Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 05:13 AM   #46
Direktor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 534
Now I know who will be my contact for beer and čevapčići when I will ride to Bosnia
Pozdrav/Regards
Ivica
Old 11-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #47
Home Brew OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Illegal View Post
Now I know who will be my contact for beer and čevapčići when I will ride to Bosnia
Pozdrav/Regards
Ivica
I am always ready for beer, grilled meat and riding! Bujrun!
Home Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:12 AM   #48
boyze boy
n00b

Oddometer: 5
pozdrav prvo molim nekoga tko moze ovaj moj post prevesti da to uradi čitam da ima razgovora o minama ja zivim u kraju koji je bio jako zahvaćen ratom livno. Jako puno se vozimo po planinama oko livna glamoča grahova drvara rame kupresa pa i malo šire to je jedan dobar dio terana prepun planina. Mina ima ali putevi su sigurni to nije problem mislim na makadam i sl.mi smo uvijek na makadamu malo je prenapuhano da je sve odreda minirano po vojnim kartama ifora i slicni vojni organizacija koje su boravile u bosni je minirano sve ali nije tako! Mjesta gdje se ratovalo i gdje su bile prve crte bojišnice da ima mina ne salaziti s puta a gledao sam neke njihove karte označena mjesta kao minirana koja su 10 i vise km bila o linija tako da tu nije bilo nikad mina ljudi su na tim mjestima živjeli cijeli rat.
Eto nadam se da je malo jasnije

evo par slika nadam se da nisu problem ako jesu brišite put pod noge PUT JE SIGURAN

(Powered by frubar.net)

boyze boy screwed with this post 12-27-2011 at 01:23 AM
boyze boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #49
Home Brew OP
Adventurer

Spring has sprung in the Balkans!

Finally, the long winter is over. We were buried in snow here in Sarajevo for a while. The skiing was great, but it is
nice to see the spring. I had the chance last weekend to make a run down to Trogir on Saturday, spend the night and come back to Sarajevo on Sunday.

The ride down was beautiful with great weather and I took a lot of pictures. Coming home was another story. I ended up riding through winds that threatened to blow me off of cliffs and then through rain, sleet and snow. I finally abandoned my plan to return through the mountains, and dropped down towards Mostar and road up the Neretva river valley. It was still a nice ride, but one I have done many times.

My route down was Sarajevo, Novi Travnik, Bugojno, Livno, Prolog, ~~ I tried to cross at Sinjski Obrovac, but got turned back because it is a crossing only for locals ~~ back to Prolog and then crossed at Kamensko and down to Trogir to spend the night.

My route back was Trogir, crossed at Kamensko border crossing, Grabovica, Tomislavgrad ~~ I was going to head across Dugo Polje and then cut up through to Jablanica, but it was too cold, snowy and windy ~~ I turned towards Posusje Brocanac Siroki Brijeg, Mostar, Jablanica, Konjic, and Sarajevo. I ran back into real snow near Sarajevo, but it was not sticking to the roads.

~~ I wrote this in Notepad and am not going to take the time to edit for misspellings. You will have to live with my fat fingered ride report! ~~

Anyway, here are some pictures.

Starting out on Saturday morning.

Mt first stop near Bugojno.

The road ahead, towards Bogojno.

The road behind, towards Novi Travnik.

Still a lot of snow coming through the mountains.

The high plateau near Livno. It was cold and windy, with the distinctive smell of cow along this road. Farmers were
spreading fertilizer.

Here is a war memmorial.

My scoot! She ran strong the whole trip.

This is what I just travelled across.

and what I was going towards.

Obligatory self portrait.

This is after Prolog, heading towards the crossing to Sinj. I got turned back further down the road. The crossing was
only for people living 10 KM from the border and they did not believe I was a local.

The same spot, but back towards Prolog. You climb over mountains before you hit Croatia.

A stop to stretch the legs.

Still heading towards Sinj.

Very close to getting turned back here.

There was no sign, but I think something very bad happened at this place. This is at the top of the memmorial.

Stairs going down to a cave.

The wire mesh covers the mouth of a cave that opens straight down. This is at the bottom of the steps.

