www.aiofrance.com
Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #17
LuisLourenco
Blue orange

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisLourenco View Post
I have good news!

It will be possible to arrange rental bikes here in Lisbon, fully prepared for the Rally. Will be provided / rented by a KTM dealer in Portugal.

The bikes will be KTM 450/530, with:

- 24 litres tank
- Roadbook f2r
- trip remote control for use with original Trip2 (ICO as option)
- Radiator fan
- Bib mousses and Bridgestone Gritty ED77/ED78 (Michelin Desert as option)
- Carter protection

Now I'm working on a plan to transport the bikes to and from the Raid and other logistics...

Not possible yet to have a final price but I think will be a fair price comparing with we can find in the market...

Who is interested ? (of course not yet a commitment...)
Prices already available. Send pm
'96 Africa Twin
R3 Roadbook Rally Raid
LuisLourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #18
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,725
http://translate.google.com/translat...lye-64996.html

I ran it through google transate:

The 25 th edition of the Raid of Friendship was held in Morocco from April 28 to May 8, 2012. Under the High Patronage of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, this edition will bring competitors from Marrakech to Agadir and borrow the best Moroccan tracks. Technical and navigation will be waiting for you, just like the friendliness and cheerfulness ...

26 years and the determination of a man were allowed to the Friendship Raid to become a reference in the closed world of Rally-Raid Africans. Each year, more and more pilots join AIO and enjoy this adventure to taste the joys and galleys of Moroccan tracks. The Raid is special to see all nine types of terrain and enjoy a seamless organization where security is synonymous with friendliness and respect. There is no "left behind" in AIO, competitors ride at their level and take advantage of the raid at their own pace.

The alternative!
With the predicted demise of some Rally Raid and geopolitical problems of the regions that host events normally, IOA creates the event and opens the raid to vehicles of categories T1, T2 but also to trucks Class T4. The Raid of Friendship is a great opportunity for drivers and teams to come and test the equipment and work their navigation. Back to basics and return values ​​of the Rally Raid entant on a technical course of alternating steps long, and difficult to navigate to the old, all without the pressure of the clock, but with an obligation to be as regular as possible .

Raid of Friendship: School Rally
Today's youth are tomorrow's champions! It is in this passion for youth and sport that AIO support frames and especially 18 to 25 years with a very special formula that allows them to learn to navigate and drive in rally. It also gives them the opportunity to benefit from the experience and guidance of former champions who have gone at least once by the Raid of Friendship.

Dates to remember known 25th Raid of Friendship 2012:
From April 28 to May 8
28/04: Home in Marrakech
29/04: Step 1 - Marrakech - Tinerhir
30/04: Step 2 - Tinerhir - Merzouga
01/05: Step 3 - Merzouga - Mhamid
02/05: Step 4 - Mhamid - Mhamid
03/05: Step 5 - Mhamid - Jeff Ford
04/05: Step 6 - Jeff Ford - Icht
05/05: Step 7 - Icht - Tata
06/05: Step 8 - Tata - White Beach
07/05: Step 9 - White Beach - Agadir
08/05: Awards in Agadir

Formulas from 1 000 to 2 800 euros.
For young people under 25, € 500 AIO refund on registration.

Remember:
Dates: April 28 to May 8, 2012
Contacts: AIO France 00 33 3 44 59 10 41 - www.aiofrance.com

Old 03-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #19
LuisLourenco
Blue orange

Fair translation :)

Special prices apply to whom is joining the Portuguese team, and we can provide rent-a-bikes ready to race.

Anyone interested, send me a pm.
'96 Africa Twin
R3 Roadbook Rally Raid
Old 04-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #20
arqui
Dreamer

Oddometer: 10
geting ready to go
Old 04-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #21
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arqui View Post
geting ready to go
Old 04-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #22
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

After crossing with minimal hassle, the 280 enthusiasts committed this year the Raid of Friendship began arriving in Marrakech where dropper on the look of the entire organization Raid.
The serious stuff starts to happen with the administrative and technical checks, loading the GPS, the first reunion of aperitifs, all in a friendly atmosphere and under a sun that .... has trouble finding a way between the clouds.

For this 25th edition, 3000 km of tracks to go. At the counter, between 250 and 350 km per day on an amazing course that will take competitors to Tinherir Marrakech, Merzouga, M'hamid, Jeff Ford, Tata, Icht, White Beach and Agadir finally arrived for the awards and .

This year over 130 motorbikes, 10 quads and 20 4x4 AIO who joined in this great adventure. Regularity, guidance and control, the Raid of Friendship this is an alternative to classic and Rally Raid is a great opportunity for drivers and teams to come and test the equipment and work their navigation.

Security is as always the key word of this adventure. Highly qualified medical teams ensure this mission in addition to assistance and means of military and civilian rescue of the highest Moroccan authorities.

The first briefing will be held this evening at 19pm and a surprise awaits the competitors already, the first stage of 437 km from Marrakech Todra Gorge and crossed with the beautiful scenery of the High Atlas and several passes where snow is announced! !

THis was the google translate version of this:
from here:

http://aiofrance.com/actu-c-est-parti.html

Après une traversée sans trop d'encombres, les 280 passionnés engagés cette année sur le Raid de l'Amitié commencent à arriver au compte goutte sur Marrakech où les attends toute l'organisation du Raid.
Les choses sérieuses commence dès leur arriver avec les vérifications administratives et techniques, le chargement des GPS, les premiers apéros de retrouvaille, le tout dans une ambiance conviviale et sous un soleil qui …. a du mal à se trouver un chemin entre les nuages.

