Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #46
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Oddometer: 666
Looks like our Pontiac friend is selling his car...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/2977737272.html

bbishoppcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #47
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph View Post
Most of the shit I take about scooters happens off the road. The other day I was letting my Stella warm up outside work and a guy walked by and said "Too bad it isn't a Harley, eh?" I ignored him.
My mental response is "thank god it isn't" and if/when I make a verbal response it would be more along the lines of if I wanted a Harley I'd buy a Harley but I choose my ride.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #48
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,399
As one guy said being old means I really don't care what others think. Even the woman are going easier to please. You took a bath, Do you need any vagia? Oh good it still works. . When ever someone says I ll race you I go if I get off the line first and stay there for 30 feet I win. Any scooter can do that do to weighing under 250 pounds. You can even beat a million buck car off the line with it before you start eatting it's dust 4 seconds latter.
Yah being old is fun because we understand that yes we look like a cross between bigfoot and chicken with it's head cut off. and it really doesn't made one dam bit of difference to who I am. All that madders is that I really LIVING LIFE AND NOT JUST FAKING IT.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #49
vex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Where you live has a major impact on how often you hear that shit. I've been scootering near daily for 8 years, and have only been heckled a couple times. And all were in the Tri-Cities area of Washington, which is very conservative/Republican.
I was born in the Tri-Cities. Never a scooter rider while I lived there, but I can see how the Good Old Boys would take to heckling a scooter rider.

Quote:
Then I moved to much more liberal parts of the state (Bellingham, Seattle) and I don't hear it any more. I still get "When are you gonna get a real bike?"-type comments, but never while I'm actually riding. And never with added homophobia or misogyny. It's nice!
I haven't been a scooter rider long enough to hear any comments, but I have some pretty good comebacks, should I feel the need. After riding motos *and* scooters now, I can say they both have their place, and they're both more fun than driving a cage. Eff'em if they don't like your ride.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote