User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #106
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,415
The Power of ADV Rider........

You know, it never ceases to amaze me how the Adventure Riding community comes together at times of need.

So, there I am, pondering over the ERTF web-site pulling together a list of all the equipment and spares I need for the rally bike this season. ICO's, switches, Cap Repeater, wiring harnesses, antennas, buzzers, flashers, GPS bracket, sentinel brackets, more antennas etc. etc.........the list goes on! (Pulling hair out!)

Pulling together the left hand side of the spreadsheet was easy, it's just a list of stuff, no worries. Pulling together the right hand side was just as easy, just a list of prices, again no worries. Summing the lot together and realising there is a bill of over 2000, now that was not going to be so easy to pull together!

Pondering, talking to folk, pondering some more, thinking about making the order, pondering some more and then making some more calls. Then, out of the blue, 1 had talked to 2, 2 had talked to 3, 3 had talked to 4 and 4 was now talking to me! So I'm on the phone with inmate RickA and we're talking Nav Gear. Next comes the following sentence......

"I have a couple of rally bikes Lyndon, complete with nav gear and everything you need, come down and rip-off whatever you need fella, your need is much bigger than mine!"

I had to bang my head, did I hear him correct. Just to confirm Rick, "your inviting Pyndon down to your workshop to take what bits he needs from your rally bikes? Do you know what you've let yourself in for?"

Rick - "Sure see you tonight".

So meet Rick........(first picture I found using Google, seems about right )

Now meet box of Nav Gear and spares for the Rally Bike.......YEEEEE HAAAWWWWW

Christmas time, nav gear and wires!

Set for the year, just need to figure out what's missing, what brackets have changed for 2012/2013 and what works and what doesn't.

Oh yeah, and figure out how the heck to get it all on the bike in a neat, tidy, labelled and easy to fault find way.......where do I start?

Huge thanks Rick - top fella I'm sure I'll be down to rob a few more bits before the year is out - you did offer

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now, big question, is there anyone in the health industry that can get me an ECG and Echo Cardiogram done for my FIM International Licence? I need it doing fast and on the cheap. Maybe there is a doctor out there that is willing to stay behind after hours in exchange for some swag or a few beers?

I preferably need it doing in the UK but could travel within reason. Now let's see how the powerful the network is! If you don't ask, you don't get right?

My Dakar Rally Experience
My KTM 950 Story
Pyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #107
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,887
Awesome! Way to go Rick! And what, no free ECGs in the UK? I just have to walk down the street to the lab to get mine. Never paid a nickel, and I get them done every year for work.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #108
Motard_Menace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyndon View Post

Now, big question, is there anyone in the health industry that can get me an ECG and Echo Cardiogram done for my FIM International Licence? I need it doing fast and on the cheap. Maybe there is a doctor out there that is willing to stay behind after hours in exchange for some swag or a few beers?

I preferably need it doing in the UK but could travel within reason. Now let's see how the powerful the network is! If you don't ask, you don't get right?

[/IMG]
Just go in to the ER and tell them your heart beat has been feeling strange............they will hook you up straight away. J/K

Anyway this is too cool, subscribed waiting to send you some $$$$$ for support, will keep an eye on the website.
Motard_Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #109
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
Quote:

I can.
We'll even trow in a mammography for maximum amount of radiation.
Fancy a trip?
Balkan Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:14 AM   #110
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,145
Quote:

Great news on all the nav gear Lyndon! - that is a huge expense saved!

As for the ECG etc. As I understand it, you have to have the basic medical done at your GP anyway, and they should be able to refer you to a hospital who can do the treadmill thing (it has to be done privately of course) - I went to a hospital in Wrexham - not a million miles from you... give me a shout if you want the contact details and I'l fish them out... as I recall, the cost is around 250 - not cheap, but not as expensive as some... ultimately what you need is the official printout to send in with your licence application.

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #111
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
I can.
We'll even trow in a mammography for maximum amount of radiation.
Fancy a trip?
Hmmmm, Balkan, MN? That's a bit of a hike, I fear the air fare maybe more than the cost of the Echo in the UK.

Would love a trip though, especially if it involves riding?!?
My KTM 950 Story
Old 04-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #112
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
I'm in MNE, Podgorica.
Unfortunately, it's very expensive by air.
About 2500km from London. One way.
Balkan Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #113
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
I'm in MNE, Podgorica.
Unfortunately, it's very expensive by air.
About 2500km from London. One way.
Anyone got air miles
My KTM 950 Story
Old 04-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #114
duroturk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Many thanks to Rick for the nav gear! Great guy!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #115
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by duroturk View Post
Many thanks to Rick for the nav gear! Great guy!
That's awesome, and you got the new CAP repeater that also has an auto-calibrating odometer in it- good piece of kit!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #116
NoMystery
Jesse's Girl

Oddometer: 9,941

- - - the high - - - - - - - -

NoMystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #117
ACP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
The website's looking mighty fine up to now

Good skillz....
Old 05-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #118
5 speed
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
Wouldnt Miss it!!! Between you and Ned its so great to be able to live vicariously through you guys- we appreciate you. I plan to donate to the cause....

5 speed screwed with this post 05-07-2012 at 06:59 PM
5 speed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #119
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Update way overdue!

So, what's been going on?

Well, I have been trying to get the web-site populated and up on the web and get my bike ready for Sardinia while at the same time preparing for three upcoming Enduro's in a row (more than anticipated) and having a full-time job. That said, nobody said it was going to be a walk in the park!

Nonetheless, the web-site is up and running now and I ask you to join me and my Blue Print for the Dakar Rally 2013! Here it is www.lyndonposkittracing.com

The support packages are 90% decided upon and will all be revealed in the coming week or so. I think my supporters will like what's in them, I've been working hard to get a good spread of product that suits anybody whether your a biker or not. If you want cool swag, keep your eye on my web-site.

Have a look around the web-site, make suggestions, add to your favourites etc. I have a ton of stuff still to go on the site, not to mention the support packages. I have blogs to catch up on but will get there.

Dakar dossier is done, entry is prepared, details of which will be revealed shortly through my Blog. Another big check needs writing now This just makes me realise how quickly I need to get the support packages going

You can follow me on Facebook (Lyndon Poskitt Racing) and Twitter (Lyndon Poskitt) although at the moment my time is fully populated with work and web-site, I'll catch up with those soon enough or maybe even get them automated / linked to my blog?

Right now, I'm on the Dyno with the Rally bike again on Friday to get a range of settings sorted for the year so I'm sorting jets, needles and diaphragms for the occasion. Racing North of England Enduro Championship round 1 this weekend so looking forward to that.

Enjoy and please keep your eyes peeled for swag. I promise not to leave it this long next time.
My KTM 950 Story
Old 05-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #120
5 speed
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
I was curious, how does the KTM support work? You pay a fee and then they provide all parts and labor as well or just parts? Do you get to use their pits, tools, etc? Will they provide a new engine for the mid race engine change allowed? With the year old bike, does some of this become an issue as I figure they change things or do they provide all parts for a few year models? Its really cool to think you would have factory backing of some sort (albeit at a price).
5 speed is online now   Reply With Quote