Pour cette 25ème édition, 3 000 km de pistes à parcourir. Au compteur, entre 250 et 350 km par jour sur un tracé exceptionnel qui emmènera les concurrents de Marrakech à Tinherir, Merzouga, M'hamid, Gué Jeff, Tata, Icht, Plage Blanche et enfin Agadir pour l'arrivé et la remise des prix.

Cette année se sont plus de 130 motos, 10 quads et 20 4x4 qui ont rejoint AIO dans cette formidable aventure. Epreuve de régularité, d’orientation et de maîtrise, le Raid de l’Amitié ce veut une alternative au Rallye Raid classique et est une très bonne opportunité pour les pilotes et les écuries de venir tester le matériel et travailler leur navigation.

La sécurité est comme toujours le maître mot de cette aventure. Les équipes médicales hautement qualifiées assureront cette mission en complément de l’assistance et des moyens de secours militaires et civiles des plus hautes autorités marocaines.

Le premier briefing aura lieu ce soir vers 19H et une surprise attend déjà les concurrents, une première étape de 437 km entre Marrakech et les gorge du Todra avec la traversé des superbes paysages du Haut Atlas et de plusieurs cols où la neige est annoncé !!!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #23
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,757
Wish I were there again right now- what a great event this is!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #24
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

This was/is on my list. Looks like a ton of fun and great people. Grimmy almost had me talked into it... I'm going to try and return the favor next year the rental deal I thought this year was pretty nice.

Etape 1 : Marrakech - Tinerhir (Todra)

Long and hard ... that's the feeling of pilots arrived tonight at Todra Gorge where the caravan camped for the night of the raid. With a departure at 8:30 after 117 km of liaison, the competitors have actually started the 2012 raid by quite a tricky track, which has surprised a few. With passages at high altitude, the competitors were able to appreciate the beauty of the High Atlas but the idyllic setting must not forget the legendary subject of surprise that dot every km of tracks maroccaine. Large positive despite everything, a bright sun and snow to subscribers absent.

But this was special lasts. At 8:00 p.m. Sunday evening, only 50 motorcycles and a Self, of the 150 vehicles are involved happened to get the special Todra Gorge. First big crash at 220 km where the # 94 GENSEN Jor fell heavily from the front and has damaged his bike. Fortunately the pilot is going well and trying to get to the camp tonight. And small galleys have touched many of our competitors, the pebble in the chain, the oil seal that leaked in full to the special punctures repeated, Morocco offered to host more complicated than our competitors.

And tomorrow again with his loan of 500 km special between Tinerhir and Merzouga.

Long et dure ... voilà le sentiment des pilotes arrivés ce soir au Gorge du Todra où campe la caravane du Raid pour la nuit. Avec un départ à 8H30 après 117 km de liaison, les concurrents ont réellement commencé le Raid 2012 par une piste assez piégeuse, qui en a surpris quelques un. Avec des passages à haute altitude, les concurrents ont pu apprécier la beauté du Step 1: Marrakech - Tinerhir (Todra) mais le cadre idyllique ne doit pas faire oublier la légendaire réserve de surprise qui parsèment chaque km des pistes maroccaine. Gros point positif malgré tout, un soleil radieux et la neige aux abonnées absentes.

Mais que cette spéciale fut dure. A 20H00 Dimanche soir, seulement 50 motos et 1 Auto, sur les 150 véhicules engagés sont arrivé à l’arriver de la spéciale au Gorge du Todra. Première grosse chute au km 220 où le # 94 GENSEN Jor a chuté lourdement par l’avant et a bien abîmé sa moto. Heureusement le pilote va bien et essaie de rejoindre le bivouac ce soir. Et les petites galères ont touché pas mal de nos concurrents, du caillou dans la chaîne, au joint spi qui fui en pleine spéciale jusqu’aux crevaisons à répétition, le Maroc à offert un accueil plutôt compliqué à nos concurrents.

Et demain sa recommence avec prêt de 500 km de spéciale entre Tinerhir et Merzouga.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #25
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6157570&type=1

Stagehand screwed with this post 05-12-2012 at 10:12 AM
Stagehand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:45 AM   #26
LuisLourenco
Blue orange

Before words, a little movie across Erg Chebbi:

'96 Africa Twin
R3 Roadbook Rally Raid
Old 05-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #27
LuisLourenco
Blue orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Wish I were there again right now- what a great event this is!
We missed you, Ned! In many ways but specially changing tires the first day

Hope to have your company again in the near future! Next year it will take place in Dakhla, Western Sahara, logistics much more difficult and expensive... but, anyway, I'll be there
'96 Africa Twin
R3 Roadbook Rally Raid
Old 05-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #28
LuisLourenco
Blue orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
This was/is on my list. Looks like a ton of fun and great people. Grimmy almost had me talked into it... I'm going to try and return the favor next year the rental deal I thought this year was pretty nice.
Nice people, great ambiance, this is for sure

Next year, as I wrote before, will take place at Dakhla, Western Sahara, a very isolated region next to Mauritania and battle field a few years ago (many mines are still under the ground...) Much more expensive to go there, but promises another unforgetable journey
'96 Africa Twin
R3 Roadbook Rally Raid
Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #29
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

oh boy! MInes in the roadbook?

Maybe I should have done this years
Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #30
LuisLourenco
Blue orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
oh boy! MInes in the roadbook?

Maybe I should have done this years

I'm quite sure AIO will avoid dangerous areas, and I'm more sure you (and I, and others...) will not take risks riding out track specially when riding near Mauritania border, the really dangerous area...

A few years ago I met in the area some dutsch with golf clubs and many balls, trying to trigger mines next the border
'96 Africa Twin
R3 Roadbook Rally Raid