Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #932
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
kv with upgraded turret in the garage
that t-28 grind almost killed me
I actually liked the t-28, long side profile sucks but the 85mm is a good gun and it had surprising speed.

I also have a KV and KV-3 waiting for 7.3, next week I've heard.

Working the Wildcat trying to save up for the T-20 I have researched but I'll be ready for the IS by then.
2000 Suzuki SV650 race bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #933
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,079
Probably 2 weeks before 7.3, if they run a third test. Test #2 just started today.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #934
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,106
I think I'm about done researching what I want to research on Spear's account, save for working up to the T30, and really am only curious about the path that the French light-to-medium line can offer with the Corbon account.

I'd be making a lot of money right now for the games I'm playing, but tier 9 puts a drain on the wallet more than it brings it in.

One frustrating thing I'm noticing is that the higher tier I get, the more I am alone out in front. I don't mind supporting or leading an attack per se (I am am aggressive tanker usually), but if the top tank for the team is the first one scouting by the mid-way points, a good part of the team isn't doing its job. I find I, and my team, do much better if I am slow to load at the beginning of a game. If they see I'm not active, I guess they go ahead and play normally. When I load up I can catch up and place my top-tier tank strategically for the best effect. If I race right from the start it just about never works.... too many people AFK or still trying to decide where to go after load-up. This sucks because I like to take as much territory as possible from the beginning (not a rush, just placing tanks ideally just a little past the half-way point across most maps - not the bay one though), but without immediate support it is just a fail tactic. It's almost as if the game forces you to play to the lowest common denominator of the team, because if you don't then you will not have their guns in the battle when you need them. Late guns are losing guns.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #935
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,564
I have the same problem.
Also, most of my tanks are pretty fast so if I'm at the top, and our team is following I can outpace everyone pretty quickly.
I will sometimes just keep my hand off the mouse so that it looks like I still haven't loaded. Watch to see if anything needs my support and go there.
NOMADS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #936
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,506
Yesterday my T20 was doing pretty good. Today I was following an IS7 and4 and M103 against a Maus, T110E5 and a couple of IS7's. I didn't last long
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #937
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,195
What is the deal with suicide scouts? The two or three light tanks race clear to the opposing flag and mostly die on the way there. I can see going for arty but they need to wait for the big-guns to leave the scene first. The smart ones go half-way and hide out in a good spotting location, trouble is they are always on the other team. I end up scouting with my E8, Hellcat or KV-3 because no-one else will move.
2000 Suzuki SV650 race bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #938
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,201
Suiscouting is an almost must-to-do when going after the enemy arty and taking it out yourself. If you have arty support, you have a prayer of surviving, depending on your driving skill level. Finally, the longer you can remain on station and scout their armor, the more time your arty has to whittle them down. The ideal situation is finding a place to hide and then report back, except the other side doubtless knows where those positions are and makes sure they're clear.

Scouting without arty support serves no real useful purpose. Scouting with friendly support can be devastating to the enemy armor.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #939
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,598
Tier 7 arty sucks. One shot, one kill on my Tiger.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #940
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519 View Post
Suiscouting is an almost must-to-do when going after the enemy arty and taking it out yourself. If you have arty support, you have a prayer of surviving, depending on your driving skill level. Finally, the longer you can remain on station and scout their armor, the more time your arty has to whittle them down. The ideal situation is finding a place to hide and then report back, except the other side doubtless knows where those positions are and makes sure they're clear.

Scouting without arty support serves no real useful purpose. Scouting with friendly support can be devastating to the enemy armor.

Sadly, suicide scouting works pretty well sometimes. Rush the enemy base while the heavies are still near, detect 8-10 enemies, get killed and when you're team wins by killing all, you'll reap XP.

But I'm often surviving arty killing missions, you just mustn't go in early. I usually rush to a scouting spot in the middle of the map on one of the flanks and stay put with my camo net and binocs. Then I wait until the fronts are formed and push on to the enemy base. More often than not, I find 2 arties, only supported by a single TD that asks to die in the circle of death.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #941
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Then again, sometimes it really works....Friday, I saw a T-50 take down two IS's solo (in town on Lakeville) after he took my Easy 8 down, plus I think he got another kill or two.....
Old 04-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #942
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,480
Last night, epic win by the other team...

Siegfried Line, I'm in the north in my slow, new-to-me VK3601H, and I take the steep climb to the eastern road over the hill. I'm 80% to the top, when 4, yes 4, AMX 13-90's come crashing over the crest and wipe out the three of us that were climbing up. There was no way to overcome that, I don't care how good you are. Swarming little fuckers... but well played.

Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge
Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #943
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Last night, epic win by the other team...

Siegfried Line, I'm in the north in my slow, new-to-me VK3601H, and I take the steep climb to the eastern road over the hill. I'm 80% to the top, when 4, yes 4, AMX 13-90's come crashing over the crest and wipe out the three of us that were climbing up. There was no way to overcome that, I don't care how good you are. Swarming little fuckers... but well played.
It is nice when you can get a group like that...If I see a bunch take off like that even if I am in my Pz III or something pretty quick I will follow....it is a pretty good way to go....one group I was with called it wolfpack.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #944
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Type 59's are notorious for doing that.......
Old 04-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #945
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,564
4 13-90's
You're pretty much screwed if they even double up.
Those things are nasty and with 2 of them you can't even get them when they reload their magazine. 4 is a rolling swarm of death.

I had a bunch of good battles last night, but 1 really sticks out.
On Stepps. Our team no arty, no TD's their team 4 TD's. I didn't think that was even possable the way they had things set up.
We lost, but it wasn't a blowout.

The Hellcat with 100 octaine gas and the 76 mm AT Gun M1A2 instead of the 90 is stupid fun IMO. I'm not really grinding for creds right now so if I loose a little $$ it's no big deal. So far it's paid for itself.
NOMADS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: