Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Oddometer: 431
Weatherproof Motorcycle USB Socket

G'day all!

I have a new product available I think many of you will find very interesting! Most people have some type of device to keep charged these days, and our new weatherproof USB socket is ideally suited to charge ANY power hungry device on the go including iPads/iPhones which require a 2A USB power supply. There are other types of USB sockets available but i'm not aware of any portable ones that are 2A. Also, its has 2 ports x 2A so you can keep two devices going such as a portable GPS, phone, etc charged at the same time!
~~~Correction!!! This model is 2A total. You can run one device @ 2A or 2 devices at 1A/each. A 4A (2A x 2) is in development and will be available this summer. Sorry for the mix-up~~~

Power socket includes a weather-proof rubber cover to keep water out. The handle bar mount and heavy gauge wire with quick-splice connector make installation very simple.

Its also available without the handlebar bracket for in-vehicle installation here

This item includes free shipping anywhere in Canada/USA!

futurevisionhid.com screwed with this post 04-29-2012 at 08:54 PM
futurevisionhid.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Nut Clutch
was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer: 429
How much power does it use when nothing is plugged into it?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,582
I'd looked at these on Ebay, and found the price a little stiff, which as I recall was $29. An ADVrider discount is perhaps in order? It's an elegant design, but one can do nearly the same thing (in a far uglier package) with about twelve bucks worth of components,
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
XR650L
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Hi

Does this unit reduce the power from 12v to acceptable voltage for use into a Garmin 62s?

If so, How much does this cost and do you have it in stock?

Regards

Jaco
Old 04-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lavigne View Post
How much power does it use when nothing is plugged into it?
It draws 0.01A in idle mode.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
I'd looked at these on Ebay, and found the price a little stiff, which as I recall was $29. An ADVrider discount is perhaps in order? It's an elegant design, but one can do nearly the same thing (in a far uglier package) with about twelve bucks worth of components,
Im not aware of any that have a 2A capacity, and other models weve seen without the bar mount and only one port in a weather-proof design have a higher cost. Also we do offer free shipping with this item which cost around $10 to most USA locations.

We do offer a 15% advrider discount on almost everything else we sell using the 'advider' coupon code.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L View Post
Hi

Does this unit reduce the power from 12v to acceptable voltage for use into a Garmin 62s?

If so, How much does this cost and do you have it in stock?

Regards

Jaco
It reduces it to the standard 5VDC used on all USB ports. If your device has a USB cable it will work. Since this posted on a couple of forums last week we have almost sold out, but more are on the way. Its available here:
http://www.futurevisionhid.com/water...er-supply.html
Old 04-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Sorry, but I think this vendor is a piss-artist. He's not watching his thread nor his product. I'd rather be proved wrong, but I don't I don't suspect I will.
Thanks for the comment, however I'm the one who posts here and I was spending the lovely weekend with my kids. I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has, anytime I'm available.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
Nut Clutch
was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurevisionhid.com View Post
It draws 0.01A in idle mode.
Thanks. One more related question. Is there a mechanical switch that activates the idle mode, or is just based on when it detects a load?

In other words, can i leave a cable plugged into it and have it stay in idle mode as long as there isn't something plugged into the other side?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 04-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lavigne View Post
Thanks. One more related question. Is there a mechanical switch that activates the idle mode, or is just based on when it detects a load?

In other words, can i leave a cable plugged into it and have it stay in idle mode as long as there isn't something plugged into the other side?

Thanks,

Steve
It does not draw any power with only a cable plugged in and automatically turns on when a device is plugged in.

I should have mentioned the low power draw during idle mode is for the blue LED back light.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #11
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,582
Thanks for the response. I retract my previous commentary with apologies. Ten dollars shipping appears to be very high within the US, but not from Canada to the States or elsewhere.

How do you add value to your product? Do you assemble and check quality control or are these simply ordered from Asia? What warranty do you offer?

Your price is reasonable for North American assembly and QC, with a warranty that's worth something. However, if you are simply a broker for stuff that comes from Shanghai in a shipping container, I'll pass. It's not worth my time wiring up something that's going to fail on the second ride.
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I retract my previous commentary with apologies. Ten dollars shipping appears to be very high within the US, but not from Canada to the States or elsewhere.

How do you add value to your product? Do you assemble and check quality control or are these simply ordered from Asia? What warranty do you offer?

Your price is reasonable for North American assembly and QC, with a warranty that's worth something. However, if you are simply a broker for stuff that comes from Shanghai in a shipping container, I'll pass. It's not worth my time wiring up something that's going to fail on the second ride.
Apology accepted.
Unfortunately, shipping to the USA is not cheap for us so that has to be absorbed into the cost. Post is the cheapest option and that cost is beyond our control.

We source our components/products from several countries and are extremely careful that we only choose products that meet our very high standards. A vast majority of our products/components come from Korea. Some assembly of the electrical accessories are done in our facility in Canada, while others come direct from our manufacturers built to our spec or in some cases our designs. Some items we add value to and we also do some custom work here. The USB port is made in Taiwan and is by far better then any USB device we tested. There were many cheaper alternatives in China, but this one was chosen as its simply the BEST one we could find. I have personally been to the factory that makes this device as they also make some of our other components used in our lighting systems and everything they make is as good as any similar product made here. I agree with you there is far too many poor quality products coming out of that region, but they are not part of our product line.
Every single product that comes through our facility is double quality checked and tested prior to sale. If it doesn't meet our high quality standards we simply wont sell it or we go back and have the item redesigned/modified to meet our needs. Most of our business is direct to industry/factories and they demand best quality, not the cheapest items we can find.

All items come with a minimum one year unlimited use warranty and the LED lights are 3 year unlimited use.

You could check the active thread I started on ADVrider over 4 years ago to see many comments from buyers. 800+ posts and growing. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. Always has been, always will be and we offer a 30 day money back guarantee on our products if you feel they are not what you expected.

~~ NOTE: DUE TO EXTREMELY POPULAR DEMAND WE HAVE SOLD OUT OF THIS ITEM AGAIN! ANY ORDERS PLACED NOW WILL BE SHIPPED IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS BUT AFTER THE NEXT SHIPMENT WE WONT HAVE ANY MORE TILL JULY (POSSIBLY SOONER) AS THERE IS A COMPONENT SHORTAGE.~~
Old 05-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
Mike.C
Stelvio Dreamer!

Oddometer: 588
Hey Bruno,

Is the blue light on all the time, or only when something is attached.

Can the light be disabled?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #14
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.C View Post
Hey Bruno,

Is the blue light on all the time, or only when something is attached.

Can the light be disabled?
It can't be disabled. When not in use the rubber cover will hide the light. Its not annoyingly bright, just enough to make it very easy to locate the ports at night.

You can order it with our waterproof toggle switch or connect to any existing switch if you want to disable it completely.

I'll keep this in mind for future developments.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #15
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Quote:

Almost everything is made in Asia, so lets not bunch everything into "stuff made in Asia is shit".
All Apple products are made in China, im pretty sure Apple products are one of the best made electrics on the market.