Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Latin America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 05:30 AM   #16
mamm
< advertise here! >

Oddometer: 214
Well, what I mentioned before is the letter of the law (no new tires can enter the country as luggage), and that damn law is enforced in the more civilized part of Brazil (namely, the south). But entering from Venezuela? That's a no man's land, go ahead. At most, you'll have to "tip" the inspector so he/she can pretend he/see didn't notice the tires.

EDIT: making them look used is a good idea, as is not mentioning them to the inspector. Good luck!

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

mamm screwed with this post 04-18-2012 at 07:13 AM
mamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #17
FJakeR
Halape

Oddometer: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
I will be trying, I did it in Cuba and hope it works entering Brazil out of Venezuela and from French Guiana, I will be sure and have it used and not brand new One for the soupy sticky mud and one longer wearing variety to get me all the way through Brasil.

I will be in touch Luciosiq when I get nearer, still trying to figure out the loop with the Guyanas and including 319 without staying on the Amazon River for too long

John in Medellin having a nice wait on my Brasil Visa before heading back to Venezuela for the good cheap stuff
Let me know when you get in the Sao Paulo area too. I'll meet up with you and Luciosiq for some riding. I also have a room/tools/secure parking if you are going to overnight in Sao Paulo.
FJakeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #18
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJakeR View Post
Let me know when you get in the Sao Paulo area too. I'll meet up with you and Luciosiq for some riding. I also have a room/tools/secure parking if you are going to overnight in Sao Paulo.
Thanks man! Will be in contact for sure as my Portuguess (sic) is more than non-existent

Looking forward to the big land for sure and the rumble in the jungle, come on dry season

John in Cali for the moment, just a set a new personal best land speed world record of 197 kph on a nice double cam 1200gsa, it was quite nice
Old 04-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #19
kito OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
in 2010 i came into brazil from santa elena venezuela. you are not alowed to carry extra fuel across the border . you will see a compound on the brazil side of the border full of trucks and cars that were caught. When i told the guy on the venezuels side i entered from colombia he wanted to come and search my bike so i had to tell him i had extra fuel ( enough to get me to george town) . He asked me were ? i told him it was straped onto the top of the pannier . he told me to go round the back of his office and hide it in my bag as i wont get searched on the other side . while this was going on he forgot to eaven come and look at my bike. I got to the brazil side and the guy there was the first to realise I was riding RTW with a out of date driving licence. luckily the back of a UK licence has how many years the classification lasts so he accepted it when i told him i had 40 years left. I hope things are still as relaxed..
kito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #20
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by kito View Post
in 2010 i came into brazil from santa elena venezuela. you are not alowed to carry extra fuel across the border . you will see a compound on the brazil side of the border full of trucks and cars that were caught. When i told the guy on the venezuels side i entered from colombia he wanted to come and search my bike so i had to tell him i had extra fuel ( enough to get me to george town) . He asked me were ? i told him it was straped onto the top of the pannier . he told me to go round the back of his office and hide it in my bag as i wont get searched on the other side . while this was going on he forgot to eaven come and look at my bike. I got to the brazil side and the guy there was the first to realise I was riding RTW with a out of date driving licence. luckily the back of a UK licence has how many years the classification lasts so he accepted it when i told him i had 40 years left. I hope things are still as relaxed..
Damn glad my bike holds 10 gals of the real cheap stuff I'll be bringing my tires with me too Nice to be on one of the most economical 650s ever built
Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #21
kito OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
yep .thats why im on an x challenge this time . same rotax engine.
i am now in sunny suriname waiting for my bike
kito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #22
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,211
Damn John, whats the deal with your Brasil visa? Did they call and talk with Fidel about you or something?

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #23
markharf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
Anonymous sources have suggested (with photographic evidence) that Mr. Throttlemeister is in no particular hurry to leave Medellin, being holed up with Mike and Dan in fairly luxurious circumstances. If he's blaming it on a visa, he's probably dissembling.
markharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #24
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,211
I suspected as much. If he does in fact make it to Brazil its possible that the price of fuel will scare him all the way back to Medellin again.

Hi'ya John.

crashmaster screwed with this post 04-25-2012 at 12:21 AM
crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #25
luciosiq
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
You should be ok with your tires, John. Especially if they look used.
I don't think you are going to have any problems crossing the border into Brazil.

Leave those Colombians Ladies alone..........there are some more across the border (different nationalities though).
Have fun.