #261
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,448
My gripes so far are that the bike started out smooth, but seems to be getting buzzier. And the stock seat is hard. And if only the bike was a 750cc. 300+ mile rides it needs to be a bit more comfortable.

Great bike other than the above. The motor can be upped to Gladius specs, but it will cost ya. You could spend $1500 on the motor to get another 7-8 hp out of it.
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #262
mrnoitall
Banned

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stridercal View Post

Me, i like it, both for the update and the bike's clarity of purpose in the market.
Right, because the redesigned gas tank and plastics really clarify the bike's purpose
Quote:
.Add pipe to give it some personality and suddenly you have a great little machine for minimal cash...
It's all relative but $8600 cash for ANY-thing.. does not scream minimal to me. I had a hard enough time separating myself with $3500 for a 09 Versys with 3000 miles.

Minimal cash to me is the $500 paid for my 07 ninja 250 with a few dents and bruises.

I'll wait for the impulse strapped cashed buyer who bought a brand new 2012 Vstrom, decided he doesn't need it or can't afford it and is forced to let it go for 40% less than he paid.. My garage is home to many of those bikes!
mrnoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #263
jptsr1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Rode the 2012 today and I was less than impressed. Not sure what I expected having never been on an adventure bike of any kind before but it seemed a little underpowered. The motor was smooth in a blender sort of way. I'm a very big guy and the V let me know it when I got on the throttle. I definitely would need the extra ponies of the 1000. In addition to fealing neutered the fit and finish seemed poor. There's a lot of plastic and it all seemed cheep. I rode the "adventure" model with all the trimmings. Once I got it up to speed I could feel and hear all those extra parts rattling. The vibration through the bars was very noticeable as well. The 1000 pulled a little better but had the same fit and finish issues amplified by the extra rumble.

Me no likey.
jptsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote