Oddometer: 5,633
Cruiser scooter?

Here ya go:

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #62
btcn OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Those Ridelys look pretty neat. I watched a show about them, and MAN! They sound so badass from the factory! Have a neat, big inch V-Twin like rumble! ALso, IMO they sound neat accelerating with the CVT. They also seem to be adequetly powered, but top out at 85 MPH. Good enough for most. As we done discussed on this page before the engine is actually a utility engine based on the Briggs 24 HP V-Twin but its modified to pump more HP. But its very low RPMs.

daveinva yea thats neat. Sort of like them new Honda VFR 1200 or whatever you call it with that hi teck tranny, but it has full manual, auto, and a sort of push button type shift like you describe. It seems neat, a little complicated and wild of a bike, but cool.

CurveLover I agree. Now, while I don't need no backrest like that there one pictured, I would love a smaller one! Seriously! With the pullback style bards of a cruise, it'd add many more comfortable miles! Although that scoot DOES look seriously comfy if you think about it! To funky looking though.

Klav, wow, I think thats the biggest apes ever!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #63
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurveLover View Post
That's the coolest thing ever!

I've always wondered why rider comfort seems to be the LAST thing on just about every single motorcycle and scooter manufacturer's list. Not having some kind of nice backrest on these machines is the thing I hate the most about riding. Especially on longer trips. That dude has got it going on! It's a no brainer. Why some manufacturer has not jumped on this idea, and designed a machine from the ground up based upon rider comfort FIRST, with all the trimmings, is totally beyond me.

I am still trying to figure out a way to mount even a modest backrest on my Linhai 300 SS. Maybe adapt over one of the backrests made for the Burgman/SW's? I don't know.
I posted the following at an earlier period, at maxi-scoots forum:
Quote:
In the original ComforTmax design the rider sat on a Volvo seat (or something similar) including the full backrest. As the design matured the rider's seat base was reshaped to the more usual triangular shape. The rider's feet rest up each side of the upper-rear of the front wheel.

To fit in a pillion passenger, the luggage pod and the backrest are slid to the rear -- exposing a shorter rider backrest. The rider on a ComforTmax sits much lower than on a standard Tmax so there is a more pronounced difference in seat level between rider and passenger.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #64
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,635
Peter Fouché's T-max based project

at FF Web (a site for low-sitting custom motorcycles and builders

An early stage in construction showing Peter Fouché's T-Max based project. Peter describes his seat base as being adjustable for height, plus forward and backwards. The mounting is also removable for engine access. The front end is pure Hossack. BMW's Duo-Lever is quite similar in function.

Much earlier. A design over-laying projected rider & systems over original TMax stripped bare. Peter plans a streamlined body shell to finish off his project.