User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
ruffntuff OP
TUFRDR

Oddometer: 106
Best Women's Armored suit?

So I've been doing a lot of research looking for a good suit for a LONG trip I will be doing this summer. I've narrowed it down to the Olympia Airglide and Tourmaster Flex jackets. Still unsure on pants. I'm 5'5 and 130lbs. Does anyone have suggestions on the best jacket and pants to purchase for a woman? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:37 AM   #2
Transient
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Sadly, "best" depends heavily on fit and fit varies wildly from brand to brand, even model to model. My semi-wife spent hours trying all the women's jackets at our local shop. About one in every ten fit well, then it was a matter of protection, style, etc. She ended up with the Scorpion NipTuck jacket, which includes Sas-Tec armor, and we added a Sas-Tec back pad.

Pants are another matter. Fit on those is absurd. Being able to try things on, or a good return policy, is essential.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
Joey Stalin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
i know teiz makes a women's one piece suit, may be worth checking out. good company.

http://store.teizms.com/revolution
Joey Stalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
Transient
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Stalin View Post
i know teiz makes a women's one piece suit, may be worth checking out. good company.

http://store.teizms.com/revolution
Another vote. It's more expensive, but absolutely top of the line and measured to fit you precisely. I tried to talk my gal into a Revolution, but she's just about to get her first bike and isn't ready to go for a one-piece suit.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #5
Kannonball8
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Teiz Revolution

My wife bought a Teiz Revolution suit. It really is a custom fit, they requested a full set of measurements plus she had several phone conversations with the company owners to discuss everything from the type of bike she rides to her color prefrences. When the suit arrived it looked great, very well made, however she didn't like the fit in the crotch, too much drop, so she called Gazi, the owner, and he was great to deal with. We sent back pictures and measurements of the suit and the areas that didn't fit as she liked. Not only did they make another suit but they told her to keep the original suit till she got the new one (about 7 weeks) and they paid all shipping. Couldn't ask for better customer service. Her new suit fits great an there is no question that it's a girl inside! These suits are about $900 but seem to be very well made and as far as I know one of the only truly custom made womans suits on the market.
I have a Teiz Lombard one piece suit that I got last December. It served me well for winter riding and now that the weather is warming up it also seems to be very well vented. I'm generally pleased with the suit and for $400 I think it's a good value. I really like the zip in liners, only one garment to take on and off rather than a shell with seperate thermal layers. I've got a problem with some stitching comming apart in the side of the suit, I'll talk to Gazi next week to figure out how to take care of it. Problem is not the thread braking but the fabric has come unraveled so nothing to re-stich to. Customer service has been outstanding with my wife's suit so I'm sure I can expect the same with my problem.
Ural Patrol-T
Triumph Tiger 800 & Ural-T (wife's)
Kannonball8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
go gonzo
The Mustard of Pants

Oddometer: 192
Lurkin for the missus
go gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 810
"Best Women's Armored suit" My wife is close to your size and bought the Airglide III. With the liners it is comfortble down to 50 and was fine today at 89 degrees even in stop and go traffic. GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote