Banned

Oddometer: 3,266
Lol I can relate.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
salar 705
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Here are some videos/pics of the camp in the Ďdacks, NY. The first is an unfortunate tragedy with a fine piece of Alís glassware. The second is the stream crossing back to the dirt road (Al behind the wheel).

The filthy nomad emerging from his discounted room?

We returned to home base, a little hypothermic, but no worse for the wear. This really was a test run, and long story short my system needed a little revamping. A few things were ordered, a few things tweaked, and about a week later we were back on the road. The first stop was Pollywog Holler, located in the SW part of NY, near the PA border. Al stumbled upon this place back in his college days, and insisted that I come check it out back while he was still in college. I did, once, and was forever hooked on the place. Me stumbling around words and pics hardly do this place justice. If youíre ever near the SW part of NY check this place out, you wonít regret it, cool people, and cool atmosphere.

Yes, a two stroke blender!

We got loaded on yuengling (a good PA beer), cheap Finger Lakes wine, local herb, and had our riding pants thoroughly insulted by a drunk chic who couldnít understand why we were wearing ski pants when there was clearly no snow (also called them cute, space pants, etc.). We also met Chris, who also had a new to him KLR 650 and after hearing our plans decided he was coming with and proceeded to argue with his wife/girlfriend about the topic the rest of the night.
I honestly donít remember where we ended up that night, couldnít have been too far away. Hereís some pics of camp in the general vicinity (canít remember if itís the night before, or after Pollywogs).

Then it was off to Jettin Jimís place in PA

Cool fuckin dude! We got our heads straight into the late hours of the night. Al and I got a wicked case of fork envy over JJís modified KLR 705 with DR forks, sweet setup. We did some wrenching on the bikes, and JJ hooked me up with a sweet pair of insulated Klim gloves(which saved me from losing fingers later in the ride), some hardware, and the next morning a fat wad of cash. We also met up with one of JJís local friends who gave us a tour of his goldsmiths shop, really a cool operation. Honestly, the generosity of JJ completely blew me away. Jettin Jim, if you pass through the West before October youíve got a free place to stay in Utah and beers are on me! Jettin Jim also put us onto the idea of riding the skyline drive, and blue ridge parkway South to North Carolina. After Jettin Jimís place we camped out in PA waiting to meet up with one of Alís old high school friends.

salar 705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #19
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,064
Nice post. Threw me for a loop for a minute. I expected an addition to the Adirondack run. Also, your videos are set to "Private". Gotta do something about that.

Post to come.
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #20
salar 705
Adventurer

Quote:
I expected an addition to the Adirondack run
IDK covering the same ground twice might get old. I Thought you did a good enough job covering it, except I notice you left out the part when that tick fell off your head onto the restaurant table and grossed everybody out
Old 04-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #21
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by salar 705 View Post
IDK covering the same ground twice might get old. I Thought you did a good enough job covering it, except I notice you left out the part when that tick fell off your head onto the restaurant table and grossed everybody out

I intentionally left that part out, for starters. Secondly, I'm not convinced it was a tick. And third, you were the only one that got grossed out by that. Which is funny, cause I've seen you just as shaggy as I, perhaps just not as regularly.
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #22
salar 705
Adventurer

shaggy? yes of course, but never tick ridden
Old 04-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #23
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
^^^

Still lovin' it. Previous two posts made me laugh my ass off!

"There's nothing like that fresh tire feeling "
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #24
Bluebone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
has this thread died already?
Bluebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #25
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
He put most of the rest of it in his other thread.

"There's nothing like that fresh tire feeling "
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #26
Bluebone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
i dont remember reading anything about 'the railroad incident' in the other thread. maybe he just hasnt gotten to it yet.
Bluebone is offline   Reply With Quote