I did not take any pictures of the border crossing where I got turned back. I also did not take any more pictures along
the rest of teh ride to Trogir. These are all pictures walking around Trogir through the evening.

The view from my room.

A nice room for the night, but noisy. There was a night club up the street with kids out on the street all night yelling
and singing. They had a good time!

Random shots of Trogir.

That is my hotel with the guy standing in front.

A frosty beverage!

I headed out early the next morning. The day started with bad weather, low black-grey skies and gusty winds. The temperature had dropped significantly too. A few times I thought the wind was going to blow me off the road (cliff) or into oncoming traffic. It was pretty frightening for a while, but I had to get back to Sarajevo. Staying another night was not an option. I did not take many pictures, but here are a couple I did take once I got down to the Neretva Valley.

Past Mostar, going up towards Jablanica.

The road behind me. The river was on my left at this point.

Climbing into the snow.

I did not take any more pictures until I took these last two, right outside of Sarajevo. I was very happy to be home. I ate soup, drank tea and soaked in hot water trying to warm back up. I fell asleep that night about 6 in the evening and did not wake until the next morning. It was quite a ride back home.

Anyway, this is what I came home to.

That is all until I go back out again. I will post more pics through the spring and summer.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #50
zoki1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Thumb

Dobar report Zemo !!!! pozdrav od suncna i topla Makedonija !!! pa naigite
Old 04-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #51
Home Brew OP
Adventurer

Hvala Zoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoki1 View Post
Dobar report Zemo !!!! pozdrav od suncna i topla Makedonija !!! pa naigite
Hvala Zoki. Ja bi volio da vozim u Makedoniju kada imam dug vikend. Daleko je! Pozdrav od Sarajeva! :
Old 04-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #52
goran e
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Evo malo slika i upoznavanje našeg terena ako te put nanese na ovoj temi..

http://www.motori.hr/forum/index.php...93415.600.html
goran e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #53
Home Brew OP
Adventurer

Hvala na linku

Quote:
Originally Posted by goran e View Post
Evo malo slika i upoznavanje našeg terena ako te put nanese na ovoj temi..

http://www.motori.hr/forum/index.php...93415.600.html
Ja cu dodi tamo kada se vrijeme poboljsa. Danas je hladno kisovito u Sarajevo.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #54
Home Brew OP
Adventurer

A quick trip to Gorazde on back roads.

This past weekend I took a trip to Gorazde from Sarajevo. I started heading towards Foca and turned off on an
interesting looking road well before Foca. I travelled a little over 150 miles in about 4 hours. Not breaking any
records, but I had a good time.

Here are some pictures of the trip.

Loaded up and ready to go.

I chose to ride towards Gorazde.

I came across teh village of Hamzici. I have a friend with the family name of Hamzic and thought this might be where his family is from - it's not!

On this spot on August 18, 1992, Fadil Dozo died. I am not sure who he was, but he was part of the Bosnian Army.

I had blacktop for a while.

There is still snow higher up.

This was a nice place about 22 years ago, before the war.

I would be careful where you go off of the road now though. This is a general map of mines in the area.

The road turned to dirt from this point.

You can see the road twisting through the mountains ahead.

It is a whole lot of this.

People are farming here - there are not mines everywhere. You can see a table where farmers have lunch at the edge of their field.

I like this shot.

Slow down! ...and watch for rocks.

Here is the village of Jabuka (Apple).

Pulling into Jabuka.

Innocent looking road.

With this on the sides. Here is a 20 year old mine field. Luckily there is a sign.

There are a lot of these turns as you get closer to Gorazde and back on the blacktop.

Some Yugo nostalgia.

Welcome to Gorazde!

Ustipraca - back towards Sarajevo on the main road.

Sarajevo is on the other side of that distant ridge.

This is coming into Rogatica, heading towards Sarajevo. Still about an hour and a half from home.

Getting closer!

Pulling into Sarajevo and home.

Close up of the brewery and the Franciscan monestary.

It was a quick ride out and back, but a lot of fun. I wil do another tomorrow, but I am not sure which direction I will head. Until later!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #55
linksIT
nOObie

Oddometer: 254
nice. beautiful country
linksIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #56
STOP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111

Great stuff zemljak