Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #136
ten_fiver
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
That's funny.

The original question is once again what is the advantage of large displacement in the dirt.

My answer: There is NO advantage to more displacement in the dirt.

You seem to want to argue when your own statements back up mine. Here, let me help you...

So once again there is NO advantage to having a large displacement motorcycle in the dirt. If you strip away all the other bullshit and focus on the OP's question I can't see how anyone could claim otherwise.
I answered the question didn't I? No <----there's the answer to the op again. Just pointing out the flaw in the question. If all I ever did was ride super technical dirt, I would downsize my bike greatly.

I grew up on dirt bikes, but I'm into dual-sport riding now. The key word is dual. I ride what fits both aspects of riding I wish to do the best. That's why I choose larger displacement.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #137
ten_fiver
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67 View Post
I don't need a multi cylinder pig to enjoy myself...on road or off. I, personally, could not take a multi cylinder bike the places I take my 450 and 610. Period.

There isn't a spot on the planet that you can ride your multi cylinder bike that I can't ride my 610 (or 450), and enjoy myself...yeah, you can haul more shit, and 2 up better, and go faster in more comfort...yippee-fucking-skippy.

There are spots on the planet where I can take my 610 (and 450) where your 400 lb and up bikes will not go. Period.

If I could only own 1 bike, I would never limit myself by owning a big heavy multi...that said, I am passively in the market for a big heavy multi to add to the collection to make the boring slab miles less painful.

Enjoy your ride.
Good. Ride what you enjoy. I enjoy the hell out of my bike too. I've never had as much fun on any other bike I've ridden-on or offroad. And for the record, I haven't found somewhere I can't get my 990 yet. You must be much more hardcore than me.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #138
AdventurePoser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,964
To me, my 2011 R1200GSA is the best bike I've ever owned. Best, because it fits my ergos and riding style perfectly. I can haul myself, my lovely passenger and camping gear to Colorado comfortably and safely, and then spend two weeks riding about a zillion miles of dirt roads. Nothing technical, but gorgeous scenery nontheless!

Ride safe, ride far, and enjoy!

Steve in So Cal
Old 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #139
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_fiver View Post
Good. Ride what you enjoy. I enjoy the hell out of my bike too. I've never had as much fun on any other bike I've ridden-on or offroad. And for the record, I haven't found somewhere I can't get my 990 yet. You must be much more hardcore than me.
See...you were doing fine until you "dicked out" with the "hardcore" bullshit which ruined it

Really? Yeah, I probably am riding far more "hardcore" places with my bikes than you are with yours right now, because that's my choice...but I wasn't trying to make you look like a dickhead for it. Way to go

Friggin little penis syndrome...always ready to justify and defend that "big bad bike"
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #140
Rucksta
Chronic Noob

Oddometer: 2,556
Quote:
See...you were doing fine until you "dicked out" with the "hardcore" bullshit which ruined it

Really? Yeah, I probably am riding far more "hardcore" places with my bikes than you are with yours right now, because that's my choice...but I wasn't trying to make you look like a dickhead for it. Way to go

Friggin little penis syndrome...always ready to justify and defend that "big bad bike"
Bob I know you have trouble understanding stuff so I'll try to interpret it for you .
I think he was calling you a soft cock.
It's like calling someone winner.
Much more polite than calling them a loser but everyone (else) knows what you mean.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #141
ten_fiver
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Actually I was being 100% serious. I have no delusions of racing in the Dakar anytime soon, and I also know my bike is far more capable than I am. I don't know you, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to how gnarly you ride.