User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
AK KLR OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Alaska to Minnesota

Well to start off I can not tell you how excited I am for this trip. It's been in the making for quite some time now. I'll be leaving from Fairbanks (where I'm working currently but live in Anchorage) and going to end up in the western suburbs of Minneapolis. Stopping in Bozeman Montana to visit some friends. I'll be riding the Alcan highway for most of the way down. Solo until I get to Minneapolis. Then the old man and I are going to be heading back up to Denali park via the Denali highway. Man it's going to be awesome. I'll be leaving July 1st. Anyone who want's to join for part or all of it is welcome. Ride safe.
AK KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
TonyBKK
Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer: 813
That is AWESOME indeed!

I live in Thailand but I'll be in the Twin Cities beginning of July, getting ready for a ride out west with my son.

We'll probably leave around July 10th so I'm guessing we might be gone before you get there, but if we happen to be in the Twin Cities at the same time it would be cool to hook up!

What bike are you riding (doh, scratch that- just read your name!) and what route are you taking?

Happy Trails!

Tony
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS!
2005 BMW K1200LT
TonyBKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
ThanatosF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
If you're coming through the fargo/moorhead area (not exactly a tack-on-the-map destination, I know...) I'll have a garage with tools and what not if you need it!
ThanatosF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
AK KLR OP
Adventurer

I should be passing through Fargo. I actually have family there as well. Maybe a mini tech day? I will probably have to change my oil by that point. Thanks for letting me know. As for being in the Twin cities by the 10th, it's not out of the question but still might be a hard goal to accomplish. I will let you know and maybe we can go for a ride around Lake Calhoun. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
hankdayooper
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Wasilla to the UP and back

Hey ya,
I am also leaving solo. Wasilla out on solstice down the AK hwy.; all Candada; down I Falls, Duluth and on to da UP.
Do you have any good suggestions for a first-timer? I have done the AK hwy 20 times plus but first time riding. I plan to camp, possibly hook up with other riders on the road a bit. Gear, stops, safety, anything you'd tell a friend?
Larry
hankdayooper
hankdayooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
AK KLR OP
Adventurer

I actually haven't ridden it before. I remember from driving up in 2008 is bring gas!!!! My extra gas tanks saved me from being stranded and travel during the day because those are the old mechanical pumps and don't take cards in the middle of the night. Well hopefully I'll get to see you on the road!