ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #481
eakins OP
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
I'm planning on attending the BMW Rally in Llano this weekend & will have all my stock of Butler maps with me. I'll give folks a RALLY DISCOUNT PRICE on any of them. My trip there IS weather dependant though....

Rally info ...

http://www.bmwra.org/rallymap/
way cool.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #482
waddyp
Quite Content
 
waddyp's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Oddometer: 474
Great! Just cruisiing through Vendors, and found Butler Maps to be very active here. I placed an order with you (3/20-12, #997-287365) and haven't seen a thing. Was going to give you a month, but now that I see you're still in business, I'll give a call on Monday to find out 'what's up'.
__________________
Ed in Michigan MOA 32687
'07 R1200GS
'03 Honda XR400
waddyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #483
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie
 
Mr2mch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: where the highway leads ya...hint ...avitar
Oddometer: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
I'm planning on attending the BMW Rally in Llano this weekend & will have all my stock of Butler maps with me. I'll give folks a RALLY DISCOUNT PRICE on any of them. My trip there IS weather dependant though....

Rally info ...

http://www.bmwra.org/rallymap/
The rally in Llano this past weekend was pretty laid back. The storms prob kept some folks away....I kno it sure sent some home early! I stayed Sat night & the storm kinda fizzled so Sun was great. Big fish fry & BBQ Sat evening by the Llano Fire Dept. GREAT FOOD FOLKS!!

Sold a few maps too.Met some folks from Roll The Bones rally at the motel later Sat night & we rode all day Sun. Not much rain...all done while eating breakfast. Wound em round all the good stuff & ended up in Comfort.Headed north at 4:45 !! Home at 8:30 with one 15 min stop for a bbq sand & over 200 mi. !! Flowers on Altus-Davis Rd east of Willow City were some of the best yet. One of my favorite "short cuts" to Fburg. I'm gonna try to do some more rallys & offer the Butler Maps. Thanx to Hap Hazard for plantin the idea of coming.
__________________
Rod the Tye Dyed Texas TourGuide...Like my stickers??

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #484
eakins OP
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddyp View Post
Great! Just cruisiing through Vendors, and found Butler Maps to be very active here. I placed an order with you (3/20-12, #997-287365) and haven't seen a thing. Was going to give you a month, but now that I see you're still in business, I'll give a call on Monday to find out 'what's up'.
something is not right.
sorry about that.
we always ship out very fast.
please call 877-379-6053
PM me if you need help!
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #485
eakins OP
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
The rally in Llano this past weekend was pretty laid back. The storms prob kept some folks away....I kno it sure sent some home early! I stayed Sat night & the storm kinda fizzled so Sun was great. Big fish fry & BBQ Sat evening by the Llano Fire Dept. GREAT FOOD FOLKS!!

Sold a few maps too.Met some folks from Roll The Bones rally at the motel later Sat night & we rode all day Sun. Not much rain...all done while eating breakfast. Wound em round all the good stuff & ended up in Comfort.Headed north at 4:45 !! Home at 8:30 with one 15 min stop for a bbq sand & over 200 mi. !! Flowers on Altus-Davis Rd east of Willow City were some of the best yet. One of my favorite "short cuts" to Fburg. I'm gonna try to do some more rallys & offer the Butler Maps. Thanx to Hap Hazard for plantin the idea of coming.
sounds like fun Rod.
thnx
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #486
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!
 
flux_capacitor's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cumming GA
Oddometer: 9,597
I ordered my CO map and the book too a few months ago and finally found some free time to peruse them properly and post up about it. FANTASTIC is all I can say about these two items. Glad I bought the accompanying book, too, as I wondered if they would cover the exact same material... they do not... which is what I was hoping for. That book just has to be the most detailed riding book of all time.. well done. The map is fantastic. Can't wait to get to CO this July with my brother. Gonna be EPIC.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #487
eakins OP
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,225
BIG news

2nd editions of ID, MT, WY plus
3rd editions of UT
now available.

i spent the last 3 months adding dirt roads to ID, MT, WY
plus expanded UT and we added a mobil tour guide.
all maps now have hot springs listed!

http://www.butlermaps.com/Motorcycle-Road-Maps/
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #488
eakins OP
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
I ordered my CO map and the book too a few months ago and finally found some free time to peruse them properly and post up about it. FANTASTIC is all I can say about these two items. Glad I bought the accompanying book, too, as I wondered if they would cover the exact same material... they do not... which is what I was hoping for. That book just has to be the most detailed riding book of all time.. well done. The map is fantastic. Can't wait to get to CO this July with my brother. Gonna be EPIC.
awesome. yeah our map and steve's book compliment each other very well.
i reference both all the time.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:33 AM   #489
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over
 
DockingPilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Andover, N.J.
Oddometer: 8,886
Bill,
Tony Huegel has proven himself time and time again that he has the knowlege of the backcountry and the knack for knowing just where adventure type riders want to be and should go, out west.
Just thought I'd mention.
Frank
__________________
Frank Reinbold

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"

DockingPilot screwed with this post 04-29-2012 at 04:39 AM
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #490
NorthernStar
Work in Progress
 
NorthernStar's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Warming up in WA
Oddometer: 242
Eakins,

Before I put an order in - just wanted to find out if you have a Dual Sport / DirtRoads edition for the state of WA?
Thanks
Frank
__________________
"There are those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that wonder what the heck happened." Libby
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #491
eakins OP
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
Bill,
Tony Huegel has proven himself time and time again that he has the knowlege of the backcountry and the knack for knowing just where adventure type riders want to be and should go, out west.
Just thought I'd mention.
Frank
Absolutely Frank!
I put that up fast late last night when i got the word, but have time to give credit when credit is due.

Tony Huegel http://www.backcountrybyways.com/ was the key instrumental person in producing the ID plus also helped out with UT. He is an ID guru!

Tim Bernard & company http://www.happy-trail.com/ also helped out greatly with ID. They are ID ADV touring gurus.

Cole Boehler http://motorcyclingmontana.com/ was instrumental with the MT map. We sell now his book too http://www.butlermaps.com/Motorcycle...g-Montana-Book
Awesome book & highly recommended package for anyone traveling to MT.

i'd also like to thank everyone who helped me identify remote gas stations for the maps.

thnx Bill Eakins
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #492
eakins OP
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
Eakins,

Before I put an order in - just wanted to find out if you have a Dual Sport / DirtRoads edition for the state of WA?
Thanks
Frank
only the WABDR at this point, no complete WA state map yet. it's planned.
sorry.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #493
eakins OP
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,225
May of 2010 our 1st map, Colorado, was released.
It's been a long & awesome ride since the 1st one...
ALOT has happened in less than 2 yrs time.
Thanks everyone for believing in & supporting us :-)
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #494
NorthernStar
Work in Progress
 
NorthernStar's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Warming up in WA
Oddometer: 242
Thanks Bill for the other links and for the info - incoming order
__________________
"There are those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that wonder what the heck happened." Libby
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #495
kbuckey
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Lookout Mountain - above Golden, CO
Oddometer: 732
Yeah, I have two of the Colorado maps (one always stays on the DR), and the book. So good I just ordered the version 2 of the Idaho, Wyoming and Montana maps for my upcoming trip to Idaho. Great job!
kbuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014