Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post

There are ribs, under those ribs is 5'11" and I dont' want to go down any lower. so 1" is my max thickness.
So, there you go. Adhesives are less of an issue if whatever is supported from the bottom. A layer of the poor man's Dynamat against the metal roof, plus whatever thickness of high density foam to make up the 1" (or foil-backed styro like you suggested), supported by a skin of the melamine-faced masonite tech-screwed into the supporting ribs.

Not only is it deadened and insulated, it's a nicely finished ceiling. Plus, using three different densities of material will give you exponentially greater sound deadening properties.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer

dlearl476 screwed with this post 04-23-2012 at 10:24 PM
dlearl476 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #17
vwboomer OP
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
So, there you go. Adhesives are less of an issue if whatever is supported from the bottom. A layer of the poor man's Dynamat against the metal roof, plus whatever thickness of high density foam to make up the 1" (or foil-backed styro like you suggested), supported by a skin of the melamine-faced masonite tech-screwed into the supporting ribs.

Not only is it deadened and insulated, it's a nicely finished ceiling. Plus, using three different densities of material will give you exponentially greater sound deadening properties.
yup a layer of rubber, and I picked up the higher R (6.5 I think) foil faced sheathing. I may also slide it down the walls, (I have the top plywood off for wiring) but at $13 a sheet for even Foamular, its gettin kind of spendy. might as well do it i spose

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
vwboomer OP
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,475
fwiw, I found a similar rubber product at Menards. Protectowrap. In addition to a kickass name, it is 10" wide vs 6" and also is a 25' roll for $15.
after doing a few panels I am impressed!

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
fwiw, I found a similar rubber product at Menards. Protectowrap. In addition to a kickass name, it is 10" wide vs 6" and also is a 25' roll for $15.
after doing a few panels I am impressed!

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: