Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #17
Jungle Man OP
frenzied adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Day 5 continued

While I was heading up into Yellowstone I saw a ton of signs. You know the signs that say "Deer crossing next two miles," Well I check my odometer and literally in two miles there was another sign that said the same thing. This was common. There were also a lot of those radar speed limit signs. I didn't show up on any if I was behind cars. I decided I would check my speedo but that meant passing the cars. when I got to the sign, it just flashed red and blue. One sign even had attitude, It read "Bears with cubs crossing next ten miles. So slow down Cowboy!" I didn't even see a squirrel in the next 24 miles of slow riding I did. Was that necessary? It was a fancy electronic sign on a trailer that probably cost more than $10k.
I think all of the radar exposure was making me irritable so I decided to Hell with Yellowstone and beat cleats Northwest; and you know what I got? Northwest weather.
This was entering Idaho from Jakson. There were quite a few lightning storms around but the rain was mild.
Idaho is cool because there are dirt roads everywhere and they all lead somewhere. After a few miles on this one I decided I was too ambitious and turned back for the main road. I headed towards American Falls. On the way there I saw a billboard that said "Yellowstone Drive Through Bear Park." I thought "that sounds lame" then I passed the park along the interstate and it looked way cool. I saw an albino reindeer, several moose and a few bears all while cooking along at 70 mph. I should have stopped.
It was dark by the time I got to American falls and I had no idea where to sleep. I found an rv park that was open and being used but I saw no information or anyone running it. I saw a sign for a self pay, but then no pay station. It was Willow Bay recreation area. I left a little confused and began down a dirt road nearby. I stopped and planned on setting camp there but while I was peeing I could see and hear several rodents running along the ground. This place was littered with little critters, I also heard two guys in the field speaking what might have been Italian but they were hard to hear. I started the bike and got out of there. I saw two guys running into a wooded pathway. I rode back to the rv park and slept on another picnic table. I chose the one furthest from the RV's and closest to the field.
I heard a coyote right along the edge of those bushes, also my air mattress developed a leak. It was slow enough that I could fall asleep before becoming uncomfortable.

"If you're too busy to hunt and fish, you're too busy"
Jase-Duck Dynasty

Jungle Man screwed with this post 04-27-2012 at 09:33 PM
Jungle Man is offline   Reply With Quote