ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #121
Cloud9
I was HERE?
 
Cloud9's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Grand Junction, CO., USA
Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Uli View Post
You go Ronn! More pictures please.
Did you go down Sheep Creek? If yes, how is it looking these days?
Sunday morning.


Riders in the distance, four of them.


On the fly.


Granite Creek.






ANOTHER KTM repair job!


Out of Granite Creek.




Higher country.








Time to head home.
Cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #122
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer
 
Greg@RME's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Jct, CO
Oddometer: 1,187
Looks like it was a blast Ron! I love that area.


A friend of mine dragged his KTM 250 XCFW down from SLC for the weekend, one of the trails we rode was Trail #8 at Rabbit Valley. It's been awhile since I've ridden #8 and I was loving every minute of it! (HD video is an option! Click the * on the bottom, right)

Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #123
Tilt2turn
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Tilt2turn's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Western Slope, CO
Oddometer: 420
Very cool video! I rode Rabbit Valley last Monday, but stuck to the less adventurous trails since I was solo. I also want to check out Trail 3.

I'm off Sunday and Monday if anyone wants to ride these. Let me know.
__________________
02 DRZ400E, plated

http://winginit.smugmug.com/
Tilt2turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #124
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer
 
Greg@RME's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Jct, CO
Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt2turn View Post
Very cool video! I rode Rabbit Valley last Monday, but stuck to the less adventurous trails since I was solo. I also want to check out Trail 3.

I'm off Sunday and Monday if anyone wants to ride these. Let me know.

Thanks! It was plenty fun making the video, of course.

Wish I could, I will be riding in the San Rafael Swell early Sunday and working Monday... have fun!
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #125
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante
 
Colorado Uli's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Riding Paradise - Grand Junction
Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt2turn View Post
Very cool video! I rode Rabbit Valley last Monday, but stuck to the less adventurous trails since I was solo. I also want to check out Trail 3.

I'm off Sunday and Monday if anyone wants to ride these. Let me know.
Sorry Curt, the weekend is planned out.
Have a great time.
__________________
Something, something, something ... in latin.

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #126
Wired
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Oddometer: 301
Those pictures look awesome.

I'm fairly new to the area and I'm not sure where you're talking about. Could you post a map or something so I could see where you were camped and out riding? Thanks.
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #127
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids
 
unaweep's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Western Colorado
Oddometer: 18,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Those pictures look awesome.

I'm fairly new to the area and I'm not sure where you're talking about. Could you post a map or something so I could see where you were camped and out riding? Thanks.
The area is out past Glade Park- take Monument road up to the CO Nat. Monument. Tell the gate attendant you're going to Glade park and there's no charge. Head toward the Glade Park store. Keep going. The road will turn to well maintained dirt. When you come to a T in the road- (about 20 miles, if I recall) you're there. Good stuff up that way.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #128
Wired
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
The area is out past Glade Park- take Monument road up to the CO Nat. Monument. Tell the gate attendant you're going to Glade park and there's no charge. Head toward the Glade Park store. Keep going. The road will turn to well maintained dirt. When you come to a T in the road- (about 20 miles, if I recall) you're there. Good stuff up that way.
Cool! Thanks for the info. I'll have to get up there and check it out.
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #129
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer
 
Greg@RME's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Jct, CO
Oddometer: 1,187
Anyone up for a ride this weekend, say Saturday?

I'm thinking about riding from Fruita, thru the CO Monument & Glade Park, Dolores Triangle, down Sheep Creek Rd to Gateway (where there is no gas) and thru the La Sals and onto Moab for lunch. After lunch, buzz back to GJ using parts of the Kokopelli. Will probably be a long day with plenty of riding.

I'd be on my DR650.
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #130
HiluxCrux
Under western skies.
 
HiluxCrux's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Fruita, CO
Oddometer: 125
Laugh Oh yeah.

In.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
Anyone up for a ride this weekend, say Saturday?

I'm thinking about riding from Fruita, thru the CO Monument & Glade Park, Dolores Triangle, down Sheep Creek Rd to Gateway (where there is no gas) and thru the La Sals and onto Moab for lunch. After lunch, buzz back to GJ using parts of the Kokopelli. Will probably be a long day with plenty of riding.

I'd be on my DR650.
__________________
It is unfair to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
HiluxCrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #131
Cloud9
I was HERE?
 
Cloud9's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Grand Junction, CO., USA
Oddometer: 1,877
Gotta work Saturday. Thinking about doing another over nighter though.
Cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #132
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante
 
Colorado Uli's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Riding Paradise - Grand Junction
Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
Anyone up for a ride this weekend, say Saturday?

I'm thinking about riding from Fruita, thru the CO Monument & Glade Park, Dolores Triangle, down Sheep Creek Rd to Gateway (where there is no gas) and thru the La Sals and onto Moab for lunch. After lunch, buzz back to GJ using parts of the Kokopelli. Will probably be a long day with plenty of riding.

I'd be on my DR650.
Good thinking, Greg! Any idea if they (whoever "they" is) have bladed Sheep Creek yet? Although it's been a darn mild winter, it could be rather unfriendly to a big bike and its big rider. Who can we call to find out? BLM?
__________________
Something, something, something ... in latin.

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better

Colorado Uli screwed with this post 05-10-2012 at 08:17 AM
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #133
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids
 
unaweep's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Western Colorado
Oddometer: 18,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
Anyone up for a ride this weekend, say Saturday?

I'm thinking about riding from Fruita, thru the CO Monument & Glade Park, Dolores Triangle, down Sheep Creek Rd to Gateway (where there is no gas) and thru the La Sals and onto Moab for lunch. After lunch, buzz back to GJ using parts of the Kokopelli. Will probably be a long day with plenty of riding.

I'd be on my DR650.
What's up with the fuel in Gateway?
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #134
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante
 
Colorado Uli's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Riding Paradise - Grand Junction
Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
What's up with the fuel in Gateway?
Just called them and they said that because the locals wanted to open up their own convenience store (with gas), Getway Canyons has decided to put all plans for a new store on hold and they are now "back to square one."
I'm pretty sure that that isn't the whole/truest story, but the answer is, NO GAS.

On a related subject: The resort is now managed by a company that specializes in serving the very rich clients - even more so than before. I read that room prices are going to be in the $375-^$700 per night. Hope I never get stranded there and have to spend the night.
__________________
Something, something, something ... in latin.

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #135
HiluxCrux
Under western skies.
 
HiluxCrux's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Fruita, CO
Oddometer: 125
No time for love Dr. Jones

I love this quote from their website: "Live an Indiana Jones Adventure at Gateway Canyons"

Get a load of these room prices for 2 nights!
Price Starting at:
May: $899 weekdays / $999 Weekends
Jun-Aug: $999 weekdays / $1,099 weekends
Sep-Oct: $1,099 weekdays / $1,199 weekends
Nov-Dec 30th: $899 weekdays / $999 weekends

I need to go stake this place out and see some celebrities! Seriously who can afford that? I'm gonna go find me a celebritard or some 90 year old lady and pull a Anna Nichole Smith.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Uli View Post
Just called them and they said that because the locals wanted to open up their own convenience store (with gas), Getway Canyons has decided to put all plans for a new store on hold and they are now "back to square one."
I'm pretty sure that that isn't the whole/truest story, but the answer is, NO GAS.

On a related subject: The resort is now managed by a company that specializes in serving the very rich clients - even more so than before. I read that room prices are going to be in the $375-^$700 per night. Hope I never get stranded there and have to spend the night.
__________________
It is unfair to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
HiluxCrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014